Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6513|London, UK
Ok, I got this idea from another Oblivion related post I made a comment on, and after some people made comments back, I thought a separate post is needed. So....

What single moment in TES IV: Oblivion is your favourite, or most memorable? Can be anything from comedic moments to unexpected 'scary' stuff, or moments that for you are pure gaming perfection.

Mine, as I said on the other post, was standing in the Jerall Mountains with the video setting ramped WAAAAAAAY up, looking over the Imperial City at sunrise.........that view will probably not be beaten in a game for quite some time, IMO
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6537|Adelaide, South Australia

Leading the Udyrfrykte Matron into Bruma...

Ahh, memories...
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6718|MoVal So-Cal
When I found out that the light house in Anvil (i think) has a basement that is home to a cannibal and is littered with body parts

AND

Going in to the painting (its crazy looking) to rescue the painter
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6784|UK
I think for me its the crazy parts. eg, the painters painting, the guys dream world, those sorts of things. I remember them realy well, just because they are different.
Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6513|London, UK
Yeah, the painters mission was good, as was rescueing that mage in Bravil from his own mind, some inspired coding there.

Fenris, where is the Udyrfrykte Matron mission? I thought that I had done most things in Oblivion at one point or another, but clearly, you found something I never knew about.......
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6463|Australia.
Shooting bookcases with an area effect fireball spell...

Dropping heaps of Sigil Stones in my house and watch em roll around...

Get to a high level and just murder everyone in one town...

Stealing coins from the Arena coffers...

Maybe some more, can't remember msot of it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

My most memorable moment is not being able to find out what's chasing me while riding, and having to dismount only to find out it's just wolf. My favorite moments happen to be the living painting and the pet rats chewing up some magically frozen guy.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-02-07 13:26:37)

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

Bjenkins_X_123 wrote:

Yeah, the painters mission was good, as was rescueing that mage in Bravil from his own mind, some inspired coding there.

Fenris, where is the Udyrfrykte Matron mission? I thought that I had done most things in Oblivion at one point or another, but clearly, you found something I never knew about.......
Its not really a mission or quest. If you've ever found Dive Rock, you'll probably know what I'm talking about.

If you haven't found Dive Rock, go here, and follow the links to help.

BTW, this particular quest doesn't have markers or prompts, It's more of an Easter Egg.
Rogness
The English Redneck
+10|6822|Plymouth, England
Childish, perhaps, but my fave moment was the first time I cast a paralyze on self spell.  The way you just fall sideways still makes me smile now.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

Rogness wrote:

Childish, perhaps, but my fave moment was the first time I cast a paralyze on self spell.  The way you just fall sideways still makes me smile now.
BAHAHAHA!! +1. Thats even better than my 'Flaming Swordsman' spell. (3pt Fire damage 30 sec, Heal 3pts 25sec)

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2007-02-08 04:00:17)

frankyman_88
I <3 J.C.
+29|6573|QLD, australia
Loading shadowmere with multiple items and killing it over and over again to sell them
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6671
*grey fox mask on*
*kill guard*
*grey fox mask off*
*fifteen guards run at me, do nothing, put their weapon away, and walk back*
*grey fox mask on*
*kill guard*
*grey fox mask off
*fourteen guards run at me, do nothing, put their weapon away, and walk back*
etc...

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2007-02-08 08:47:36)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6513|London, UK

Rogness wrote:

Or perhaps being paparlyzed by a Spide Daedra's 'baby', happened countless times, but the funniest had 2 be when I was swinging my sword, it caught just as the sword was drawn right back........the way my dude rolled over, with the sword sticking straight up, reminded me of Excalibur and the Lady of the Lake........ without of course, walking crocodile and horny devils trying to bite/slash me!

Last edited by Bjenkins_X_123 (2007-02-08 11:15:10)

Greenboi
+14|6385
Getting 100% reflect damage and getting all the guards to attack me...that was fun
Dizik
It tastes like burning
+23|6833|Moore, OK
Man....I really need to start playing this game again. I played for maybe a total of 5 hours, but got distracted by other games. Damn you Battlefield 2142, Hitman: Blood Money, and Company of Heroes.
MagiCandy
+18|6672
I got a kick out of talking with the necrophiliac in Skingrad
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

Dizik wrote:

Man....I really need to start playing this game again. I played for maybe a total of 5 hours, but got distracted by other games. Damn you Battlefield 2142, Hitman: Blood Money, and Company of Heroes.
2142...bleh. Blood Money...awesome. CoH, OK. I played Oblivion for about 20 hours straight, then never touched it again.
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6673|Cambridge, England
Trying to kill the adoring fan.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6759|In your head
Mine is bar fighs and randomly paralyzing people. That and being able to enchant swords with fir damage and hitting people and watch them fly like little birdys then shooting them out of sky with my bow.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6363|Twyford, UK
Having only watched it done for a few hours, it had to be my friend steamrollering the arena with a large hammer. Someone comes out, wait for the charge, step back, swing, and they cartwheel off brokenly.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6663
when joined the dark cult the brotherhood and I killed everyone and became the boss woot woot and everyone called my character master. lol
Fireteam_Delta
+20|6452
When i did the quest for the paranoid guy that think everyone is spying on him and he asks you to kill people.  I love oblivion because the people are so twisted
Lasdferret
+16|6501
Leading the little fan guy you get when your the Champion of the Arena into the mountains. Get him on a ledge and lunch his ass with a bow. Too funny.

Last edited by Lasdferret (2007-02-09 21:15:03)

Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6421|Alberta, Canada
Picture this:

I'm watching two guards fire arrows at a target. They're doing their thing... I'm stealing the arrows... anyways.
Guard 1 is out of arrows and goes to retrieve his
Guard 2 is still firing

Guard 1 walks infront of Guard 2's path

Guard 2 puts one right into Guard 1's head.

Guard 2 walks up to the corpse and says "The killer must still be around here somewhere..."

Not kidding. I laughed so hard.
cMD-RR
+17|6305
when i noticed the gronkiturop in the guwert village in the north hemisphere.......

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard