USA - should have stricter gun laws10%10% - 19
USA - Gun laws fine as thay are8%8% - 16
USA - to ban all privately owned guns5%5% - 10
Total: 183
ts-pulsar
+54|6501

Vilham wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

(i havent read all the posts, so sorry if anything i say has been said before) US citizens should be able to own any guns that they want, its the 2nd ammendment in the constitution..... i think the UK should allow guns too........ i heard that since they banned guns there, the crime rate has doubled, can anyone from UK tell me if thats true?
lol... i can tell you that that is the biggest pile of crap ever. Gun crime has dropped incredibly low. Now a percent of 5% increase lets say is actually only about 100 incidents in a whole year. Most of these incidents most likely also involve replica guns and not real ones.
He didn't say gun crime, he just said crime.  Of course gun crime is going to drop when guns get banned, just like people dieing from horse and buggy accidents has dropped since the automobile became popular.

Please answer the right question.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK

ts-pulsar wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

(i havent read all the posts, so sorry if anything i say has been said before) US citizens should be able to own any guns that they want, its the 2nd ammendment in the constitution..... i think the UK should allow guns too........ i heard that since they banned guns there, the crime rate has doubled, can anyone from UK tell me if thats true?
lol... i can tell you that that is the biggest pile of crap ever. Gun crime has dropped incredibly low. Now a percent of 5% increase lets say is actually only about 100 incidents in a whole year. Most of these incidents most likely also involve replica guns and not real ones.
He didn't say gun crime, he just said crime.  Of course gun crime is going to drop when guns get banned, just like people dieing from horse and buggy accidents has dropped since the automobile became popular.

lol a question that has no relevance, there are thousands of reasons crime can increase. You guys are so gun toting you ignore the obvious.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6365|Columbus, Ohio
No.  Brits can't even handle a tooth brush.

/puts on flame suit.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK

usmarine2007 wrote:

/puts on flame suit.
Fair enough. Neither can Americans, but they are too dumb to realise it...

/puts on radiation suit
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6365|Columbus, Ohio

Vilham wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

/puts on flame suit.
Fair enough. Neither can Americans, but they are too dumb to realise it...

/puts on radiation suit
"Nukes at your position over?"
redhawk454
+50|6546|Divided States of America

Vilham wrote:

ts-pulsar wrote:

Vilham wrote:

lol a question that has no relevance, there are thousands of reasons crime can increase. You guys are so gun toting you ignore the obvious.
Hell in that case everyone in England should leave their cars unlocked for a week. Then tell me that leaving them unlocked is irrevelant to the fact that they were stolen. A person weilding a knife will think twice about mugging someone with a pistol. If you dont believe that try, to take my wallet.

Last edited by redhawk454 (2007-02-10 16:53:51)

usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6365|Columbus, Ohio

redhawk454 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

ts-pulsar wrote:

Hell in that case everyone in England should leave their cars unlocked for a week. Then tell me that leaving them unlocked is irrevelant to the fact that they were stolen.
/win
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6769|AUS, Canberra
why the hell would you want to be like america?
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6365|Columbus, Ohio

THA wrote:

why the hell would you want to be like america?
Holy mother of dog shit.  The heart attack appears.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

Vilham wrote:

My god you realy are more stupid than i thought... It has decreased since guns were banned in 1999. That has no relevance to a change in the last year... if crime decreased in the 6 years before that by 100% then went up by 49% it is lower than when guns were made illegal. Seriously lowing i dont know what time it is there but your clearly not thinking straight, i suggest you get some sleep.
But it is on the rise right? So your crime stats go up and down like everyone elses? and this makes England special how??
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6560

redhawk454 wrote:

A person weilding a knife will think twice about mugging someone with a pistol. If you dont believe that try, to take my wallet.
But if guns are legal then they'll have far easier access to guns.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

A person weilding a knife will think twice about mugging someone with a pistol. If you dont believe that try, to take my wallet.
Do you see how this discussion is the chicken or the egg question?
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6715|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

Bubbalo wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

But if you make guns illegal the law abiding citizens will, for the most part, give up their guns while the ones currently owned illegally will be on the streets for several years afterward.  The balance of power for the short to mid term would inevitably tip towards the criminals.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

mcgid1 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

But if you make guns illegal the law abiding citizens will, for the most part, give up their guns while the ones currently owned illegally will be on the streets for several years afterward.  The balance of power for the short to mid term would inevitably tip towards the criminals.
Not in Never Never land where bubbalo lives.There, PeterPan tips the balance of power back in favor of the fairies.
PureFodder
+225|6284

mcgid1 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

Don't worry,we tested that theory in the UK when we banned most guns.

Turns out it's a whole load of crap.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6560

mcgid1 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

A fact which I have acknowledged several times.  My stance, however, is that in the long term things are better.
PureFodder
+225|6284

lowing wrote:

Vilham wrote:

My god you realy are more stupid than i thought... It has decreased since guns were banned in 1999. That has no relevance to a change in the last year... if crime decreased in the 6 years before that by 100% then went up by 49% it is lower than when guns were made illegal. Seriously lowing i dont know what time it is there but your clearly not thinking straight, i suggest you get some sleep.
But it is on the rise right? So your crime stats go up and down like everyone elses? and this makes England special how??
What makes England so special is that gun crime is so low in the first place. Even with a small increase in gun crime it's still way lower than, say the US for example. Can't imagine why.
PureFodder
+225|6284

usmarine2007 wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Hell in that case everyone in England should leave their cars unlocked for a week. Then tell me that leaving them unlocked is irrevelant to the fact that they were stolen.
/win
BUT there are plenty of people who argue that if you banned guns then the law abiding citizens will hand their guns in, the criminals won't hence more crimes will be carried out successfuly using guns, hence gun crime will increase.
SuperMike
Banned
+11|6458|KENT
So far (Sunday Feb 11 11.30 am)  55 Are for us Brits to have guns
whilst 29 against ?   
hmm..... interesting
PureFodder
+225|6284

SuperMike wrote:

whilst 29 against ?   
hmm..... interesting
I guess 29 Europeans and 55 Americans read this poll then.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

PureFodder wrote:

lowing wrote:

Vilham wrote:

But it is on the rise right? So your crime stats go up and down like everyone else's? and this makes England special how??
What makes England so special is that gun crime is so low in the first place. Even with a small increase in gun crime it's still way lower than, say the US for example. Can't imagine why.
maybe it is the 300,000,000 people in the US not counting the 20,000,000 criminals that pour over our borders with 500,000 more criminals arriving each year to the 60,000,000 people in the UK.

Or maybe it is because the UK is about the size of 1 of our states.

Or maybe it is because the UK has every square inch of their major cities covered with surveillance cameras so the govt. can watch every little move you make and when you make it. I know  Villam can't like that, he hates that we have terrorists and suspected terrorists under surveillance without letting everyone know, let alone every swinging dick in the city. http://www.notbored.org/england-history.html

maybe it is because yo are so over crowded that you don't have room to raise your arm and actually shoot a gun.
Do you have a knife problem?
SuperMike
Banned
+11|6458|KENT

PureFodder wrote:

SuperMike wrote:

whilst 29 against ?   
hmm..... interesting
I guess 29 Europeans and 55 Americans read this poll then.
Lol I hope not - anyway the yanks should not be voting on the Brit
poll but on their own section ?
Now I AM CONFUSED !!!!!!!!
beerface702
+65|6691|las vegas
in neveda you can own any type of projectile firing arm.

except say shoulder rockets, or any type of anti air stuff..lol of course you cant own that

but any pistol, shotgun, rifle, full auto, BMG, what have you..yes

alot of other states though its like pulling teeth to own a gun, i.e new york, DC, LA, etc
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6653|Teesside, UK

lowing wrote:

Or maybe it is because the UK has every square inch of their major cities covered with surveillance cameras so the govt. can watch every little move you make and when you make it. I know  Villam can't like that, he hates that we have terrorists and suspected terrorists under surveillance without letting everyone know, let alone every swinging dick in the city

http://www.notbored.org/england-history.html

maybe it is because yo are so over crowded that you don't have room to raise your arm and actually shoot a gun.
You moan about the the UK trying to tell the US what needs to be done yet from what i can see it's You talking down to us telling us what needs to be in the UK and people trying to show you why we think its a bad idea.  But never mind I'm obviously wrong aren't I for the simple fact I'm disagreeing with Lowing and your never wrong?

lowing wrote:

I'd say yes we have a knife problem.  But its illegal to carry a knife too.  Saying let everyone have guns because it will probably get rid of the knife problem, it'll just mean that every confrontation where some guy pulls a gun turns nasty when everyone around pulls out a gun instead of running like they would from a knife.

And yeah we have probably the most CCTV in the world so what?  the law abiding citizens know we have nothing to fear and that it is making criminals jobs much harder so wheres the problem?  Thats how we have the London bombers in prison cause their movements were tracked and it's also there cause one of the biggest problems in the UK is binge drinking and most weekends the police spend all their time breaking randoms fights.  If those people had guns Friday night in town is going to get a hell of a lot more bloody than it already is.

Oh what about those links i posted earlier in the thread about our emergency services, yobs start fires and make fake emergency calls to lure police/ambulance and fire engines and then try to assault them with airguns, rocks and any other weapons they can find.  Now if these people 'borrowed' their parents legal gun I'd say were going to have a problem.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

crimson_grunt wrote:

lowing wrote:

Or maybe it is because the UK has every square inch of their major cities covered with surveillance cameras so the govt. can watch every little move you make and when you make it. I know  Villam can't like that, he hates that we have terrorists and suspected terrorists under surveillance without letting everyone know, let alone every swinging dick in the city

http://www.notbored.org/england-history.html

You moan about the the UK trying to tell the US what needs to be done yet from what i can see it's You talking down to us telling us what needs to be in the UK and people trying to show you why we think its a bad idea.  But never mind I'm obviously wrong aren't I for the simple fact I'm disagreeing with Lowing and your never wrong?

lowing wrote:

I'd say yes we have a knife problem.  But its illegal to carry a knife too.  Saying let everyone have guns because it will probably get rid of the knife problem, it'll just mean that every confrontation where some guy pulls a gun turns nasty when everyone around pulls out a gun instead of running like they would from a knife.

And yeah we have probably the most CCTV in the world so what?  the law abiding citizens know we have nothing to fear and that it is making criminals jobs much harder so wheres the problem?  Thats how we have the London bombers in prison cause their movements were tracked and it's also there cause one of the biggest problems in the UK is binge drinking and most weekends the police spend all their time breaking randoms fights.  If those people had guns Friday night in town is going to get a hell of a lot more bloody than it already is.

Oh what about those links i posted earlier in the thread about our emergency services, yobs start fires and make fake emergency calls to lure police/ambulance and fire engines and then try to assault them with airguns, rocks and any other weapons they can find.  Now if these people 'borrowed' their parents legal gun I'd say were going to have a problem.
I haven't said a word as to what anyone needs to do in their countries. I made an observation to the irony that in the US we are "being stripped of our freedom" by constant survaillance against suspected terrorists, and in the UK the same people support "big brother" recording their every move. Seems alittle incinsistant is all. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with me, as a matter of fact, those are the people that I want to hear from. Just don't get pissed off if you can not convince me you are right. By the way, of course I think I am right, or why would I argue it. Do most people on here argue points they think are wrong?

If you have a knife problem then you have the same underlying problem the US has........criminals. guns really isn't the issue then is it? Or is it fair to say the US is more angelic because we don't have a knife problem compared to England? If all of a sudden criminals start using baseball bats, are you prepared to outlaw them as well? Where exactly do you draw the line from govt. control and holding individuals responsibile for their own actions, without punishing the masses?

The people that are making false calls are criminals, trat them as such I would say

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard