Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6329|Australia
Karkand:
USMC - Engineer.
MEC - spec ops, for mining the last base. Best place to hide: on the factory roof.

Sharqi:
USMC - Spec ops, mining the TV station.
MEC - Any kit I need to get time on, at the base with the assets.

Mashtuur:
USMC or MEC - Spec ops, mining the gas station. Or if the gas is taken, some remote location on the edge of the map.

Jalalabad:
USMC - Sniper, useful against baseraping or taking out sneaky spec-ops guys.
MEC - Sniper on a rooftop somewhere.

And I don't give supply drops unless requested. I always keep them for assets, such as when caps like TV station or factory have been taken.

Last edited by Sup3r_Dr4gon (2007-02-09 02:06:19)

Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6745|Reality

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

i go sniper, and i hide so i have a clear veiw of the assets, and atleast one flag, engi is useless because yo u can repaire assets with the supply crates, unless someone actually needs 1
Yeah you could waste your supply crates for that but as engy you would get credit for the repairs. You can get your repair badges this way.
However you don't get your repair points directly but rather indirectly through your contribution to your commander score.

The best way to take advantage of this is to be in a vehicle next to your asset. You can repair while in the commander screen.

Or you want to help in the field, be a passenger in an APC as a support class (medic, support, engy). This only works if your APC driver is not a total idiot rushing 4 tanks, 5 AT and a chopper.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Flex
Flex Appeal
+18|6472|NY

Stubbee wrote:

i go sniper, and i hide so i have a clear veiw of the assets, and atleast one flag, engi is useless because yo u can repaire assets with the supply crates, unless someone actually needs 1
Yeah you could waste your supply crates for that but as engy you would get credit for the repairs. You can get your repair badges this way.
However you don't get your repair points directly but rather indirectly through your contribution to your commander score.

The best way to take advantage of this is to be in a vehicle next to your asset. You can repair while in the commander screen.

Or you want to help in the field, be a passenger in an APC as a support class (medic, support, engy). This only works if your APC driver is not a total idiot rushing 4 tanks, 5 AT and a chopper.
do you get repair points as commander? I dont remember ever seeing the "+1 repair point" notification. Is it similar to how when you kill someone as commander it only lists it in the top left?
FoShizzle
Howdah Lysozyme
+21|6629|Pittsburgh, PA

you're a douche...forget the armor needing a resupply huh?
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6424|San Antonio, TX
I only command if I am engy class.  I am one of the Spec Ops guys that stick around and wait for you to drop a supply crate to repair what I've broken.  Then when you drop the crate, I re-load, go to the other assets and you lose everything.

I prefer to hop in a jeep/buggy, hit F2 to get in the gunner seat and repair the assets that way.  You not only get time in the kit, but you also get time in transport that way.

Leave the supply crate for the guys on the front fighting for the team... or for your own Spec Op 'sploding the enemy assets!
Goerra
+2|6294|Sweden, Vasteras
Mostly engineer, so I can repair the UAV/scan/arty.
Gfinners
+17|6305|Cornwall, England
On Jalalabad USA i'm engineer so i can repair UAV and satellite
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

Whichever one I don't have a hundred hrs in.  Although, I haven't played as commander in quite along time.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

I usually play engineer when I'm commanding so that I can repair any assets without sacrificing supplies and giving any hiding spec ops more ammo to blow more stuff up. But now that I have my 100+ hours as engineer kit, I just play as whatever kit I'm working on. As of now it's support.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria
Engineer - because wasting supplies is stupid.
Also because the MP7 has a whopping 900 rounds per minute and it's great fun to blast away SpecOps with it.
churn
Banned
+0|6289
Whatever kit I'm aiming to get my badge for. Otherwise, engineer.
san4
The Mas
+311|6690|NYC, a place to live
I sometimes play medic because I like to be able to see where my guys are getting killed. It helps me figure out where the enemy is between scans (or if my scanner is destroyed).

But engineer is the most sensible choice.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria

san4 wrote:

I sometimes play medic because I like to be able to see where my guys are getting killed. It helps me figure out where the enemy is between scans (or if my scanner is destroyed).
...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
Dominatr
+0|6311
I usually take the kit that leads to a badge. At least when I still needed all but knife and pistol basic badges
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6680|Middle of nowhere
Engy
|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6425|NL-NH-DH
Most common is Engy to repair your assets, but sometimes Medic so you can see where someone is killed (like san4 said).
Or like all of you said, the kit where u need the 100 hours for..
bootsy
Banned
+9|6288
i switch up,depends on the map,but usaly an assault rifle with nade launcher
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6465|meh-land
i'm whatever i want to be, usually medic or sniper though, depending on how much the front lines need me.

in infantry only there is no purpose to sitting in one spot because you only have UAV/scan to deal with, which are easily dealt with while running around
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6795|South Cybertown, Texas
Engineer on most maps where someone can take out assets easly!

It hard to find someone that is willing to just sit around the base waiting for repair point.
Smitty5613
+46|6528|Middle of nowhere, California
I like engineer so i can repair the arty and give the supply box to the tank that is capping the enemy flag
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6671
I tend to play as support/assault/anti-armour because I usually do not repair anything. Ever. But I might have to defend myself if a spec ops type decides to come shoot me.

If my team cannot be arsed to repair, I cannot be arsed to command, and resign. Not going to get very many points OR the win anyway - so why keep commanding?

To clarify: if I am commanding, then my team loses out when I have to stop commanding in order to go repair something. That's a minute, two minutes, three minutes, whatever, that they have NO UAV support; no scanning; no supply crates, et al. So... no. I don't repair things. It's counter-productive. If the team wants to lose, they can do it without me in command. :p

Last edited by Auqakuh2213 (2007-02-10 17:07:15)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard