MrE`158
+103|6662
An alternative to Superbowl chatter...

What are peoples thought's on this years Six Nations?  After the opening games, I have a few comments:

Ireland looked good (which I'm happy with), and it's always nice to see a team win through just tries.  Wales need to work on their consistency a bit, I think.

It was a bad weekend to be Italian...  The French really just out-classed them.  Every little mistake was punished, and the French backs looked to be at their best.  They really are so good at those quick interlaced passes to find the gap for a runner.

And finally a match where the scoreline was Scotland 20, England 15, Johnny Wilkinson 27.  Pretty much a one-man-show, I thought.  Wilkinson looked great, and beat Scotland all by himself.  If it'd been Olly Barkley playing, I don't think England would've won that game.  The Scots looked pretty good, but clearly not quite good enough.

For the rest of the tournament...  Well, I gotta hope for Ireland, of course.  I think it all hinges on the Ireland-France match.  If we can win that, we can win the championship, if not then I gotta back the French, unfortunately.  Our match against England could be tough, but I think that if we maintain enough discipline and don't give Wilkinson free kicks, we should be able to handle it.

It's weird being considered among the favourites (if not the favourite) for a Six Nations...  Hope the boys can handle the pressure
jcurts
+25|6404|Coventry, UK
Ireland vs France will probably give us the next 6 Nations champion.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6600|Southampton, UK

Ireland Ftw -

Oh and i'm English, it's just Ireland kicked ass againt Wales, and unless Johnny can pull of 50 of those fantastic tri's i don't think we can win.
tiptopT
+72|6621|Scotland's Capital
We played shite....if we carry on we will be 5th infront of Italy!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6620|SE London

Knightnifer wrote:

Ireland Ftw -

Oh and i'm English, it's just Ireland kicked ass againt Wales, and unless Johnny can pull of 50 of those fantastic tri's i don't think we can win.
I thought Wales looked the stronger team against Ireland. I really don't think the scoreline reflected the game at all.

I thought England looked in good form (at last), albeit against a sloppy Scottish opposition. Wilkinson did very well, nice to see him not broken for a change, and good to see Robinson doesn't seem to have lost his pace. Robinson and Lewsy on the wings seems like a good idea, Ellis looked good as Scrum Half and if we get Balshaw back playing fullback then things look good, for the backs at least.
jcurts
+25|6404|Coventry, UK

tiptopT wrote:

We played shite....if we carry on we will be 5th infront of Italy!
Oh man, so funny !!!
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6676|Wigan. Manchester. England.
England surprised me to be honest. We have a good chance of winning if we keep playing like that!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard