The Magic Mullet wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

And, Rugby FTW!
League only, not Union.
Both are still better than AF
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6687|Hell's prison
Ok, so we have proven that almost the entire world besides the US hates FOOTBALL, can we stop making every other thread beat that point to fuckin death?  You have your FUTBOL, and we have our FOOTBALL, case closed, get over it, if you dont like one or the other, dont watch.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK

The Magic Mullet wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

And, Rugby FTW!
League only, not Union.
I've played both so I enjoy watching both.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6476|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

Ok, so we have proven that almost the entire world besides the US hates FOOTBALL, can we stop making every other thread beat that point to fuckin death?  You have your FUTBOL, and we have our FOOTBALL, case closed, get over it, if you dont like one or the other, dont watch.
no its..FOOTBALL and AMERICAN PUSSIES THROWING A BALL
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
*gets popcorn*
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

• Football fun to play not watch
  • Soccer fun to play not watch
  • Golf fun to play not watch
  • Basketball fun to play and watch
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lumpkin
+1|6653|USA
you know what would be fun to watch! Have the soccer dudes play football; and the football guys play soccer for one season!
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6424|San Antonio, TX

ELITE-UK wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

no its..FOOTBALL and AMERICAN PUSSIES THROWING A BALL
Right, right... versus football (soccer) where you get a card for running into another player... yeah pussies!

And for the football (soccer) play by play

Player 1 kicks ball to player 2
Player 2 takes ball past half line
Player 2 kicks ball to player 3
Player 3 kicks ball around
Opposing team steals the ball
Player A kicks ball to player B
Player B takes ball past half line
Player B kicks ball to player C
Player C kicks ball around

Repeat for 20 minutes

~
Player F kicks ball towards goal
Miss
Player 1 inbounds to player 5

Repeat first part for another 10 minutes

End of regulation
Both teams were so horrible, neither could score a goal
Penalty kicks (and this is probably the best part of the game)

Hours of my life wasted... final score 1-0... yeah real exciting.
Sgt.Zubie
+77|6577

The Magic Mullet wrote:

I've never really taken in American Football before, aside from playing Madden 94 on the Megadrive and watching Ace Ventura. Watched a bit of the Superbowl last night.

What a shite game.

*start clock*

"He throws the ball, INTERCEPTED!!!!"

*stop clock*

*Players celebrate*

*Ad break*

"To the playbook"

*start clock*

"He kicks..... WIDE!!!"

*stop clock*

*Players celebrate*

*Ad break*

In 30 minutes I saw 37 seconds play. How people can watch this tripe is beyond me.
Who cares what you think? I know I don't, now go play cricket or whatever it is you do.
The Magic Mullet
+240|6426

Sgt.Zubie wrote:

The Magic Mullet wrote:

I've never really taken in American Football before, aside from playing Madden 94 on the Megadrive and watching Ace Ventura. Watched a bit of the Superbowl last night.

What a shite game.

*start clock*

"He throws the ball, INTERCEPTED!!!!"

*stop clock*

*Players celebrate*

*Ad break*

"To the playbook"

*start clock*

"He kicks..... WIDE!!!"

*stop clock*

*Players celebrate*

*Ad break*

In 30 minutes I saw 37 seconds play. How people can watch this tripe is beyond me.
Who cares what you think? I know I don't, now go play cricket or whatever it is you do.
I supply techincal support for one of the largest IT companies in the world. I'm sorry if I confused you into thinking i'm actually a cricketer.

Besides, I don't think my local village green actually has Wifi. I'd be surprised anyway, it hasn't even had any grass since 1997.

"Lofted high.....in the air.......... fielder is underneath it......... he misses, too busy pwning a n00b."
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
I watched it and tried to keep an open mind. When you look pass the gay adverts it's actually quite interesting. I'm trying to get into as many sports as possible so that there's never nothing to watch on TV.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
Well my Father-in-law watches it so there must be something exciting about it. Oh wait, no....... he's also gets his jollies from spotting trains.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6573|USA

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

You sound like a real genius over 6,000  miles away. You have never been to one in person.  I'll let the flames that you have beckoned deal with you now.
ah, but in person you get to be drunk. that, my friend, changes everything.
The Magic Mullet
+240|6426

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Well my Father-in-law watches it so there must be something exciting about it. Oh wait, no....... he's also gets his jollies from spotting trains.
It's a common side affect. American Football was responsible for 117 Puppy deaths last year alone.
Sgt.Zubie
+77|6577

Mekstizzle wrote:

I watched it and tried to keep an open mind. When you look pass the gay adverts it's actually quite interesting. I'm trying to get into as many sports as possible so that there's never nothing to watch on TV.
That's the spirit mate! I watch it like a religion every Saturday and Sunday...now I will be in withdrawals till next Football season.

I tried watching soccer and rugby, even Aussie rules, and they're OK, but to me just not NEAR as good.

Last edited by Sgt.Zubie (2007-02-05 06:48:20)

The Magic Mullet
+240|6426
Aussie Rules is the most ironic name in the Sporting World.

There are no rules, it's just a bunch of pissed convicts having a scrap. They even have 3 goals so even after a skinful of Fosters they can still hit the target on occasion.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6642|Your moms bedroom
having played both soccer and football, football is way fucking cooler and more fun
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6390|New York
i can't watch it. too slow paced, too many stupid rules, too many stupid gestures to demonstate a rule being broken, and it's entirely too commercialized. having played soccer and football, soccer is much better and more fun. i could watch soccer all the time and not be bored of it.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Thing is with football/soccer you can play it in the park with a couple of mates whereas American Football is only probably fun with a full compliment of team mates and i'm guessing it wouldn't be so nice on the body without all the professional padding and stuff.  It's also why you rarely see Rugby being played casually in the park.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6738|Salt Lake City

Mekstizzle wrote:

Thing is with football/soccer you can play it in the park with a couple of mates whereas American Football is only probably fun with a full compliment of team mates and i'm guessing it wouldn't be so nice on the body without all the professional padding and stuff.  It's also why you rarely see Rugby being played casually in the park.
Not at all.  People often play touch or flag football.  Touch simply means that touching the player with the ball is the same as a tackle.  Flag football is where the player simply wears a small flag in the wasteband of their pants.  Grabbing the flag is the tackle.

To offset not having a full compliment of players, simple rules are employed to make things fair.  For example, the defense must wait 3-5 seconds before they can cross the line of scrimage and go after the quarterback.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6680|In You Endo- Stoke
Oh crikey you have started a flame zone here mullet.

I love american football,in my eyes football aka soccer does suck,there are too many divers and pussies in
"soccer".

NFL all the way,there is alot of tatics in AF that people don't realise and i am happy to sit there for 3 hours getting drunk and shouting abuse at my tv.
Hopefully i will be watching the giants this year at wembley WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Either way i think alot of people need to understand the game before you can comment.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6440
AF and Football are 2 entirely different beasts.  Anyone who overtly says one sucks is missing the point.  The point being, no matter what the game, humans love to have competition.  The form of this competition is not as important as the chance to win itself.  Thus why you can sit there with a friend and get into the biggest challenges over shit like "who can bounce the quarter into the beer glass".  Different regions will create different mindsets, so the sports will change from region to region.  But in the end, it's all about seeing how far the human body can go to win, and getting on board with one team or person over another.  Sports in general are a beautiful thing, but are taken WAY too seriously by WAY too many people.  How many friends do you have who got d's in school, yet can tell you who won the triple crown in 1972, or who won the UEFA Cup back in 83?  I mean even if my favorite team wins it all, does my rent get paid?  I love sports, but I think they suck up too much of our life force sometimes, haha.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2007-02-05 11:52:46)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6765

I think we can all agree that hockey is better than both.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6520|Montucky
Hockey FTW.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6765

And touch 'rugby' is the gayest sport.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard