Poll

is global warming a real threat

yes71%71% - 337
no28%28% - 135
Total: 472
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6672|Finland

I blame El Niño. Both for the weather and your spelling.

Edit: Boo for post-edited thread titles

Last edited by DonFck (2007-02-09 09:40:11)

I need around tree fiddy.
too_money2007
+145|6348|Keller, Tx
If it was globally-warmed, wouldn't it melt?

Last edited by too_money2007 (2007-02-09 09:38:48)

Neoburn_1035
Medic!!!!!!!
+27|6869|OP, KS

too_money2007 wrote:

If it was globally-warmed, wouldn't it melt?
LOL your would think so. It's BF2142 for real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6806|UK
I laugh at people who make statements like "If it was globally-warmed, wouldn't it melt?" because all they are doing is showing their ignorance on the matter.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6606|England

Neoburn_1035 wrote:

Check this out. NY to get 100 inches of globally-warmed snow

CNN.com
Woah. And I thought the 18+ inches that the UK had back in '63 was a lot (not old enough to remember ).

Maybe this will wake up Bush so he realises "oh its true then". Silly twat.
jord
+2,382|6718|The North, beyond the wall.
Well if it does come to an inevitable end then it won't be in my lifetime.

100+ years last time i checked.
Chappy556
+14|6740
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash8.htm

The Subcommittee on Energy and Air Quality hearing scheduled for Wednesday, February 14, 2007, at 10:00 a.m. in room 2123 Rayburn House Office Building has been postponed due to inclement weather. The hearing is entitled “Climate Change: Are Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Human Activities Contributing to a Warming of the Planet?”'
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/02/1 … 9529R.html

The study, led by Ian Howat, a researcher with the University of Colorado's National Snow and Ice Data Center and the University of Washington's Applied Physics Laboratory, shows the glaciers shrank dramatically and dumped twice as much ice into the sea during a period of less than a year between 2004 and 2005.

But then, fewer than two years later, they returned to near their previous rates of discharge.
SAVE IT FOR A SUNNY DAY: Maryville Univ. in St. Louis area cancelling screening of Al Gore's 'Inconvenient Truth' because of a snowstorm...
http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/dat … _flash.htm

Q: IPCC has released its report and you say that the global warming is a false myth. How did you get this idea, Mr President??

A: It's not my idea. Global warming is a false myth and every serious person and scientist says so. It is not fair to refer to the U.N. panel. IPCC is not a scientific institution: it's a political body, a sort of non-government organization of green flavor. It's neither a forum of neutral scientists nor a balanced group of scientists. These people are politicized scientists who arrive there with a one-sided opinion and a one-sided assignment. Also, it's an undignified slapstick that people don't wait for the full report in May 2007 but instead respond, in such a serious way, to the summary for policymakers where all the "but's" are scratched, removed, and replaced by oversimplified theses.? This is clearly such an incredible failure of so many people, from journalists to politicians. If the European Commission is instantly going to buy such a trick, we have another very good reason to think that the countries themselves, not the Commission, should be deciding about similar issues.?
all from drudge (i could care less how credible you think the site is)

Last edited by Chappy556 (2007-02-14 04:32:02)

.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6869
OMG it snowed somewhere in the world. That's 100% definate proof that global warming can't be happening!
Silentkillr69
+6|6218|Chicago
yeah im only 14 so im pretty pissed about this whole thing cause im goona have to help solve problems that generations BEFORE me created. that seems fair huh!
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6406|California

Silentkillr69 wrote:

yeah im only 14 so im pretty pissed about this whole thing cause im goona have to help solve problems that generations BEFORE me created. that seems fair huh!
damn you....
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6715|Canberra, AUS

Silentkillr69 wrote:

QFT.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6725|United States of America

Silentkillr69 wrote:

Don't forget about the whole Middle East thing to boot.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6715|Canberra, AUS

DesertFox- wrote:

Silentkillr69 wrote:

Don't forget about the whole Middle East thing to boot.
Yeah, well. This is a global warming thread. Plus, wtf do you expect a 14yo to do about Iraq? What he CAN do is try and do something about the environment - just the little things help.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
BVC
+325|6736
Even if global warming is bollocks, its no reason to continue fucking our planet.

Living on planet earth is like living in a shared apartment; you try not to make a mess, and if you do then you clean it up.  Fact is, we're making a mess and we aren't doing a good job of cleaning it up.  Really, we're the classic lazy flatmate.
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6205
YES IT IS , I'd like to skii in winters, please, thank you
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6394

Silentkillr69 wrote:

PLEASE TAKE NOTE :

1. Now they say  " We are Entering a ten to fifteen year Cooling Period ! "

2. The term " Global Warming " is being replaced with the term  " Climate Crisis " to keep up the momentum.

3. I didn't do any thing wrong to our Planet before or after you were born.

4. You are not going to do anything.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard