Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6669
but they got nerfed before you could ever experience them truly.

In the beta version of 2142 you could launch a high-speed pod from any APC, at any time, anywhere. In beta 2 this was already nerfed but as far as I'm concerend it was the best part of the game.

spawn.
walk to APC
launch pod
turn camo on
knife some people
cap flag
find the nearest apc
launch
crash into gunship/crush walker/land on infantry
camo on
knife some people.
repeat

Would you prefer to have the uber pods or the weak ones you have right now? you would be able to travel huge distances from anywhere very quickly, and do some real flag hopping

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2007-02-06 13:26:03)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6524|Minnesota eh
Uber.
l41e
+677|6664

Uber.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6509|N. Ireland
I break all the trends baby yeah.

Not uber. I like the pods fine.
Fearmesnipers
+41|6461|Wales
Uber would make the game faster aswell!
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6505|Gogledd Cymru

uber ftw
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6859|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Beta 1 style ftw!
Janysc
+59|6699|Norway
Good for laughs, but on every server... How about a mod?
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6731|Germany
Still a nice thing if your APC is in a fight with a walker/tank, you can just so easily pod over the enemy and blox them with RDX.
Ice Cold Killa
+26|6459|Perth, W.A, Australia.
Uber!!!
ReDevilJR
+106|6366
I wish you could be launched higher on the lower level settings, but not as high as titan launching pods. Maybe half the distance [of the titan launching pods] , it's just too low on the lower launch distance to get anywhere!!!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6484
It made it really impossible to defend the silos, and plus you can still do that stuff with the titan's pods so not much to complain about. The pods are very fun but in Beta1 it was a little overkill because anypod could launc you across the map, now only really the titan's pods can, so you can still do it just not from anywhere.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6584
You can still cross the map using a pod, even from one end to an other. You just need to know the glitch. :[
zeidmaan
+234|6430|Vienna

Well if the APC is within around 200 meters from any titan you get the "big" launch.
Also on Suez, Sidi and Verdun (kind of) after 5-10 minutes you can pod yourself to any Silo from your Titan.

And conquest mod is for grownups and we dont like silly flying around maps. Thats why you get the "small" launch
Ryan
+1,230|6859|Alberta, Canada

Yeah, I noticed you can't crush vehicles anymore, you just die.
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6391|Inside the AR Rockets.
pooper. I mean uber.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum

ryan_14 wrote:

Yeah, I noticed you can't crush vehicles anymore, you just die.
You can, so long as they're low on health. Managed to land on a full transport attacking our titan today.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard