fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6502|Menlo Park, CA
I got this off of the Drudge report today. . .

The liberal media loves to bash O'Reilly yet he continues to whip out his rating bat and belt his competition!!

This numbers must be altered. . . there is just no way a conservative leaning host is leading America during primetime news. . . .Has to be that right wing conspiracy Hillary(<---------idiot) keeps talking about!

btw I love how Olberman is Bill's biggest hater, and he's 3rd from the bottom. . . .lol F U Keith! Would that make him worse, Nancy grace worser, and Paula Zahn worst??

CABLE NEWS RACE
MONDAY, FEB 5, 2007
VIEWERS

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2,579,000
FNC HANNITY/COLMES 1,852,000
FNC GRETA 1,572,000
FNC SHEP SMITH 1,390,000
FNC HUME 1,297,000
CNN DOBBS 818,000
CNN BLITZER 675,000
CNN COOPER 636,000
CNN KING 624,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 610,000
CNNHN GRACE 476,000
CNN ZAHN 451,000
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

It has been like that for a very long time.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6779
ratings mean fuck all.

Friends was one of the highest rating shows of all time and it is a pile of shite
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6502|Menlo Park, CA
I had no idea he beat that much ass though. . .

Honestly, his next close competition is from his own network!! And they are on directly after his program!!!

I just had no clue he was that big of a juggernaut. . . I am usually at work, so I dont watch those shows when they are on. . .I generally catch the rebroadcasts
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

fadedsteve wrote:

The liberal media loves to bash O'Reilly yet he continues to whip out his rating bat and belt his competition!!

This numbers must be altered. . . there is just no way a conservative leaning host is leading America during primetime news. . . .Has to be that right wing conspiracy Hillary(<---------idiot) keeps talking about!

btw I love how Olberman is Bill's biggest hater, and he's 3rd from the bottom. . . .lol F U Keith! Would that make him worse, Nancy grace worser, and Paula Zahn worst??

CABLE NEWS RACE
MONDAY, FEB 5, 2007
VIEWERS

FNC GRETA 1,572,000
FNC SHEP SMITH 1,390,000
FNC HUME 1,297,000
CNN DOBBS 818,000
CNN BLITZER 675,000
CNN COOPER 636,000
CNN KING 624,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 610,000
CNNHN GRACE 476,000
CNN ZAHN 451,000
That's because all of the liberals watch him too you idiot. I know for one that whenever I have access to FOX I stick him on to see what pathetic drivel comes out of his mouth. Someone so retarded, divisive and controversial is bound to draw viewers.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-02-07 01:42:26)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

^^ I was going to say that as well. They watch him for controversy/content to use and constantly reference him on their shows.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6502|Menlo Park, CA

CameronPoe wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

CABLE NEWS RACE
MONDAY, FEB 5, 2007
VIEWERS

FNC GRETA 1,572,000
FNC SHEP SMITH 1,390,000
FNC HUME 1,297,000
CNN DOBBS 818,000
CNN BLITZER 675,000
CNN COOPER 636,000
CNN KING 624,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 610,000
CNNHN GRACE 476,000
CNN ZAHN 451,000
That's because all of the liberals watch him too you idiot. I know for one that whenever I have access to FOX I stick him on to see what pathetic drivel comes out of his mouth. Someone so retarded, divisive and controversial is bound to draw viewers.
First of all I am not an idiot. . .

Second, of all. . . .Whenever Bill Clinton talked on television I avoided him like the plague!!! Why would you watch someone you cannot stand to see?? I dont watch "The View" not because I hate all the women on the show, but more importantly Rosie O'Fathead in on it blathering away.  Regarless, I doubt half his viewers are liberals, I doubt that very much. . . .

Bill is not retarded at all, he is smart as hell! You claim that he is "controversial, divisive" give me a fucking break. . . .he is conservative and doens't buy/calls out liberal bullshit P E R I O D! The liberals like yourself cant stand that, so you brand him. . . .very childish!

I am not saying I am Bill's biggest fan. . . However, I think he knows what he is doing, and that bothers the mainstream liberal media immensely!!!  I mean the most popular news people on radio and tv are Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly both conservative anchors. . . . I just find that deliciously ironic
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

fadedsteve wrote:

I mean the most popular news people on radio and tv are Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly both conservative anchors. . . . I just find that deliciously ironic
It's Limbaugh, Hannity, and Glenn Beck on top of Talk Radio.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
JahManRed
wank
+646|6639|IRELAND

I wouldn't doubt that so many people watch that propaganda. Bush got voted in twice after all.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6572
Yes, the fact that lots of people watch him clearly proves that he is uber1337

fadedsteve wrote:

I mean the most popular news people on radio and tv are Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly both conservative anchors. . . . I just find that deliciously ironic
How is that ironic?

Last edited by Bubbalo (2007-02-07 02:35:30)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

fadedsteve wrote:

Second, of all. . . .Whenever Bill Clinton talked on television I avoided him like the plague!!! Why would you watch someone you cannot stand to see?? I dont watch "The View" not because I hate all the women on the show, but more importantly Rosie O'Fathead in on it blathering away.  Regarless, I doubt half his viewers are liberals, I doubt that very much. . . .

Bill is not retarded at all, he is smart as hell! You claim that he is "controversial, divisive" give me a fucking break. . . .he is conservative and doens't buy/calls out liberal bullshit P E R I O D! The liberals like yourself cant stand that, so you brand him. . . .very childish!

I am not saying I am Bill's biggest fan. . . However, I think he knows what he is doing, and that bothers the mainstream liberal media immensely!!!  I mean the most popular news people on radio and tv are Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly both conservative anchors. . . . I just find that deliciously ironic
So you only watch things you like? Sounds very closed-minded. I watch EVERY side of the story, there is a perverse pleasure in having my blood boil on hearing his nonsense.  Most Europeans aren't content with just hearing one side of the story - maybe that's part of the problem in America right now.

PS If his viewpoint is so popular then why do the Dems control both the house and senate.... votes > ratings.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-02-07 02:42:02)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

You know he talks about many non partisan issues.

People want to hear about the judges who sentence child molesters to probation.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,244631,00.html

The exploitation of the abducted 15 year old who appeared on Oprah immediately after being freed.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,244890,00.html

Complete Breakdown of the Judicial and Immigration Systems
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,242540,00.html

Those aren't only "right" views.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6502|Menlo Park, CA

CameronPoe wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

So you only watch things you like? Sounds very closed-minded. I watch EVERY side of the story, there is a perverse pleasure in having my blood boil on hearing his nonsense.  Most Europeans aren't content with just hearing one side of the story - maybe that's part of the problem in America right now.

PS If his viewpoint is so popular then why do the Dems control both the house and senate.... votes > ratings.
I see both sides, I know EXACTLEY what the "other" side is up to!! I dont need to watch Chris Matthews to hear the liberal diatribe. . .

In regards to the Congress, I think people were indeed upset at how the war was progressing.  Our media fails to see any good in anything so they doomed and gloomed everyone.  I wasnt surprised to see the House go, but I was surprised at the Senate.  If anything this puts more pressure on the Democrats! They have to ACTUALLY do something! Hey what a concept! They basically won due to relentless Bush bashing, no plan, just bashing, and the average American bought it!  I mean our society isnt politically savvy, when half our youth gets their news from Stewart or Colbert, we have a problem. . . .

Dems may have won congress, but they are a far cry away from winning any semblance of the White House!! They are gonna run Hillary cause its like re-electing Bill, and she is gonna get HAMMERED by not only her own party, but by the Republicans.  The GOP doesnt have lame duck candidates either, McCain has every bit of a shot to win, and so does Guiliani.  08' is gonna be crazy!! The Dems are gonna beat each other to a pulp!!! Obama and Hilary, Edwards, etc etc are just gonna run bigtime smear campaigns, it will be fun to watch that is for sure! But scary if any of them get elected, I might just have to move to Australia for a few years and get a work visa, cause I dont want to be here when Billery starts running the show!!!
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6530|Πάϊ

fadedsteve wrote:

Second, of all. . . .Whenever Bill Clinton talked on television I avoided him like the plague!!! Why would you watch someone you cannot stand to see??
Although I hate Bill Clinton, I must say... How can you make your mind up about something when you don't know what both sides advocate? Sadly this shows how one-sided you are... labeling people and all that. In this case btw, if you ever took the time to hear what Bill has to say you'd find he's not that different from the people you voted for.
ƒ³
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6378|Columbus, Ohio
Liberals fail at delivering their message.  You can keep saying "zomg it's because liberals watch Fox also" bullshit, but deep down you know it is not true.

BTW, I watch Keith at 8, not O'Rly.
Shopvac
If it doesn't say shop-vac keep shopping!
+25|6551|Grand Rapids, MI
Any one who wants to (with all due respect) lick the nuts of conservative media personalities can go right ahead. As for me, I have a hard time stomaching people who just make shit up all the time. I thought Olberman hit it on the head last night when he called out "Mr. O'" about his comments about the Hornback kid "liking to some degree" the fact that he was being abused, and sexually assaulted. There can be no level of respect for comments like that.

But that's not the problem. EVERYONE says something truly asinine at least once a day. The really bad thing is when you believe that one side is always right, and one side is always wrong. When this happens, we loose the ability to pick out the good from the bad.

Ratings mean nothing as it relates to truth. Paris Hilton is popular, that doesn't make her right, or worthy of our adulation. Same is true for the left and the right. Please stay objective.

P.S. I really meant nothing by the licking nuts comment, I meant it in an affectionate non-sexual way!
herrr_smity
+156|6639|space command ur anus
Chappy556
+14|6711
I'm a member of the vast right-wing conspiracy and I think O'Reilly is a douche

he lost me when he tried very unsucessfully to schtup one of his interns...at the same time he was releasing his stupid little kid book.

I'd rather give myself an eyewash with tobasco than watch the leprechaun
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

Shopvac wrote:

Any one who wants to (with all due respect) lick the nuts of conservative media personalities can go right ahead. As for me, I have a hard time stomaching people who just make shit up all the time. I thought Olberman hit it on the head last night when he called out "Mr. O'" about his comments about the Hornback kid "liking to some degree" the fact that he was being abused, and sexually assaulted. There can be no level of respect for comments like that.

But that's not the problem. EVERYONE says something truly asinine at least once a day. The really bad thing is when you believe that one side is always right, and one side is always wrong. When this happens, we loose the ability to pick out the good from the bad.

Ratings mean nothing as it relates to truth. Paris Hilton is popular, that doesn't make her right, or worthy of our adulation. Same is true for the left and the right. Please stay objective.

P.S. I really meant nothing by the licking nuts comment, I meant it in an affectionate non-sexual way!
Listening to the message from both sides is very respectable. Some can not muster up the energy to be able to watch the opposing sides argument without getting emotionally involved and staying non objective. It is the pre-determined idea that you believe someone is making stuff up even though Bill O'reily is not a journalist. He never turns down an interview and always give the other side the last word. He for the most part is very one sided but he tells you this right up front. He is not trying to hide his agenda which is what propaganda does when it is trying to manipulate the intended person.

Comparing a cable news channel to Paris Hilton is laughable at least. They sell very different products and in O'reilys case it is political opinion. So disagree with him all you want but these numbers demonstrate the bottom line for him, his viewers, whether you agree with him or not.

I watch news and editorials from every side no matter how hard it is to "stomach". That is the only way you can take in the entire picture. Anything else only reduces a persons mental capacity to place a persons views into context.

I by no means am hear preaching for everyone to watch him, but don't criticize people who are open minded enough to listen to as many different sides as possible.

Finally, I never heard the comment about Hornback you are referring to. But I have seen this.

Cutting through all the nonsense, the bottom line on this story is that Shawn Hornbeck fell victim to evil — pure evil. And every American parent should use this case to instruct their children on how to confront evil because sooner or later they will have to. Simplistic stuff like Stockholm Syndrome and the like get us nowhere.

There are a lot of unanswered questions in this case that are important. But two things override all of them:

First, Shawn Hornbeck is a victim. And he should be helped in every way possible.

And second, American children must be prepared to fight against frightening things — prepared to fight against them. And they must be warned those things are real.

All the other nonsense can walk as far as I'm concerned. Society must deal harshly with these predators — are you listening Vermont? And parents must aggressively educate their kids regarding the true dangers of the world, because nobody else will.

And that's The Memo.- Bill O'Reilly

If you were able to "stomach" Bill O'Reilly then you could verify this but instead you are forced to believe it because somone told you so. So who is being spoon fed their opinions?

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-02-07 07:40:37)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Chappy556
+14|6711
Olberman's a douche too..glad he's not espn anymore
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6540|Global Command

CameronPoe wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

CABLE NEWS RACE
MONDAY, FEB 5, 2007
VIEWERS

FNC GRETA 1,572,000
FNC SHEP SMITH 1,390,000
FNC HUME 1,297,000
CNN DOBBS 818,000
CNN BLITZER 675,000
CNN COOPER 636,000
CNN KING 624,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 610,000
CNNHN GRACE 476,000
CNN ZAHN 451,000
Jesus dude, he's a pussy cat.
He's a middle of the roader, not really much of a conservative.
Shopvac
Bill is anything but objective. I would say that most respected agents of the left are unwilling to go on his program, thus he's left with a 6th grade teacher from Falls Park Idaho to try and defend the actions of the entire National Teachers' Union. Then these lesser prepared representatives are sent in to debate the A-team form the right.

That is not fair and balanced, and it is propaganda. Screaming and yelling at people does not denote objectivity, and furthermore, it is not journalism. I watch and listen to the right, and I watch  and listen to the left. What I do refuse to do is listen to the craziest parts of both sides. The only people who are on my permanent scratch list are Michael Savage, and Ann Colter. They are so far past the realm of reality that I feel like I need to take a shower after I hear them. Bill isn't on my permanent list, but he needs to retract his most recent statement about Hornback (please click on the link).

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17015638/

As far as the Hilton comment, I wasn't calling her respectable, I was mealy denoting that popularity has little to do with truth, honesty, public service, or value. It has everything to do with sensationalism. Thus popularity is a poor measure of any public service or value of any of the media personalities listed. They're all just trying to make a buck.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

Shopvac wrote:

Bill is anything but objective. I would say that most respected agents of the left are unwilling to go on his program, thus he's left with a 6th grade teacher from Falls Park Idaho to try and defend the actions of the entire National Teachers' Union. Then these lesser prepared representatives are sent in to debate the A-team form the right.

That is not fair and balanced, and it is propaganda. Screaming and yelling at people does not denote objectivity, and furthermore, it is not journalism. I watch and listen to the right, and I watch  and listen to the left. What I do refuse to do is listen to the craziest parts of both sides. The only people who are on my permanent scratch list are Michael Savage, and Ann Colter. They are so far past the realm of reality that I feel like I need to take a shower after I hear them. Bill isn't on my permanent list, but he needs to retract his most recent statement about Hornback (please click on the link).

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17015638/

As far as the Hilton comment, I wasn't calling her respectable, I was mealy denoting that popularity has little to do with truth, honesty, public service, or value. It has everything to do with sensationalism. Thus popularity is a poor measure of any public service or value of any of the media personalities listed. They're all just trying to make a buck.
Everyone on TV is just trying to make a buck. Does that mean we don't turn it on? Again Bill does not pretend to be objective, there in no deceit in that. As I said before he never claims to be a journalist, so I don't know why you continue to point that out. That is the difference between sharing an opinion and propaganda. Unlike Olberman who refuses to admit he is liberal (I mean C'mon).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6707|NJ
I see both sides, I know EXACTLEY what the "other" side is up to!! I dont need to watch Chris Matthews to hear the liberal diatribe. . .

That's my favorite line ever from Faddedsteve. So how excatly do you know what the liberal side is up to?

In regards to the Congress, I think people were indeed upset at how the war was progressing.  Our media fails to see any good in anything so they doomed and gloomed everyone.  I wasnt surprised to see the House go, but I was surprised at the Senate.  If anything this puts more pressure on the Democrats! They have to ACTUALLY do something! Hey what a concept! They basically won due to relentless Bush bashing, no plan, just bashing, and the average American bought it!  I mean our society isnt politically savvy, when half our youth gets their news from Stewart or Colbert, we have a problem. . . .

Where is the good in the war? Where's the plan? People voted the Dem's into power because the republicans aren't doing anything. Our society isn't politically savvy because it's been rep. controled for so long hopefully this change in congress with bring along a stronger third party...
Shopvac
Here's my point . . . Freedom of the press was instituted so that the press could fulfill it's watchdog role without the danger of being thrown in jail.

Obvious I know.

As I interpret this freedom I submit that the press is an organized institution meant to safeguard the rights of the people. In other words, the media is responsible for delineating information about the actions of the government so that we as citizens may hold them accountable in the next round of elections if not sooner.

While Olberman often goes too far, and undoubtedly takes liberties in his "telling of the story" I find his brand of journalism less offensive. The reason is that he is taking the position of questioning the policies and decisions of our administration. While on the other hand, O'Riley is trying to strong arm his viewers into agreeing with him. He does this by saying that only idiots would disagree with his point of view. The problem with this is that O'Riley often borrows the talking points of the administration and its larger political party as his televised platform. He is a second press secretary who goes out to defend the administration every week night. This is not the job of the press, and it is in fact an insult to the pioneers of televised news like W. Cronkite.

That's the problem I have.

Last thing. I'm pretty sure Olberman doesn't refuse to show his political leanings. I know that none of them are supposed to say what their convictions are in an attempt to appear more independent. Even O'Riley calls himself such. Again, it's a very thin mask.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard