Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6557|North Carolina

gun.KingRat wrote:

ATG wrote:

mr.hrundi wrote:

You should have lived in Germany 70 years ago. after reading through these forums for a while, I'm pretty sure you would have liked it there. I can only hope for you that you have blonde hair and blue eyes.
Sometimes was in bold.

I don't advocate doing anything to Muslims other than confinning them to an area where they are not a threat to me or my family.

As usmarine pointed out, the vast majority of Muslims do not blow themselves up; but they approve the tactic by subtle ways, and justify jihad, and the implementation of sharia.

Just not worth the risk or conflict.

I basically feel about the same towards radical christiian fundamentalist.

I catagorically disavow any suggestion of genocide against Muslims.

Notice I capitalized Muslim and not christian?
Yeah, you have to watch out for those Christians. Never know when the Salvation Army or the Red Cross are going to hijack another airplane.
...or when they blow up abortion clinics.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6888|Salt Lake City

Turquoise wrote:

On the one hand, Daniel Pipes is an extremist in his own right.

On the other hand, the behavior of these people seems to verify many of his assumptions.
I don't know anything about this guy.  Why would you say he was an extremist?  From what I saw he is quite a moderate.  The far right wouldn't want anything to do with negotiations or working with moderate Muslims and would just want to nuke or carpet bomb every muslim back to the middle ages, and the far left would be wanting to hug everything better.  I think his responses were rather to the point and accurate.

If you have something that shows him to be otherwise, I would appreciate any links you could provide.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6557|North Carolina

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

On the one hand, Daniel Pipes is an extremist in his own right.

On the other hand, the behavior of these people seems to verify many of his assumptions.
I don't know anything about this guy.  Why would you say he was an extremist?  From what I saw he is quite a moderate.  The far right wouldn't want anything to do with negotiations or working with moderate Muslims and would just want to nuke or carpet bomb every muslim back to the middle ages, and the far left would be wanting to hug everything better.  I think his responses were rather to the point and accurate.

If you have something that shows him to be otherwise, I would appreciate any links you could provide.
Perhaps extremist was a harsh word.  What I mean is...  he does things that... well, have a look...

He is the founder of Campus Watch.  This organization states that it is based on keeping intellectual discussions on college campuses as scholarly and rational as possible, but there is a lot of evidence to suggest that they just try to stifle any criticism of Israel or interventionist U.S. policy.

For example, "Pipes and Campus Watch were accused of attacking academic freedom in 2002 by publishing a list of academics critical of Israel and U.S. foreign policy."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Pipes

Here's the primary link that was used for that assessment: http://www.thenation.com/doc/20021125/mcneil

"Pipes' Middle East Forum sparked controversy in September 2002 when it established a website called Campus Watch that claimed to identify five problems in the teaching of Middle Eastern studies at American universities: "analytical failures, the mixing of politics with scholarship, intolerance of alternative views, apologetics, and the abuse of power over students". Students were encouraged to submit reports regarding teachers, books and curricula. The project was accused of "McCarthyesque intimidation" of professors who criticized Israel, when it published a "blacklist" of professors. In protest, more than 100 academics demanded to be listed as well. Campus Watch subsequently removed the list from their website."  Again from wikipedia....

Here are the primary links to support these accusations. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c … 227890.DTL

http://www.campus-watch.org/article/id/416

http://www.campus-watch.org/article/id/209

Basically, he's clever in spinning things because of how subtle he is.  He has a subtly Zionist streak about him that makes it hard to identify his prejudice.

Granted, I do agree with a number of his views.  Some of his ideas actually make sense, but to me, he has an agenda just like his opponents.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6803|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

How many of them portaryed Jesus as a murderer, and his followers as acting purely in furtherance of their own interest, whilst defying a long held tenet of Chrisianity?
Since when is calling a murderer a murderer "portraying"

http://www.islam-watch.org/AlamgirHussa … manity.htm
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6713
Court ordered executions are murder now?

And either way, it's portaying.  I could portray George Bush as president: it doesn't mean he isn't.

Last edited by Bubbalo (2007-02-07 21:45:40)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6827|Canberra, AUS
I seriously doubt that most muslims give two shits about jihad or all that crap.

Last edited by Spark (2007-02-07 22:13:58)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6803|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

Court ordered executions are murder now?

And either way, it's portaying.  I could portray George Bush as president: it doesn't mean he isn't.
The point being, as you damn well know.Muhammad WAS violent!. SO why is saying so an outrage?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6713
They didn't say he was violent.  They said he was a murderer.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6909|Argentina
Yeah, Islamophobia is not happening, my mistake.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6519|Columbus, Ohio

sergeriver wrote:

You are forgiven.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6909|Argentina
Just a thought marine.  Why don't you name your threads properly?  I mean, cmon, this one says "This is why the Liberal Media Fails".  How can anyone know what the hell the thread is about without reading it?  You should name the threads according to the information inside, not with your opinions about anything else.  If Iran builds a Toilet paper factory and they sell the paper to Israel you open a thread "Iran wants to wipe Israel".  No offense.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6519|Columbus, Ohio

sergeriver wrote:

Just a thought marine.  Why don't you name your threads properly?  I mean, cmon, this one says "This is why the Liberal Media Fails".  How can anyone know what the hell the thread is about without reading it?  You should name the threads according to the information inside, not with your opinions about anything else.  If Iran builds a Toilet paper factory and they sell the paper to Israel you open a thread "Iran wants to wipe Israel".  No offense.
That is the point serge...get people to actually read the thread.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6713
Yes, because usmarine's threads are too important to be ignored
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6519|Columbus, Ohio

Bubbalo wrote:

I try to attract derailing tools like yourself.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6814|USA

sergeriver wrote:

If Iran builds a Toilet paper factory and they sell the paper to Israel you open a thread "Iran wants to wipe Israel".
I lol'd.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6519|Columbus, Ohio

sergeriver wrote:

Not that I have any proof that the people in this video were under FBI survallence, or if the FBI is telling the truth, but I found this interesting.

"Hundreds gathered at a meeting last summer to angrily confront FBI officials after an agent's public comment, quickly contradicted by headquarters, that the bureau was "monitoring" Muslim student groups at the University of California at Irvine."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17037298/

Now why are they outraged that the FBI was (maybe) watching these groups after hearing what they say in this video?

And why aren't those same people speaking out against what they were saying now?

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2007-02-08 09:40:10)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6909|Argentina

usmarine2007 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Not that I have any proof that the people in this video were under FBI survallence, or if the FBI is telling the truth, but I found this interesting.

"Hundreds gathered at a meeting last summer to angrily confront FBI officials after an agent's public comment, quickly contradicted by headquarters, that the bureau was "monitoring" Muslim student groups at the University of California at Irvine."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17037298/

Now why are they outraged that the FBI was (maybe) watching these groups after hearing what they say in this video?

And why aren't those same people speaking out against what they were saying now?
Many Muslisms are brainwashed by their media, like many people in the West are brainwashed by western media.  That doesn't make those Muslims extremists, does it?  Having the wrong view doesn't make them extremists.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6519|Columbus, Ohio

sergeriver wrote:

Many Muslisms are brainwashed by their media, like many people in the West are brainwashed by western media.  That doesn't make those Muslims extremists, does it?  Having the wrong view doesn't make them extremists.
Not speaking out against, or using supporting statements of the extremists actions ("anit-Isreal") is just as bad IMO.  I speak out against the poor excuse for a soldier who killed that family.  If I did not speak out against it, or supported it, I would hope people would accuse me being an animal.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6803|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

LOL, bubbalo looking down from his imaginary perch again

The problems are never you bubbalo, it is those that shred your posts to pieces with reality and logic that is the trouble..
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6739|sWEEDen
Last call for train leaving for Amarillo....get your ticktes....

nice de-railing huh?

Liberal media worldwide or just liberal american media? I like to think in Sweden it´s kinda balanced..
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6713

usmarine2007 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

So, basically you're afraid of participating in serious discussion?  Is that because you know you aren't up to it?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6803|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

So, basically you're afraid of participating in serious discussion?  Is that because you know you aren't up to it?
I swear bubbalo, you sure do hold yourself up on a pretty high pedistal. No wonder you fall so hard when a conservative is done with you.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6519|Columbus, Ohio

Bubbalo wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

You have serious discussions?  Most of your posts are personal attacks or nothing to do with the topic in the first place.  GG.  Yay for you!

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2007-02-11 06:00:16)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6713
Because you never personally attack anyone?

But fine, I'm sorry for taking off course a discussion which clearly wasn't an attack on anything.  I'll not post in this thread further.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard