TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6682|Colorado
The ai in the demo seems pre-patched as they have ones now {in the beta}that will turtle or be offensive or a little of both, the campain was long & fun for just 2 missions!
KiLLMasTer
+3|6791|West Va (USA)
I can't wait to get my hands on this game.....
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6577|NYC / Hamburg

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Filefront is the best. No harassing you to create an account, its free, and download speeds are the best.

Edit: 600 kbps. Takes half an hour.
nope, torrents are best. i was downloading @ 7MB/s and it was finished in no time
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

Takes forever to defeat single missions...but then, I enjoy teching up. My computer slows down towards the maximum allotment of units. Reminds me of my Athlon XP with Generals.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-02-08 01:43:05)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK
Unnamed that was what made it fun, the length of the mission and the way they kept expanding with new objectives. I hate games that are quick to win.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Takes forever to defeat single missions...but then, I enjoy teching up. My computer slows down towards the maximum allotment of units. Reminds me of my Athlon XP with Generals.

Vilham wrote:

Unnamed that was what made it fun, the length of the mission and the way they kept expanding with new objectives. I hate games that are quick to win.
I know. I wasn't complaining about it. Know of a workable counter for artillery? I found later in the skirmish mode that the opponent shot something that exploded in blue crap that ignored shields and decimated T3 structures. Unlike other games, where I can camp around at leisure, it forced me to move in all 40 of my battleships. As everything was revealed by radar (but not line of site), I got to sit down to a nice show of white dots vanishing under a merciless barrage of yellow dots.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK
lol. Love massing them. Yesterday i attacked the computer on hard with 2 spiders, 1 ripper and 50 t3 assult bots .

There is no counter to arty, thats why the exp art and the t3 art are so good, they have to come attack you to stop you.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

Vilham wrote:

lol. Love massing them. Yesterday i attacked the computer on hard with 2 spiders, 1 ripper and 50 t3 assult bots .

There is no counter to arty, thats why the exp art and the t3 art are so good, they have to come attack you to stop you.
Wish there was a way to make the enemy commander invulnerable so I can just drop nuke after nuke on his stuff without ending the game.

But yeah...the artillery. Makes Warhammer IG arty look like melee machines.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-02-09 03:18:34)

JimmyBotswana
+82|6595|Montreal
Just played it, and I really was not all that impressed. The graphics look five years old, the units movement is hard to predict and they don't respond too quickly to your commands, like being commander in bf really. A pretty crappy next-gen RTS imho
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK
WTF! Get out!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6682|Colorado

JimmyBotswana wrote:

Just played it, and I really was not all that impressed. The graphics look five years old, the units movement is hard to predict and they don't respond too quickly to your commands, like being commander in bf really. A pretty crappy next-gen RTS imho
You are entitled to your opinion but I beg to differ, as I have all the settings on low & its still wonderful.
On high with my crappy card{6600} it looks amazing, I've seen it run on dual core & it's breathtaking.
The unit movement has been tweaked , the beta is an old patch so don't let that deter you.
This will define RTS games for the next decade.
As a warning dual cores are what you need to really run this game with everything going on & 1000's of units with individual commands, but with my p4 2.53ghz I can still enjoy the smaller maps without much slow down.
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6776|Arizona
Oh...reminds me of my good ol days with TA...    Good times.
MagiCandy
+18|6663
The UEF tech 4 arty is a beast if you can finish building it
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK
You mean Experimental? If so i concur it does own. Needs 8k power a shot though. Just a question but did you use the file change to change the team you played in the skirmish, im thinking of doing that myself.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6458

Just downloaded the demo, its pretty good...but I am a NOOOOB at these games inc COH. FFS they are so hard!!!! I hate it when u run out of energy!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK
Lol.

Tier 1 build 2 rows of 5 power plants that gives 200 power, enough till you tech up, there should also be a power point on the land somewhere too.
Tier 2 build t2 power plants, gives 200 power i think, get 2 or 3 of them, allows you to upgrade all your stuff like radar and build up plenty of t2 turrets.
Tier 3 build t3 power plants give 2000 power and then build t3 mass fabricators next to them, thus reducing its power usage, build a little grid like that.

Problem solved.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

Haha, I have a problem with RTS games. I really really like them.

But I'm absolutely pathetic at playing them. Lol...

Got the demo on the way, looks good.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6613|Philadelphia, PA
I need some help with the game. The problem is, I have no idea how to upgrade my buildings. The only thing I have been able to upgrade is the land factories. Could someone please help. Any help would be appreciated.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK
Mass extracts, Factories, Radar and Sonar can all be upgraded. All you do is click on them, select the appropriate icon, for mass extractors, radar and sonar there is only one icon in the build option, for factories the icon is of that building, once clicked they will start upgrading as if they were building. Simple.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6646|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Never heard of it, looks great but im sticking with C&C
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

JimmyBotswana wrote:

I suspect that your computer has something to do with the sluggish UI response. As for graphics, the maps are enormous, and the particle effects are superb for the genre. My only complaint is that so much of the UI obstructs the view, but that can probably be turned off, just like in Warhammer.
MagiCandy
+18|6663

Vilham wrote:

You mean Experimental? If so i concur it does own. Needs 8k power a shot though. Just a question but did you use the file change to change the team you played in the skirmish, im thinking of doing that myself.
Nah, just from playing the beta for along time. Yea its the experimental arty, the mavor. The barrel of the thing is insanely long and it recoils back down after each shot. It looks cool

Another neat trick if you didd'nt know yet is that you can set up transports to work on a ferry route. First you sent  the pick up point(i have the factory build straight to the ferry point). Then (while holding shift) click the point you want the transport to drop off people. It makes getting troops to the front easier.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6682|Colorado

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

JimmyBotswana wrote:

I suspect that your computer has something to do with the sluggish UI response. As for graphics, the maps are enormous, and the particle effects are superb for the genre. My only complaint is that so much of the UI obstructs the view, but that can probably be turned off, just like in Warhammer.
I used to think the same about the UI but the zoom cured me of that.
MagiCandy
+18|6663
I was messing around with the dual screen mode for it and having one monitor dedicated to the map is very usefull.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK
Just had a nother little game on hard. Decided to let the enemy build up aslong as they liked. ie tech 3 and exp. I built up a small main base and then built up the islands with power and mass, as they never attack those islands. Built up a t3 navy, couple battleships and stuff. owned the sea, built up shields and mass defences... then the cunts came at me!

Sent one spider up north tore through me, attacked it with all my patrolling stuff, it managed to get nearly inside my base and took down those 4 start mass points and 2 t3 air factories, then the idiot went in range of my navy, boy did they fuck him up. I finished my ripper just as the used another spider to rip apart my south defence took him on and he only destroyed one power plant. Built up a spider of my own and moved the navy to dominate the middle of the battlefield, then randomly they sent a spider bot to take on my navy, safe to say he got fucking owned, laser doesnt work underwater... lol, then i thought fuck this and went in. 50t3 bots, 3 those walking ships, 4 battleships, 1 spider and 1 ripper. lol... fucking ownage, they had 2 more spiders in the base i wooped and were building a ripper i stopped. Only lost half my t3 bots and 2 walking ships. was great game, cant wait for tomorrow.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard