Bananaman
+9|6639
I think they will swap you a nice new map for your beloved stats feeds.

NO MORE STATS! Woo Hoo!
DSRTurtle
+56|6686

ryanv12 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Flakturnal wrote:

this is hardly convincing
You play before patch 1.2? Back then claymores could be blown up with nades, as could AT mines. It worked. Why it was ever changed is beyond my comprehension.
Yeah exactly. Couple that with the fact that FF was on for all mines, that made them even less useful. In those days, smart commanders would arty flags and choke points even if no one was there to clear out mines/claymores. I don't think they should turn FF on again (since teammates never payed attention to the damn red skull), but having a way to remove them would be great. More nades? Yes...but what's more annoying? Being nade spammed or dying continually to claymores that can't be removed? You're going to get nade spammed either way, so you might as well help the claymore situation.
Claymores and Mines can be overcome by a good squad assulting bases that are more easily defended by the use of claymores and mines.  It is a matter of adapting your tactics to the base.  I am more sick of the nade spamming than mine spamming. 

Some idiot complained about me using the grenade launcher and calling me a noob the other day when I got my expert assult badge for special forces.  I was using every weapon available to me.  They are no worse no better than everyone running around with the SVD firing it as fast as they can. I'd love to see the SVD replaced with a botl action sniper rifle.    That won't happen though.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6626|Quebec city, Canada

DSRTurtle wrote:

Claymores and Mines can be overcome by a good squad assulting bases that are more easily defended by the use of claymores and mines.  It is a matter of adapting your tactics to the base.  I am more sick of the nade spamming than mine spamming. 

Some idiot complained about me using the grenade launcher and calling me a noob the other day when I got my expert assult badge for special forces.  I was using every weapon available to me.  They are no worse no better than everyone running around with the SVD firing it as fast as they can. I'd love to see the SVD replaced with a botl action sniper rifle.    That won't happen though.
That fact is that it happens often that Im traped in front of a claymore or a mine and that I cant count on my teammates to resolve the problem...

Claymores are a cheap way of killing but I dont want them removed of bf2, its a part of the game. The problem is you cant do anything against them, they blow up automaticaly and they are fatal. If at least you could destroy them by throwing nades at them, like before patch 1.2, it would be alright and a bit more balanced. As for the AT mines.
DSRTurtle
+56|6686

-=raska=- wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

That fact is that it happens often that Im traped in front of a claymore or a mine and that I cant count on my teammates to resolve the problem...

Claymores are a cheap way of killing but I dont want them removed of bf2, its a part of the game. The problem is you cant do anything against them, they blow up automaticaly and they are fatal. If at least you could destroy them by throwing nades at them, like before patch 1.2, it would be alright and a bit more balanced. As for the AT mines.
Teamspeak, VOIP or Vent go along to helping then.  Find a squad that knows how to work together, or do what I did.  That was find a player better than me and join his squad and work with him by looking at what kit he had and chosing something to help depending on the map and flag.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2007-02-05 14:56:13)

CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6358|CA, USA
i know engineers can defuse mines and claymores but i think they should also be able to defuse c4

further, spec ops and snipers should be able to pick up c4 and clays that they laid down themselves.  i often use these tools as tactics to cover my 6 and then when i displace i'd like to carry them with me (i'm sure we all would, right?).  as it stands you have to find some support guy at the next spot.

i agree that grenades should be allowed to blow up clays/mines/c4 - it's just more realistic.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria
  • Force friendly fire on mines & claymores.
  • Make artillery team kills count again.
  • Make claymores and mines be destroyable by 2 direct hits with grenades (or 2 AT rockets) and 1 direct (or very, very close) hit with an artillery shell.
  • Allow engineers to defuse C4.
  • Allow snipers to defuse & pick up their own claymores (much slower than the engineer though).
  • Allow SpecOps to pick up their own C4.
  • Fix ribbon viewing bug in BFHQ
  • Add a ground vehicles only option (ability to turn off only aerial vehicles).
  • add the European Service Ribbon
  • New maps:--a PLA city map for BF2--a night map for SF (night attack on the White House maybe?)--a city map for AF (something like San Francisco, New York or Washington DC)--a city map for EF (located in Europe; Berlin perhaps)
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6841|UK

Flecco wrote:

Flakturnal wrote:

ryanv12 wrote:

It's a little different than you think. If you approach a flag, you can chuck grenades at it instead of spamming spawn points. Right now well placed claymores can prevent a flag from being taken. Claymores should be effective but not unstoppable. It just makes sense.
this is hardly convincing
You play before patch 1.2? Back then claymores could be blown up with nades, as could AT mines. It worked. Why it was ever changed is beyond my comprehension.
Thats when i used to love being engineer.  Put a mine under a tank.. Before it got to think about what it was doing.. throw a nade at the mine

Superb
Sambuccashake
+126|6611|Sweden
Regarding the claymores, wouldn't it be best if they implemented the rules from BF2142?
Making it so you can pass the clay without setting it off if you do it while crouching or proning.
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6744|Backward Ass Kansas
Found this... sounds encouraging....

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thre … dID=174378

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard