MG-42

HAND HELD ANTI-TANK.

Bazooka.

VEHICLES.

TANKS.

M1 Sherman.

AIRCRAFT.

P-51

I'd think of more but I'm at school and it's a bit hard with this crappy laptop.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6617

paranoid101 wrote:

Stormscythe wrote:

paranoid101 wrote:

AIRCRAFT.

Hurricane.

Runners up P-51, Spitfire and the FW 190.
You've never heard about Messerschmitt and his aircraft, namely the Bf 109 and Me 262, have you?
Yes I have heard of them, but remember this is just my personal opinion, doesnt make it right or wrong.

Thanks for posting.
Actually it does make it right or wrong. And the Spitfire owns all those planes in a dogfight. WWII jets whilst being jets, sucked ass.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6753|The Hague, Holland
Scoped Mosin-Nagant
Scoped Kar98k
Springfield Sniper
Luger

Tiger Tank

Spitfire

A-bomb, detected.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6690|The Netherlands
I think the best weapon from ww2 is the browning .50 cal. Why? Cause its still being used in active service today. I was trained on the browning .50 in the dutch army and its a beast. A lovely detail about it, it has iron sights but once you fire it, its impossible to keep looking through the sights because of the major recoil so they added tracer rounds. With tracers you don't need the iron sights anymore and you can hit targets upto 1km easely. The downside of tracers is that tracers make nightvision go crazy.

Btw we did a live firing exercise with .50 cals in the summer and every 5 minutes we had to stop the exercise so the fire department could go and put out all the fires started by these damn tracers lol. GG

Last edited by Echo (2007-02-06 09:26:31)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

paranoid101 wrote:

Stormscythe wrote:

You've never heard about Messerschmitt and his aircraft, namely the Bf 109 and Me 262, have you?
Yes I have heard of them, but remember this is just my personal opinion, doesnt make it right or wrong.

Thanks for posting.
Actually it does make it right or wrong. And the Spitfire owns all those planes in a dogfight. WWII jets whilst being jets, sucked ass.
Actually Me262 was incredible, no other planes could catch it, shot down hundreds of planes for like 1 loss.
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6615|Canada

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

The Bazooka was an AWFUL weapon, couldn't penetrate hardly any armour! Reports show that it was only luck that it destroyed anything, even a halftrack. The same goes for the British PIAT. Truely a terrible weapon, it has only been recorded that it ever destroyed two unarmoured German cars!

The M1 Garand was quite effective but with the 8 round internal mag the "ping" upon ejection got many soldiers killed due to the huge "I'M RELOADING!" sound.
Mmm, not exactly true.
The Bazooka worked well against light and medium tanks, including Half-tracks, but failed when it came up against the heavier Tiger and Panthers.
The PIAT wasn't the greatest but it still worked. PIAT was also smaller than the bazooka and more suited to urban and close-quarters combat. There was no blackbast like the bazooka and therefore you had a better chance of not beeing seen. And it destroyed much more than two unarmoured cars, I'm not sure where you got that from. Here is proof taken from Wikipedia:

"Private Ernest Alvia "Smokey" Smith of the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada earned the Victoria Cross after crawling to within thirty metres of a Panther to destroy it with a PIAT.

In one of the most remarkable examples of bravery under fire, Major Robert Henry Cain also earned the Victoria Cross at Arnhem during Operation Market Garden. Using a PIAT gun (in addition to several other weapons) he destroyed or disabled six tanks, four of which were Tigers, as well as a number of self-propelled guns."

The Garand was an amazing rifle. The drawback with the ping sound wasn't that big seeing how it doesn't take long to put in a new clip.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina
Ignorance
herrr_smity
+156|6598|space command ur anus
best

Last edited by herrr_smity (2007-02-06 12:03:49)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6753|The Hague, Holland

herrr_smity wrote:

best
Hahaha! Anti-tank dogs! Thats crazy?!
A giant tank vs a dog xD!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
Showmethemonkey...

Peagasus bridge was saved by a piat, the soldiers took down a tank at the perfect spot thus blocking the road and all other tanks from coming to attack them.
[BAC]Gunfire
+28|6337|BeLgIuM
dildo's alright !!!!
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

CameronPoe wrote:

Mass propaganda. Killed 6 million people. Probably more than any one single weapon.
I agree.

And as far as material weapons go, every different weapon was used for certain situations.  A war can't be won by only using fighter planes and heavy machine guns, it has to be done including Navy fleets and standard rifles (If you know what I mean),
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6673

CaptainMike wrote:

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

The Bazooka was an AWFUL weapon, couldn't penetrate hardly any armour! Reports show that it was only luck that it destroyed anything, even a halftrack. The same goes for the British PIAT. Truely a terrible weapon, it has only been recorded that it ever destroyed two unarmoured German cars!

The M1 Garand was quite effective but with the 8 round internal mag the "ping" upon ejection got many soldiers killed due to the huge "I'M RELOADING!" sound.
Mmm, not exactly true.
The Bazooka worked well against light and medium tanks, including Half-tracks, but failed when it came up against the heavier Tiger and Panthers.
The PIAT wasn't the greatest but it still worked. PIAT was also smaller than the bazooka and more suited to urban and close-quarters combat. There was no blackbast like the bazooka and therefore you had a better chance of not beeing seen. And it destroyed much more than two unarmoured cars, I'm not sure where you got that from. Here is proof taken from Wikipedia:

"Private Ernest Alvia "Smokey" Smith of the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada earned the Victoria Cross after crawling to within thirty metres of a Panther to destroy it with a PIAT.

In one of the most remarkable examples of bravery under fire, Major Robert Henry Cain also earned the Victoria Cross at Arnhem during Operation Market Garden. Using a PIAT gun (in addition to several other weapons) he destroyed or disabled six tanks, four of which were Tigers, as well as a number of self-propelled guns."

The Garand was an amazing rifle. The drawback with the ping sound wasn't that big seeing how it doesn't take long to put in a new clip.
Thank you for clearing that up! Though I have never trusted in Wikipedia when it comes to weapons. It get all sorts of things wrong when it comes to their calibers and niggly details.

I own a M1 Garand, Bren Gun Mk III, Sten Mk II, Enfield Mk IV and a Enfield service pistol. (All deactivated as I live in the UK :-( )

Reaseach I do on WWII weapons I do from books and expirences from elderly relatives me and my step Dad interviewed and recorded.

Though about the Bazooka, it really was rubbish compared to the Panzershriek....
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6338|Columbus, Ohio
Anything that killed tojo or a kraut.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6490|Adelaide, South Australia

CaptainMike wrote:

TANKS.

T-34.

Runners up Tiger, King Tiger, and Panther
You've got to be joking.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6663|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
INFANTRY WEAPONS.

HAND GUNS.

Colt M1911

SUB-MACHINE GUNS.

MP-40

RIFLES.

K98 Mauser

MACHINE GUNS.

MG-42

HAND HELD ANTI-TANK.

Panzerfaust 100m

VEHICLES.

TANKS.
PzKpfw V Ausf G 'Panther'
- One 75mm KwK 42 L/70, One hull MG34, One coaxial MG34

Runner-ups
PzKpfw VI Ausf B 'Tiger II/ King Tiger'
- One 88mm KwK 43 L/71, One coaxial MG34/42, One hull MG34/42, One cupola MG34/42
Iosif Stalin IS2
- One 122mm M1943 D-25T L/43 gun, One 1 x 12,7mm M1938 DShK, One 1 x 7,62mm DT/DTM

AIRCRAFT.

BF-109G6/U4
- Two nose-mounted 13mm machine guns, one MK-108 30mm autocannon through the propellor hub

Runner-ups
North American P-51D 'Mustang'
- Six wing-mounted 12.7mm machine guns, Ten 5-inch rockets, Two hardpoints for 907kg worth of bombs
Supermarine Spitfire Mk  XIV
- Four 7.7mm Browning machine guns, Two 20mm Hispano Cannons

I didn't put the StG-44 (MP44) on my list because it's considered an Assault Rifle. Otherwise, that, in my opinio, is the best infantry weapon.

EDIT: Also, just to say for tanks, you CANNOT place every single tank into a TANK category because there are light, medium, and heavy tanks. Obviously a light tank would get lit up easily if a heavy tank shot at it, but ligh t tank vs. light tank battles have different outcomes.

Last edited by acEofspadEs6313 (2007-02-08 22:22:43)

Parker
isteal
+1,452|6365|The Gem Saloon
1911, M1, Bar!!!!!!
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6444|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
tiger 2 tank aka king tiger
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6673
The BAR???? 20 round mag???? A left over weapon from WWI???? That accidentaly found it's way into the US Army??

Awww hell nawwww......

Ohhh, and interesting facts:
The De Lisle carbine and the M1 Carbine are the only recorded weapons to be deflected by a German winter coat at a range of 800m
The Kar 98K the rear sight were far too close to the front of the barrel making accurate shots less than 500m off-centre. Making a lot of German troops aim considerably lower than intended.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6647|Ft. Drum, NY
BAR>M1 GARAND>MG 42

ask any old war vet and he'll tell you they LOVED when a BAR man was in their squad.

Sniper rifles such as the springfield where very limited in quantity. I heard a number and i forget but it was like for every 40,000 troops their was 1 sniper. Hard to see a weapon so scarce doing any real damage to the enemy even though the sniper is a more mental weapon. And yes, I am aware that the tiger, even though very scarce was a threat to be deal with.
acEofspadEs6313

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

The BAR???? 20 round mag???? A left over weapon from WWI???? That accidentaly found it's way into the US Army??

Awww hell nawwww......

Ohhh, and interesting facts:
The De Lisle carbine and the M1 Carbine are the only recorded weapons to be deflected by a German winter coat at a range of 800m
The Kar 98K the rear sight were far too close to the front of the barrel making accurate shots less than 500m off-centre. Making a lot of German troops aim considerably lower than intended.
They used the BAR from the end of WWI all the way to Vietnam.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6685|US
Rifle
MP44 (In a league of its own in WWII)
M1 Garand

SMG
MP40

Handgun
M1911A1

Man-Portable Anti-Tank
Panzerfaust (lead to a great many designs)

Tank

M-26 Pershing
T-34

Aircraft
Me-262 (again, league of its own)
P-51D Mustang (best piston engine fighter widely used)

Ship
Aircraft carrier

Edit: corrected tank name

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2007-02-08 16:09:18)

acEofspadEs6313

RAIMIUS wrote:

Rifle
MP44 (In a league of its own in WWII)
M1 Garand

SMG
MP40

Handgun
M1911A1

Man-Portable Anti-Tank
Panzerfaust (lead to a great many designs)

Tank

Patton (don't remember designation...M34?)
T-34

Aircraft
Me-262 (again, league of its own)
P-51D Mustang (best piston engine fighter widely used)

Ship
Aircraft carrier
You must mean the M-26 Pershing. The M46, M47, M48 and M60 Patton tanks were first made in 1951.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

paranoid101 wrote:

What do you think were the best weapons of world war 2?
The Marines.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard