Rubix-Cubes
+123|6657|UK
Hi lads, i was on TS last night with a few mates and we got to talking about northern strike, and one of the guys says its going to cost about £15, thats about $30... if this is true, i think its a little steap, does anyone have any idea if this is true

SORRY ADMINS DIDNT KNOW WHERE TO POSt

Last edited by Rubix-Cubes (2007-02-07 00:55:22)

Sambuccashake
+126|6612|Sweden
According to a DICE employee (who hangs out at bf2142.se) the retail price will be the same as the BF2 booster packs.
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

well on amazon.de you can preorder it for 9.85€. I doubt it will cost that much higher in UK/US.

Amazon link
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
You can pre-order it from HMV.co.uk for £17.99 and I think they're dillusional if they think people will pay that for a booster pack. If it's on Amazon.de for under 10€ then I can't see it costing any more than the BF2 booster packs, ie. £6 or $10.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6657|UK

Sambuccashake wrote:

According to a DICE employee (who hangs out at bf2142.se) the retail price will be the same as the BF2 booster packs.
i bought my euro, and the s/f expansions for £5.99 each, if its the same as that then il prob buy it

Last edited by Rubix-Cubes (2007-02-07 05:00:03)

DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
If it's £10 I will still buy it as it does give you slightly more for your money than the BF2 EF and AF booster packs gave you in that it has 3 new mpas and new vehicles a la AF/EF, but it also gives you new tools and weapons which will be usable throughout both NS and vanilla 2142 maps which EF/AF didn't.

I wonder if the HMV preorder is a typo and it should be £7.99?
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6657|UK

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

You can pre-order it from HMV.co.uk for £17.99 and I think they're dillusional if they think people will pay that for a booster pack. If it's on Amazon.de for under 10€ then I can't see it costing any more than the BF2 booster packs, ie. £6 or $10.
yer thats what i was told, i mean i would buy it, IF it had a a single player mission type game, like the medal of Honor titles, but if your just paying for a few extra maps (3 i believe) and a few unlocks, how the hell can they justify it. i mean euro forces went down like a sack of shit didn't it ?
gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6674|The Real World

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

Sambuccashake wrote:

i bought my euro, and the s/f expansions for £5.99 each, if its the same as that then il prob buy it
SF was £19.99 when released on disk. If Northern Strike is supplied on disk in the shops I think £17.99 is probably about right.

Would be nice if it was available on disk and cheaper via EA Link
Slickfish
+24|6625
It's odd the variations in price, do you think it could be released both as a download and a dvd??, hence the price difference's.
Sambuccashake
+126|6612|Sweden

Slickfish wrote:

It's odd the variations in price, do you think it could be released both as a download and a dvd??, hence the price difference's.
My thoughts exactly.

It's available for preorder at a swedish game site and I doubt they are selling a box with a download code.

And the DICE dude on the forum said "Ours are cheaper" which I think means that a purchase from them (download) will be cheaper than store bought DVD versions.

Seems fair enough.

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2007-02-07 06:05:07)

Geata
+1|6679|Frankfurt, Germany
I think in Germany you´ll get a DVD box with a downloadcode, if it´s sold like EF & AF for BF2. And i think it´ll be less expensive than buying it on EA link, cause in Germany you have to pay 55€ for BF2142 on EA link and "just" 42€ if you buy it on amazon (on DVD). Same with the other BF2 booster things, on ea link still 10€ in defferent shops between 5 & 10€. So i wouldn´t say EA link sells it for less than other shops.
I think it´ll cost you as much as the other boosters, about 10€, like someone above said.

Last edited by Geata (2007-02-07 08:01:21)

thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6317
i gave a crap load of money to EA/DICE... ill sit this one out in terms of the Northern Strike patch. i am not giving these douchebags of a programming company any more of my green.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6657|UK

thebestshooter wrote:

i gave a crap load of money to EA/DICE... ill sit this one out in terms of the Northern Strike patch. i am not giving these douchebags of a programming company any more of my green.
i am still thinking about all really depends on £££, plus if its as dead after a few months like euro was then i am out
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6547|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
https://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4218/nsbfbp0.png
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard