Colfax
PR Only
+70|6645|United States - Illinois
I just got a 19" Wide Screen monitor and i was changing the resolution in all my games and when i cam to bf2 it would not let me run it.  I can't run bf2 at all.  Whats up here?  Do i need to do something?
claor
+39|6416|Australia
here you go mate.. you need to force it into widescreen mode
http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78473
goodluck
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6440|King Of The Islands

BF2 only kinda supports widescreen. It stretches the HUD, (maps, bars, text) but the 3D world (world, guns, sights) is actually true aspect.

So expect that. k?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Colfax
PR Only
i did exactly what it said at total bf2 but it loads then drops to desktop after login

Last edited by Colfax (2007-02-08 23:10:49)

swedge
+23|6460|haggis hill
this is what my bf2 shortcut looks like

"E:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900

just add the extra part on with the sizex and size y to whatever you want but ure monitor must b able to handle the resolution
agwood
+18|6641|I Fight for Bush !!
Exactly the same thing happened to me when I bought my new 24.....

what shit coding... changing a monitor stops the game from starting.. NOTHING ELSE changed..

I just deleted the entire mess.. and re-installed then used the command line arguments on the new shortcut.

I feel your pain man.

Last edited by agwood (2007-02-09 00:23:49)

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

My widescreen 20" isn't stretched at all.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-02-09 00:24:11)

MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6372|Pittsburgh, PA USA

Cheez wrote:

BF2 only kinda supports widescreen. It stretches the HUD, (maps, bars, text) but the 3D world (world, guns, sights) is actually true aspect.

So expect that. k?
shit I never knew that, I thought it just stretched everything a little bit.
...the things I learn reading threads I have no real reason to read
+1 to you sir.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6673

claor wrote:

here you go mate.. you need to force it into widescreen mode
http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78473
goodluck
Great, I just got a gateway 24' WS HD.  Thanks for the link!
cospengle
+140|6488|Armidale, NSW, Australia
Well I'm a bit disappointed. I'm getting a new machine next week with a wide screen monitor, and I was going to try BF2 in wide screen. But all it seems to achieve is cutting off the top and bottom. I was hoping to get a wider angle of view

Oh well, I'll probably use my CRT monitor most of the time anyway.
claor
+39|6416|Australia
Cospengle:no no no no no no no no....... widescreeen loooks gooooood and when  its forced.. it only cuts off like 1 mm... from bottom and top....... widescreeen is the thing....

Colfax:... i had the same problem at the start... don't change it on the video file  leave that as it is.. and change the icon thing.. so it reads "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900

copy and paste that into it exactly how it is with the quote marks.....
if your native resolution is higher .. simply replace the 1440 and 900 with the numbers you require...
you dont have to go into the video setting in the game cause it wont be there... a way to seee if it has worked is to scope in with the sniper ... if the circle is round when zoomed in it has worked.. try that
gooodluck

and if you have special forces change it in there to...... and if you have 2 icons for bf2 like the Online one and normal one change it in both them......
Colfax
PR Only

claor wrote:

Colfax:... i had the same problem at the start... don't change it on the video file  leave that as it is.. and change the icon thing.. so it reads "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900

copy and paste that into it exactly how it is with the quote marks.....
if your native resolution is higher .. simply replace the 1440 and 900 with the numbers you require...
you dont have to go into the video setting in the game cause it wont be there... a way to seee if it has worked is to scope in with the sniper ... if the circle is round when zoomed in it has worked.. try that
gooodluck

and if you have special forces change it in there to...... and if you have 2 icons for bf2 like the Online one and normal one change it in both them......
I did all that and it didn't work so i tried to put that 'rem' infront of the that line in the video folder.  That made it so i could log in but then it goes to loading and half way through it drops to desktop.

Can i hook my old monitor up and change it to wide screen on that and swithc it back or is there no wide screen option in the video settings.

FYI res=1440x900
all other games had no problems switching
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6643|Deep In The South Of Texas

Colfax wrote:

I did all that and it didn't work so i tried to put that 'rem' infront of the that line in the video folder.  That made it so i could log in but then it goes to loading and half way through it drops to desktop.

Can i hook my old monitor up and change it to wide screen on that and swithc it back or is there no wide screen option in the video settings.

FYI res=1440x900
all other games had no problems switching
As said before, there's no need to change anything in the Video.con file. Try deleting everything in your C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings\Profiles\Custom folder(this will undo all your settings, including controls), add the switch("C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900) to your desktop shortcut and run the game again. The new resolution won't show up in the game settings, and don't change it there either, as this will undo the shortcut switch.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

Colfax wrote:

There is NEVER a widescreen option in the video settings. Don't expect to find one there.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

Oh Hell!!!  Gonna get a widescreen now!...
Colfax
PR Only

Bertster7 wrote:

Colfax wrote:

There is NEVER a widescreen option in the video settings. Don't expect to find one there.
Steam has one.  For all its games and mods.
The Stillhouse Kid

Colfax wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Colfax wrote:

Steam has one.  For all its games and mods.
Sure, other games might, but BF2 won't. Ever. Many single player only games support WS, but with multiplayer there's the complaint that WS(with a correct FOV, no image cropping) gives an advantage over 4:3 users.
Colfax
PR Only
OK.

Questions The Stillhouse Kid if i delete my profile and re enter like you said.  When i go into video settings to change my other setup (terrain, lighting,...etc)  the resolution won't be there.  So when i go to apply it won't it apply w.e. resolution is selected above or will it say custom?
The Stillhouse Kid
It'll keep the resolution set by the shortcut switch.
Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK

Colfax wrote:

OK.

Questions The Stillhouse Kid if i delete my profile and re enter like you said.  When i go into video settings to change my other setup (terrain, lighting,...etc)  the resolution won't be there.  So when i go to apply it won't it apply w.e. resolution is selected above or will it say custom?
you only have to delete video.con and everything in My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache, not your keybinds (controls.con) or screenshots or anything like that.

bf2 will recreate defaults when you reload, and thats what you want.  once you are loaded using the szx and szy you can go back in and put it all the vid optipns back to high but dont mess with the resolution.
Colfax
PR Only
Well i got it to work kinda with The Stillhouse Kid 's method but when im resetting my controls it is really laggy when it wasnt before. (it was instant....now it takes about 10 secs+ or doesnt work at all)

tried your Mad Ad but its didnt work

Last edited by Colfax (2007-02-09 14:09:44)

Colfax
PR Only
Its fixed from what i can tell

i deleted video.con in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Daryl\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default
and
C:\Documents and Settings\Daryl\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0002

and switched the target
Nd4Spdr
Stuck in the Dirty Souf way too long...
+10|6713|ATL
Same thing happened to me when I went back to my 19" from the 61" it just didn't run. Gay. I went back to the 61" and it worked, then back to the 19" and then it worked... Stupid machines!
Marinejuana
local
+415|6586|Seattle
i just got a samsung 941bw 19 in widescreen for about $220. now i run dual monitors between that and my 740B.

i use the 740b for battlefield since its square and use the widescreen for multimedia/internet and my xfire convos.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-02-11 01:00:54)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard