Sgt.Gene
+215|6766
https://img477.imageshack.us/img477/5342/screen5463pn.th.png
https://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6411/screen5474dy.png
[img=http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/4483/screen5489sa.png]
as u can see the scope sucks big time
https://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6984/screen5493jz.png
https://img477.imageshack.us/img477/7297/screen5708ot.th.png

as u can probably see i killed someone with it... it took like 4 shots to put him down though
just to let u guys know this is definatley the new sniper unlock

here is the crappy ass scope   no zoom at all...

https://img257.imageshack.us/img257/2325/screen5486df.th.png

Last edited by Sgt.Gene (2006-01-08 23:08:12)

Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6690
Damn why oh why must the snipers be so crappy if they actually hit like they were suppose to i'd be more fun how did you get these pictures?
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6714|'Ull, Yorkshire, England
How did you get to use it then? whats the LD for? i can't see the scope like you said.
Sgt.Gene
+215|6766

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

Damn why oh why must the snipers be so crappy if they actually hit like they were suppose to i'd be more fun how did you get these pictures?
i edited the gun into the game
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6714|'Ull, Yorkshire, England
Ok well i'm sure it won't be like that when they put it in the game. How have you got it so that it says ' you wasted ....' and you assisted in capturing a territory.......' my game doesn't say that so i guess you edited some files.
Sgt.Gene
+215|6766

=FDX=VEga wrote:

Ok well i'm sure it won't be like that when they put it in the game. How have you got it so that it says ' you wasted ....' and you assisted in capturing a territory.......' my game doesn't say that so i guess you edited some files.
well u have to go to the localization file and edit the file named english... thanks for noticing though
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6708|Antarctica
This was originaly going to be in the game, but it was taken out.  Don't get your hopes up yet.
Sgt.Gene
+215|6766

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

This was originaly going to be in the game, but it was taken out.  Don't get your hopes up yet.
well... it can fire and everything so i think this new sniper unlock will be this gun... y would EA take time ti make a new gun when this gun is almost done. it is actually a really good gun in real life but sucks in game right now
Drunkaholic
+4|6727
EA created a new model for barbed wire to be put in BF2.  It's not going in.  EA was going to make team-discerning supply crates.  They're not going in.  EA was going to put a Supply Lines mode in.  It's not there. 
I can name at least 3 more examples of stuff not going in if you want me too.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6846|Bryan/College Station, TX

Drunkaholic wrote:

EA created a new model for barbed wire to be put in BF2.  It's not going in.  EA was going to make team-discerning supply crates.  They're not going in.  EA was going to put a Supply Lines mode in.  It's not there.  I can name at least 3 more examples of stuff not going in if you want me too.
And to think they were and still are good ideas. At least the Supply Box via team and the Supply Lines mode. I would love a Supply Lines mode.

As for the sniper rifle shown above which is the secret one listed in the files but not used...

Is it a semi-auto like the MEC/PLA sniper rifles?

If so then that's probably very close to what the next Sniper unlock is going to be.

The one thing that USMC snipers don't have is a semi-auto sniper rifle and their are times which I can see it being needed. Combat snipers instead of Stealth Snipers could use a good semi-auto over the M95. Hence that's what I suspect will be the new unlock specifically to give USMC snipers that option.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Sgt.Gene
+215|6766

kilroy0097 wrote:

Drunkaholic wrote:

EA created a new model for barbed wire to be put in BF2.  It's not going in.  EA was going to make team-discerning supply crates.  They're not going in.  EA was going to put a Supply Lines mode in.  It's not there.  I can name at least 3 more examples of stuff not going in if you want me too.
And to think they were and still are good ideas. At least the Supply Box via team and the Supply Lines mode. I would love a Supply Lines mode.

As for the sniper rifle shown above which is the secret one listed in the files but not used...

Is it a semi-auto like the MEC/PLA sniper rifles?

If so then that's probably very close to what the next Sniper unlock is going to be.

The one thing that USMC snipers don't have is a semi-auto sniper rifle and their are times which I can see it being needed. Combat snipers instead of Stealth Snipers could use a good semi-auto over the M95. Hence that's what I suspect will be the new unlock specifically to give USMC snipers that option.
UMM... it is semi auto. in the sense that it doesnt have a bolt to pull back every time u fire it... but for some reason it zooms out every time u fire it then u have to zoom back in... but EA will probably change that because it is a semi austo sniper rifle just not at the moment

( p.s. for some reason in the game u can only fire it while prone, and u cant use the designator but the first time i used it a help menu thing did come up saying i have to paint the target and an air strike will come... but never came)
Sgt.Gene
+215|6766

Drunkaholic wrote:

EA created a new model for barbed wire to be put in BF2.  It's not going in.  EA was going to make team-discerning supply crates.  They're not going in.  EA was going to put a Supply Lines mode in.  It's not there. 
ok does that mean they wont add the m82a1a... no if they took the time to code it and shit im sure they will put it in it fores and everything and has a projectile im sure they will put this in.
oberst_enzian
+234|6745|melb.au

Drunkaholic wrote:

go on. i didn't know about this stuff
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6693|Devon, England
yeh i saw that whole laser designatin thing on a bf2 trailer, wer it sent co-ordinates to planes to bomb a certain area, marked by the laser thingy. they should definatly hav that in the game me finks :d
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6755

FFLink13 wrote:

yeh i saw that whole laser designatin thing on a bf2 trailer, wer it sent co-ordinates to planes to bomb a certain area, marked by the laser thingy. they should definatly hav that in the game me finks :d
My guess is the bomber in the original game only had one pilot seat, and so that pilot had to link up with snipers to provide him targets. My other guess alongside this is that is was found to be more a little difficult to use. Makes sense if you take in the construction cranes into account, those are typically poor spots for a sniper to shoot from, but would be decent for a guy with a laser designator. Think Gulf of Oman. You can hit pretty much every US base if you link up with a guy to drop those laser guided bombs. Problem being is if you place that laser on a target, the plane is going to have to come in an line up for a shot. It doesn't sound like it would be easy to do that, or very fun on the large maps. The guy sitting in the bomb seat is 10x easier, believe me I sit in it enough, with a good pilot on voice comm I can light a friendly on the ground's cigarette with it and hit the guy's hat that is 20m away from him.
armin
+0|6758| Bosnia & Herzegovina

Drunkaholic wrote:

please tell us
armin

freebirdpat wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

My guess is the bomber in the original game only had one pilot seat, and so that pilot had to link up with snipers to provide him targets. My other guess alongside this is that is was found to be more a little difficult to use. Makes sense if you take in the construction cranes into account, those are typically poor spots for a sniper to shoot from, but would be decent for a guy with a laser designator. Think Gulf of Oman. You can hit pretty much every US base if you link up with a guy to drop those laser guided bombs. Problem being is if you place that laser on a target, the plane is going to have to come in an line up for a shot. It doesn't sound like it would be easy to do that, or very fun on the large maps. The guy sitting in the bomb seat is 10x easier, believe me I sit in it enough, with a good pilot on voice comm I can light a friendly on the ground's cigarette with it and hit the guy's hat that is 20m away from him.
does the sniper pointing out targets get any points for doing so?
specops10-4
+108|6745|In the hills
I am completely confused... did you find this gun in some hidden files for bf2 or wtf???
Wow... I kinda feel retarded or sumthn, I feel like i should understand. WAAAAAAH
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6690
They should add a grenade launcher unlock its not fair default mec gets an automatic assult rifle and we got the crappy 3 burst.

i'd be nice if they added a M4A1M203
armin
we need a shoulder mounted STINGER missile, portable infantry AA!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6719|Riva, MD

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

They should add a grenade launcher unlock its not fair default mec gets an automatic assult rifle and we got the crappy 3 burst.

i'd be nice if they added a M4A1M203
You'll have to get the F2000 so you have automatic with a t00b whenever you want in core BF2.  Plus it replaces your crappy smoke grenades with flashbangs.
Charmin
+1|6695
YES YES YES, MY FAVOURITE GUN OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it an unlock for the special forces expansion set only or what?! Where can i get it?
rubberbudgie
+3|6783
Just to clear something up, the M82A1 is a much more destructive rifle in real life than the M95. The 82 is an anti-material rifle more so than a sniper rifle in that it's more used to destroy hard "objects" such as bunkers, radar installations and APC's - yes you read that correctly, an M82A1 is actually capable of destroying an LAV or BMP armoured personnel carrier at over 1500 yards. It was/still is used in Iraq in place of shoulder launched anti-tank missiles to destroy suspected suicide bomb vehicles. It has several different types of ammunition that can be used with it depending on the application, but a standard "bullet" fired at a soldier would almost certainly kill them even if only hit in the arm (well if they did survive they'd certainly be missing the arm and shoulder as a minimum anyway)

So for these reasons it wasn't included in the game because with this much power in real life, could you imagine how lame it would be if it took 2 shots to kill someone if struck in the chest like the M95 does currently? And if they did make it even half as powerful as it is in real life, virtually everybody would be using one and that would be very lame indeed.

So as for what the new sniper rifle will be remains a very good question indeed.......
Octavarium
+1|6713
Correction, it uses the same ammunition as the M95 and is therefore just as powerful.

The M95 (and M90 before it) was developed as a cheaper, lighter alternative to the M82 and for those who prefer Bolt-action to semi auto.

Both are used in real life as AMR's although there are Specific AMR's made by Barrett with larger calibre ammo which do a better job.
Octavarium
+1|6713
If BF2 was realistic a M95 round would kill in one shot and would destroy a Hummer in 2-3. Or an attack chopper in a clip or so.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard