cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6702
Just a quick question. 

If you switch kits does the body armor go with the kit or does it stay with the player?

Example situation:  You spawn with armor on... kill someone who does not have armor and take his kit, after you run off a medic revives him.  Who has the armor?
Des.Kmal
+917|6610|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
he does.

Last edited by Des.Kmal (2007-02-07 13:25:02)

Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
cheshiremoe
+50|6702

Des.Kmal wrote:

he does.
So once you switch kits you realy don't know if you have armor or not (especialy if it is just a kit lying on the ground with no body).

It would be nice if there were a visual indicator on your hud if you had body armor or not.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6486|N. Ireland
or you could just hit the sprint key.
cheshiremoe
+50|6702

leetkyle wrote:

Maybe I am just dense, but that does not seem to make any difference to me or I am just use to the fast movements of BF2.  I can't tell that way.  BF2142 seems like slow motion most of the time.
Master*
Banned
+416|6487|United States

cheshiremoe wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

Maybe I am just dense, but that does not seem to make any difference to me or I am just use to the fast movements of BF2.  I can't tell that way.  BF2142 seems like slow motion most of the time.
Thats what I used to say, but i seemed to have warmed up to 2142
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6486|N. Ireland
you can run for way longer with no armor.
ZCaliber
+12|6504|Between Canada and Iowa
*Ahem*

Here's the thing...

No matter what kit you pick up, and no matter the equipment selection, the Armor option is always what you originally picked.

If you have heavy armor on, it's going to stay that way until you change it.
GeoEnvi
+22|6679|Philadelphia, PA
Here's the real questions about armor....

Why the hell would you NOT put it on?

Does it really make that much difference in your gaming?
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

GeoEnvi wrote:

I think so, I never have it on. I'd rather try not to get hit than to see how many bullets I can take. In the situations I get killed, armor would not have made much of a difference.
Zefar
+116|6642|Sweden

jsnipy wrote:

I think so, I never have it on. I'd rather try not to get hit than to see how many bullets I can take. In the situations I get killed, armor would not have made much of a difference.
I really really doubt that the armor would have done nothing in those situation. You do know that the powerfull sniper rifle can kill you in one hit now?
Brasso
+1,549|6623

Zefar wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

I really really doubt that the armor would have done nothing in those situation. You do know that the powerfull sniper rifle can kill you in one hit now?
Only without armor.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6754|Internet!
Armor slows you down waaaaaaay too much. I need my sprint.
Zefar
+116|6642|Sweden

haffeysucks wrote:

Zefar wrote:

Only without armor.
That's what I meant, it kills in one hit when you don't wear armor and he doesn't wear any which is frankly pretty stupid on most infantry maps imo. As those snipers usually hit you.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685

GeoEnvi wrote:

Yes. For example, as EU if you choose light armor, your camoflague is more effective (less orange spots). As a sniper this is very good. Light armor is also very good for tank busting as either Recon or Engineer.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6754|Internet!
Uhm. Does changing your armor actually change your soldier's color?

I've looked a lot of other soldiers, and they all look the same. I don't recall ever seeing soldiers in different armor.

Either that or *everyone* is wearing heavy armor. >.>
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685

Kanil wrote:

Uhm. Does changing your armor actually change your soldier's color?

I've looked a lot of other soldiers, and they all look the same. I don't recall ever seeing soldiers in different armor.

Either that or *everyone* is wearing heavy armor. >.>
yes it does change your appearance.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard