kiteboarderni
+62|6687
any got this and can show me any game play movies or something? would i be better getting quake 3?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

You'd be better getting UT2004 or UT2007 (now UT3, so I hear). I haven't played much Q4 multiplayer, but I can tell you that Quake Wars would be a better bet if that's what you want. Q4 had decent single player until around the end of the game when, like Halo, the developers got lazy and began to massively clone maps. To spice it up, I stuck a console command on a shortcut key that generates allied soldiers, and used it selectively. I had a movie lying around awhile back, but I can't seem to find it. You'll probably find something similar on Youtube. It's of your character being partially dismembered and refitted with Strogg parts.

If you see this game lying around for $20, might be worth it. Any higher...nah.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-02-07 13:31:59)

kiteboarderni
+62|6687
10 GBP at local store
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6538
Unlike Quake 3. Quake 4 is better in single player. The single player campaign is pretty awesome. It isnt the Arena format game in single player but rather a sequel to Quake 2 in which the lone marine killed the Makron and you play another marine fighting on Stroggos and discover a lot of things about the Strogg.

I definetly would recommend you pick it up for a good single player game.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

ShadowFoX wrote:

Unlike Quake 3. Quake 4 is better in single player. The single player campaign is pretty awesome. It isnt the Arena format game in single player but rather a sequel to Quake 2 in which the lone marine killed the Makron and you play another marine fighting on Stroggos and discover a lot of things about the Strogg.

I definetly would recommend you pick it up for a good single player game.
Though for some reason, it wasn't nearly as cool as Quake 2 was when I first went through it. Q2's radio chatter intro was genius.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-02-07 14:09:16)

MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6665|San Francisco, CA
Quake 4 sucked and still sucks. The game is over-rated to hell and back again. The multiplayer sucks equally. It's just a repackaged Q3A. Q4's campaign is just so..mind-numbingly dull and boring and lacks any real fun in it, unless you're a ten year old who's just discovering violence in video games.

There really isn't any challenge while playing the campaign at all. You know a game is bad when you can literally just run and gun. Without having to stop to take cover or some crap. The only way to "get a challenge" is play it on the hard difficulty and then you can hide behind cover, but even then it's still easy. I only found myself using the assault rifle and the shotty. The other guns did crap. Including the "Black Hole" whatever (BFG)

So what I'm basically saying is..it sucks and find another way without having to shell out cash because Q4 really didn't deserve any money at all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard