Specs
-------------

nvidia 8800 GTX
Intel Core2 Duo E6600 2.4ghz
2Gb RAM

-------------
Problem
-------------

Whenever I am playing I get around 90 - 200 FPS, when I turn fraps on recording it goes down to about 30-40 FPS. My Fraps is set to record at 100 fps, full screen and no sound..

-------------

+1 and a big thanks if anyone can help me with this problem.

Cheers,
Wa|kah^
Brasso
+1,549|6671

It's the FPS.  Sound won't hinder you, record in half-size or lower your FPS.  The human eye can't even see over ~70 FPS.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
reefl3x
+72|6443|United States
30-40FPS is pretty good. See you have to look at it from a 3rd person perspective.
30-40FPS in-game to you is noticable over 100FPS or higher, but once your videos done & it's uploaded on a website like Youtube or Google, the person watching it will have a difficult time distinguishing between 40FPS & 100FPS. Not to mention the compression of a video usually drops the visual quality as well as the actual upload to the website, thus further lessening the noticable difference in FPS. Even if your video is downloaded the difference between 40FPS & 100FPS wont be very noticable. Since the average person is more concentrated on whats going on in the video, and less concentrated on what the FPS is.

So in-game 40FPS is signifigantly different than 100FPS, but when a person is watching a video, 40FPS and 100FPS arent much different.

To give a better example. If you watch a video on a website such as gametrailers.com, and that videos at 40FPS, then watch that same video only at 100FPS....I guarentee you the different will be small if any at all. It's just the human brain seems to react different to FPS when watching videos, in comparison to the way we act like FPS hungry monsters while actually playing the game.

I could understand if it was 10FPS, then you'd have a problem, but 40FPS is great....30FPS is fine as well.

Just trust me on this...your video will be fine at 30-40FPS...It's the quality of whats in the video that people will want to look at.
Wa|kah^
imm0rtal.
+2|6355
reeflex that is fairly obvious, but, with my specs I should record at a higgher framearte which therefore allows me to play far better.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6623|MANCHESTERRR
it should give u an option, like 30-40-50 or 60 fps to fun at while recording. You probably already know that.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6793|Toronto, ON
Better HD.  I get 60 fps capped from FRAPS with RAID setup.
Alpha as fuck.
reefl3x
+72|6443|United States
What size servers are you trying to record on?
Try recording your video on 32 man servers, and maybe you'll get a nice FPS boost.
64 man really drains the CPU.
Wa|kah^
imm0rtal.
+2|6355
32 man server yes, but I dom't really want pub videos. I use it in matches and stuff so you can sort of see why I want to get a better fps than I have. 60 fps is fine, but it just refuses to.

Nyte, please expand on your above point.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6541|so randum

Wa|kah^ wrote:

reeflex that is fairly obvious, but, with my specs I should record at a higgher framearte which therefore allows me to play far better.
FPS over 30 dusnt hinder your ability, only you hinder your ability
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Brasso
+1,549|6671

Wa|kah^ wrote:

32 man server yes, but I dom't really want pub videos. I use it in matches and stuff so you can sort of see why I want to get a better fps than I have. 60 fps is fine, but it just refuses to.

Nyte, please expand on your above point.
He's talking about his hard drive, although I seriously doubt that would make much of a difference.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6330|Pacific NW, USA
i have the same problem.
Wa|kah^
imm0rtal.
+2|6355

fatherted13 wrote:

Wa|kah^ wrote:

FPS over 30 dusnt hinder your ability, only you hinder your ability
Tbh playing with 30fps and playing with over 70fps has its differences. I am simply saying that I play better with a higher fps as I get smoother gameplay and therefore better hitreg.
reefl3x
+72|6443|United States
I just ran FRAPS last night in a 44 man server. Server had about 40/44 players in it. Map was Songhua Stalemate.

All Medium 2x AA 1024x768

FRAPS Settings-
Record Sound OFF
Half Screen
60FPS

During recording, which lasted just over 3:00, my FPS not once dropped under 50, and in fact hovered in and out of 59 & 60FPS most of the time. This was probably due to the fact that I used "half screen" & not "full screen".

My System Specs-
x800GTO 256MB
1GB DDR400
AMD 64 2800+ skt754

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard