Machinegunman73
+2|6454|Oshkosh Wi.
I cant figure out the best button set up for helicopters.
Like how do I switch seats without going from joystick to keyboard to mouse and back to joystick?
would really appreciate some tips.
spikes14
+25|6389
Depends how many buttons there are, and where your buttons are...
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6839|San Francisco

Use JoyToKey and simply bind buttons on your joystick to the same ones that control whatever you want to do from the keyboard.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6611
Don't use joystick for flying, use it for only jets.

Last edited by Hacial (2007-02-10 03:13:00)

danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6707|Germany
https://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1693/choppersetupdq6.jpg
https://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4106/jetsetupgt4.jpg
Cycloops
+1|6385
Dude thats a pretty weird setup..
Why not use the throttle thing for the throttle in the chopper?
and for the jet after burner i have the one where your thumb sits, i have bomb/missles toggle as the one on top on the right side and my bomb on the left side, view top right and flares top left.

Last edited by Cycloops (2007-02-10 05:06:35)

Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6440|Newcastle NSW Australia
https://clan-ass.com/files/joyconfig.jpg

Thats my setup. You may ask why the trigger is set to flares and the thumb button set to fire in a chopper, if you have a playaround with it you will find that you can fire alot quicker with the thumb over the trigger and flares............well they dont work that well in a chopper anyway. Download "joy to key" too, its an awsome macro program that allows you to bind anything to the joystick, even mouse axis so you can use ur stick in games that dont support it Always use the throttle key too. you can have alot more control over thrust. So much so that you can get your chopper to hover, covering a base while you leave the computer to get a drink.

Last edited by Invaderzim (2007-02-10 05:11:23)

Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6611
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6644

Hacial wrote:

Don't use joystick for flying, use it for only jets.
another person too lazy to learn how to fly a chopper with a joystick. If you don't have the time/skills/effort to learn don't tell others not to. I learnt and can maneauvre far better than with mouse+keyboard.

let me tell you my setup, it's got everything you can need

2 - flares
3 - switch firing modes (jet)
4 - fire missles/bombs (does nothing in chopper)
5 - cockpit view
6 - rear view
9 - afterburner
10 - 3D map
HAT up - fly by (USE IT!)
HAT left - scores
HAT right - map
HAT down - zoom map
Trigger - fire missles

using the toggle camera option is retarded - you need to be able to access all cameras, fast.

A while ago I used Pinnacle Game Profiler to set up a bind for button 7 + HAT direction to be mouse look, and button 9 was a solo button. First press, switch seats, second, TV missle mode, third (and hold) spam left mouse button, fourth, switch seats again. and repeat.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6611

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Is that for chopper or jet?
And if you use extreme 3d pro could you post your chopper setup?

Edit: I just tried to use my joystick when in chopper, but it's weird. I can fly good with KB+Mouse in chopper though.

Last edited by Hacial (2007-02-10 07:43:15)

danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6707|Germany

Cycloops wrote:

Dude thats a pretty weird setup..
Well, it fits me...

Cycloops wrote:

Why not use the throttle thing for the throttle in the chopper?
'Cause the throttle thing is not accurate enough and doesn't respond as quikcly as the buttons.
For the jet it's no big deal, but for the chopper it's more important to act as quickly as you can.

Cycloops wrote:

and for the jet after burner i have the one where your thumb sits
See i tend not to take my thumb away for this position if i don't have to, i rather uses my left hand for switching/activating all that stuff

Cycloops wrote:

i have bomb/missles toggle as the one on top on the right side and my bomb on the left side, view top right and flares top left.
So, you are pretty busy while flying and moneuvering through the battle with one hand and can't really cover the stick with the whole hand. That doesn't give you 100% control IMO.

But in the end it's anyways trial and error till one setting fits you and only you 'cause everybody has a different feeling about the control of your flightstick.

For example Sarge thinks it's more easy to hover with the throttle in his chopper above the base.
For me it's the buttons because the dosing is for me easier.

Edit: About the joystick>M+KB for chopper I agreee, but that's probably just the reason because it's the choppers nature to be steered by a joystick and not with a mouse. I will always stick to my joystick when it comes to flying things since played X-Wing and Tie Fighter in the 90's with a joystick already....
I won't change that anymore since it fits me far more better..... Good'ol times

Last edited by danCer (2007-02-10 08:25:35)

Shade_Leonidas
+0|6192
hey, my pitch fwd/back is Joy Axis 1 (foward and backward) but somehow when i push my stick foward, my jet goes backwards. And what did you guys set for Roll left / right, Steer left / right?

Last edited by Shade_Leonidas (2007-05-06 21:16:51)

SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6305|Netherlands
I wouldnt use  joystick for helis if i were u

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard