armin
+0|6727| Bosnia & Herzegovina
I just found out that the M95 Barett sniper in BF2 is WAAAAAAAY more underpowered than I though!

I saw a program on Discovery on the top 10 best guns of all time, the M95 was #5, an guess what...

They use it to shoot down AIRPLANES and penetrate APCs from 2000m (6500 feet)!

If you shoot one bullet at the tracks of a tank it would become completely imobilized!

I seriously think EA just picked the wrong gun... it's just stupid the way it's used in the game...
Redding
+0|6659
It's a .50 cal sniper rifle. Upon hitting someone in-game they should fly 1/2 way across the map since there's no gore. You should be able to stop a Hummve dead in it's tracks, along with all the other mild-armor vehicles. A shot to the engine should knock a chopper out of the sky. Yet, it takes multiple hits to kill someone.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

And because it takes multiple hits to kill someone this topic as to rehashed again and again?

I think not.
-(F^S)-Fatty
+3|6696

Redding wrote:

It's a .50 cal sniper rifle. Upon hitting someone in-game they should fly 1/2 way across the map since there's no gore. You should be able to stop a Hummve dead in it's tracks, along with all the other mild-armor vehicles. A shot to the engine should knock a chopper out of the sky. Yet, it takes multiple hits to kill someone.
I understand that its 'underpowered' but if they change it so an m95 take out apc's and humvees it would totally unbalance the game. Should of had a non 50 cal be an unlock,
i like it thats just me though
oberst_enzian
+234|6713|melb.au
that's the real problem - not that it's underpowered, but that they decided to go with it instead of picking a more conventional rifle to base the unlock on. btw, m24 pwns all.
jonsass
+1|6732|Beastmanville, Skeletorland

oberst_enzian wrote:

that's the real problem - not that it's underpowered, but that they decided to go with it instead of picking a more conventional rifle to base the unlock on. btw, m24 pwns all.
Well, they wanted something that could penetrate cockpit glass I guess.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

polarbearz wrote:

And because it takes multiple hits to kill someone this topic as to rehashed again and again?

I think not.
Agreed, I'm getting REAL tired of you people starting this topic over, and over, and over. Learn the search, or just use some common fucking sense and realize that any oneshot weapon would be whored out worse than the GL is, so DUH.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard