Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6735
I just dont get it. I can count killing the same person 7 or 8 times in a round, but they never seem to show up in my victim list. whereas other people are in my list that i dont even remember playing with. So how does the favorite victim listing work? do you only get credit for killing a person once every few minutes or something? does it only count if the person actually DIES instead of getting revived? Does it only count if the planets are in alignment? someone please clarify this.
specops10-4
+108|6777|In the hills
I seem to have the same problem, I think it should be over all rounds instead of over just 1 round.  But awnsering the guestion you might not actually be killing the guy as much as you think you are.  If you kill a guy 4 times over 20 minute round you might feel like you killed him more.  I don't realy know... just a thought...
Diomed
+1|6733
I'm pretty sure its unanswered kills.  For example you kill X 5 times in a round but X never kills you, even though you die to other people in the time you get the 5 kills of X.  X, if he has only been killed 4 times by his previous enemy becomes your victim.  Super Confusing huh?!  At least thats my theory.
oberst_enzian
+234|6777|melb.au
i thought it might be if you kill that guy that many times in a row (i.e. he dies only to you that many times in a row). i say this because i have had the same to schmo's on my list for two months, even though i know i have had rounds where i killed other dudes that amount of times (for example, once i was counter sniping a n00b that just kep coming back to same place i killed him and trying to spot me. i just kept killing him - and counting because i want that damn list to change! - but he didn't appear on the list even though i got him the same amount of times as my one 'favorite victim'.
jonsass
+1|6796|Beastmanville, Skeletorland

Diomed wrote:

I'm pretty sure its unanswered kills.  For example you kill X 5 times in a round but X never kills you, even though you die to other people in the time you get the 5 kills of X.  X, if he has only been killed 4 times by his previous enemy becomes your victim.  Super Confusing huh?!  At least thats my theory.
No it isn't. One of my favorite victims is also one of my worst enemies.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6743|th3 unkn0wn
Good thread. I've been wondering how the darn system works cos I've had random names that I hardly notice in-game being added to my favourite victims list YET those that I do notice and kill like over 5/6/7 times in one round don't appear.

Yo Chuy can you please enlighten us as to how the system works? Cheers m8
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6790|United States of America
The reason i have one guy on my list is because i killed him 9 times, without killing anyone else, mostly cuz we were bored and commanders get bored sittin around all day.  Knife and shock paddles war then.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6740|Antarctica
I have no Idea tbh.  I only remember killing about 2 of my fav victims,  I know that I killed PinkPantyPie several times in a row, he was just some noob on a low pop server.  And I remember [18AD]ViperMaul, I know I killed him 5 times in a row without getting killed.  The rest, I have no idea.  It seems everyone that I think will be added don't and some guys I don't know do   And my worst opponent, I am 100% sure he didn't kill me 8 times in a row, much less 3.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6743|th3 unkn0wn

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

And my worst opponent, I am 100% sure he didn't kill me 8 times in a row, much less 3.
BREAKING NEWS!!! EA conspires to make VeNg3nCe look like a noob! More to follow on CNN...
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6792|06-01
i have the same problem, was on a 64player server with only about 18 players so the round lasted forever.
this guy (he is an awesome infantry player) greased me 27 times!!! sad stat to have, he is my number 1 enemy now! 27 times!! holy f**king cow man. kinda depressing when my previous enemy only had 6 kills on me.
BUT.
i killed this new worst enemy of mine at least 10-15 times as well (not as much as 27 i know, but its a small consolation) but he has not shown up in my victims list. WHY? WHY? WHY?
at least if he showed up i wouldn't look like i took a total beating from him (although i admit he did beat me overall).
just kinda sucks about this whole victim/ enemy double standard thing...
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6823|Singapore

Methinks its:

Killing without him dying to anyone else. Do you get it?

Lets say A, B and C.

C's the enemy.

A kills C 10x, then B kills C 1x, then A kills C 5x again.

The victim will be C(10) instead of C(15) BECAUSE B broke the killing streak. Get it get it?
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6743|th3 unkn0wn

tthf wrote:

i have the same problem, was on a 64player server with only about 18 players so the round lasted forever.
this guy (he is an awesome infantry player) greased me 27 times!!! sad stat to have, he is my number 1 enemy now! 27 times!! holy f**king cow man. kinda depressing when my previous enemy only had 6 kills on me.
BUT.
i killed this new worst enemy of mine at least 10-15 times as well (not as much as 27 i know, but its a small consolation) but he has not shown up in my victims list. WHY? WHY? WHY?
at least if he showed up i wouldn't look like i took a total beating from him (although i admit he did beat me overall).
just kinda sucks about this whole victim/ enemy double standard thing...
Another victim of EA's customer conspiracies. You have my deepest sympathies m8
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6792|06-01

polarbearz wrote:

Methinks its:

Lets say A, B and C.

C's the enemy.

The victim will be C(10) instead of C(15) BECAUSE B broke the killing streak. Get it get it?
that new worst enemy of mine DID NOT grease me 27 times in a row......
bs6749
+3|6778

Diomed wrote:

No, I don't think so because I killed a guy 9 times in one round (Yes I actually counted). I was sniping and was never killed in that round. My favorite victim still hasn't been updated from then (weeks ago).
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6743|th3 unkn0wn

tthf wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

Methinks its:

Lets say A, B and C.

C's the enemy.

that new worst enemy of mine DID NOT grease me 27 times in a row......
Yet another theory bites the dust. Somebody call Chuy! Quick!
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6768|cairns australia

Miller wrote:

The reason i have one guy on my list is because i killed him 9 times, without killing anyone else, mostly cuz we were bored and commanders get bored sittin around all day.  Knife and shock paddles war then.
same but the guy died 13 times shot him with silenced pistol 13 times lol.u would think about changing tactics but no god bless newbs
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6768|cairns australia
i think that it is not necessarily iar either as some people who are not stat padders have a favourite victimkilled over 50times
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6792|06-01

pokerplaya wrote:

i think that it is not necessarily iar either as some people who are not stat padders have a favourite victimkilled over 50times
if it is not based IAR then i am darn sure i got the guy more than 15 times!!
pretty sure its IAR but the rest is a bloody mystery to me mate
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6872|A Small Isle in the Tropics

tthf wrote:

if it is not based IAR then i am darn sure i got the guy more than 15 times!!
pretty sure its IAR but the rest is a bloody mystery to me mate
I think it is IAR. I am TW Tracker's worst victim, and the figure is consistent with the round I had where I died over and over again, a result of his bomb runs on an uncap-able base flag. I was subsequently nailed by him again in the next round but not as many times, and those kills didnt add to the 7 that I already chalked up in the previous round. As for my favorite victim, I had also nailed him the 6x that it showed on my stats, and in one single round.

Ditto for dying 13x to another player, and this was over a chopper duel.

The mysteries of BF2..
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6786|Toronto, ON
I have victims I have only killed 3 times IAR.

Explain that.

GG Bye.
Alpha as fuck.
uk.solidsnake
+3|6742|England, UK
Personally I think it works like a combo system (Unreal Tournament - double kill, multi kill, ultra kill).

Example, you kill so and so, that's one kill, you then kill him again within a minute and that's two, kill him again and it continues like so. However, if you don't kill him for say, five minutes, the chain is broken, so he doesn't become your victim.

I'm most likely wrong, though.
Esker
+1|6761
I don't think it works properly period.
Flasheart88
+0|6794|Brisbane
I'm fairly sure that victims are those people who have *you* as their worst enemy. So if you have Joe Bloggs as your favourite victim with 8 kills, then you have killed him 8 times IAR, and no one has done better. Then if you've got John Doe as another victim, its the same, but isn't your *favourtite* victim, because it might only be 7 kills IAR.
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6772|Great Wall
I don't understand why the guy who I killed only 8 times is my favourite victim.. and the one who I killed 13 times is not
https://members.lycos.co.uk/mordoklej/temp/hmm.png
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6771
I think its just the most kills in a round but i think either ea is slacking on this stat or some servers dont report this stat.
ITs one of the 2 cause i have played a couple of times where i kill the same person 6 or seven times, and i know i have cause ill laugh at them through the chat system. Theres also ppl that i know i have kill several times in a  row cause they left thier computer and kept respawning and i kept snipin then from a distance.

SO personally i think the stat is just messed up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard