{PAMD64}canuk
+0|6748
Is there a way to enable all unlocks in a LAN game or enable people to use their own unlocks in a lan game? My brother and i would like to play a lan game, but the uinlocks add more fun to it.
Sprinks
+0|6821
u have to be connected to the net and the lan at the same time.  Possible, just connect to ur account server, then make a lan game.  But if you mean w/o net and w/o connecting to account server then no.

Last edited by Sprinks (2006-01-07 00:26:59)

{PAMD64}canuk
+0|6748
Well, i know that you can enable players to use their unlocks with the deticated server, but i want bots. So i guess waht i am asking is if there is a way to use unlocks in single player. I know that when the game first came out you could edit one of the py files, but it doesn't seem to work anyomore.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6748|Debris From Space
No, because EA are evil and have no proper reason.
{PAMD64}canuk
+0|6748
oh well.
|2eeper
+1|6709
Locate the file "unlocks.py" located in <Drive Letter>Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\python\bf2\stats (or whereever you installed Battlefield 2, in the folders \python\bf2\stats), and open "unlocks.py" with Notepad.
(Before you open unlocks.py, you should make a backup of the file "unlocks.py" (just copy and paste the file) and rename the file to unlocks1.py)

Now you should see a whole bunch of codes. Press CTRL+F and find the word "defaultunlocks" (without the quotations).

this should highlight the line of code

defaultUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]

change all the "0"s to "1"s, so it looks like

defaultUnlocks = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]

and now press CTRL+S to save.

Note: this only works for single player, this trick works for multiplayer, however, EA Games will ban your CD-Key for a week if they discover you are using this for multiplayer. So just replace the unaltered backup file of "unlocks.py" for multiplayer and vice versa.

Not sure if it would work for a lan game or not. This only works with the original v1.0 of BF2

Last edited by |2eeper (2006-01-08 15:19:26)

FFOLKES
+39|6784

|2eeper wrote:

Locate the file "unlocks.py" located in <Drive Letter>Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\python\bf2\stats (or whereever you installed Battlefield 2, in the folders \python\bf2\stats), and open "unlocks.py" with Notepad.
(Before you open unlocks.py, you should make a backup of the file "unlocks.py" (just copy and paste the file) and rename the file to unlocks1.py)

Now you should see a whole bunch of codes. Press CTRL+F and find the word "defaultunlocks" (without the quotations).

this should highlight the line of code

defaultUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]

change all the "0"s to "1"s, so it looks like

defaultUnlocks = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]

and now press CTRL+S to save.

Note: this only works for single player, this trick works for multiplayer, however, EA Games will ban your CD-Key for a week if they discover you are using this for multiplayer. So just replace the unaltered backup file of "unlocks.py" for multiplayer and vice versa.

Not sure if it would work for a lan game or not. This only works with the original v1.0 of BF2
this does not work anymore since the last two patches.

Look here for my posts.

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattle … id=1805320

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard