Linkinbits
+5|6481|Melbourne, FL
Just like a lot of other players, I've joined knife and pistol servers thinking, "Well... sounds like it might be fun. I'll check it out." Until I came across this site and discovered how big of a deal it was. I haven't been to one since, but I looked at my stats and awards and noticed how many of them I recieved simply because of the K/P servers. I'm not out to be the best or anything, but I am proud of the awards and stats that I do earn legitimately. Obviously, the stats, awards, and rank increase from the K/P servers, I did not rightfully earn, so... Is there a way I can manually wipe the stats/awards/rank on my soldier so I don't have to create a new account, or do I contact someone?
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6413|The Gem Saloon
just suck it up and start a new account.
that would be the easiest thing to do, just dont go to anymore kp servers.
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6772
You can't wipe out your stats, only EA can.
Some pre-teen nubbin will snark "report yourself LOL" but this is a waste of time & bandwidth.
Start a new account.
And +1 for realizing the real Battlefield series is not K&P.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6409

Use my account. 

[/joke]

EDIT:
What you can do is hack absurdly on Karkland.  Hack, hack and hack more and then maybe EA will wipe your stats.  You might also get banned too...so maybe just statpadding is a good idea.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-02-04 22:27:47)

ryanv12
+10|6360|San Francisco, CA, USA
I dont know what your stats are like, but there are many advanced awards that will take some time and cannot be earned in K&P servers anyways...like all the vehicle awards. The good thing about the system is that you can rewarded for countless ways of playing and for many hours into playing. I would say just play the game normally from now on and it'll be all good. Or start a new account, either one.
Linkinbits
+5|6481|Melbourne, FL
I adjusted my profile so my character stats can be seen. You are right, I busted my arse earning my vehicle ribbons but it definately made me a better pilot.
ryanv12

Linkinbits wrote:

I adjusted my profile so my character stats can be seen. You are right, I busted my arse earning my vehicle ribbons but it definately made me a better pilot.
Oh yeah, you have a ways to go yet. Wait until you get the time requirements for your expert kit badges and then getting 40 and 44 (For SF) kills IAR. That can truly be a challenge sometimes, and if you can do it fairly consistently, you know that you deserve an "expert" badge. Same goes for the vehicle badges and medals. The 400 hours in armor one is just bogus though...I think you would know everything you need to about armor in much less time than that.

Last edited by ryanv12 (2007-02-05 00:20:15)

Linkinbits
+5|6481|Melbourne, FL

ryanv12 wrote:

Oh yeah, you have a ways to go yet. Wait until you get the time requirements for your expert kit badges and then getting 40 and 44 (For SF) kills IAR. That can truly be a challenge sometimes, and if you can do it fairly consistently, you know that you deserve an "expert" badge. Same goes for the vehicle badges and medals. The 400 hours in armor one is just bogus though...I think you would know everything you need to about armor in much less time than that.
Yea, not just that, but a lot of the biggest awards in the game seem a bit overwhelming on the requirements (even if you are skilled). Biggest problem I've had is the round not lasting long enough.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6805|Bulgaria
Report yourself
ANd +1 for your desire to play fairly! pistol and knife servers are gay, that's not a fair BF2!
ryanv12

Linkinbits wrote:

ryanv12 wrote:

Yea, not just that, but a lot of the biggest awards in the game seem a bit overwhelming on the requirements (even if you are skilled). Biggest problem I've had is the round not lasting long enough.
Well, in regards to the round not lasting long enough, you can play on "high points" servers to get some extra time. Sometimes it's the only way...such as 16-24 players on a 64 sized map. Like that Expert Repair Badge? Yeah I just got that one with an 8 person game with C4-happy noobs on the other team. Even then I barely got the last repair point with only several tickets left. You would literally not have enough time in most full servers even if 20 destroyed assets were lined up right in front of you.

I prefer long rounds because more often than not I lose my connection after a full round is over, so I want to get the most playing time when I connect to a server.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6424|NSW, Australia

dont start you acc agian, so what if you played k/p big deal, it doesnt matter
Linkinbits
+5|6481|Melbourne, FL
I'm not going to start another account. I've already made the "arrangements" and my soldiers stats should be reset sometime soon.
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6413|Belgium

Linkinbits wrote:

I'm not going to start another account. I've already made the "arrangements" and my soldiers stats should be reset sometime soon.
you really are an idiot if you care what people on a forum say about k/p servers. its not like cheating. I don't think you played 100% of your time on a k/p server. just don't play on them anymore
ryanv12

Doperwt. wrote:

Linkinbits wrote:

you really are an idiot if you care what people on a forum say about k/p servers. its not like cheating. I don't think you played 100% of your time on a k/p server. just don't play on them anymore
I wouldn't say he's an idiot. He just wants to earn his awards the way the game was meant to be played. I would say that he doesn't need to have his account wiped, considering he hasn't gone very far yet, but he can do what he wants....it's his game and he'll play it how he feels he would be rewarded the most.

I do think we shouldn't be influenced by what people think about our stats though, I agree. But, to each their own.
Linkinbits
+5|6481|Melbourne, FL
Yea, I know... I'm a jackass for even starting this thread to begin with.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6735
KP servers are fun. Nothing wrong with them.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6384
Who cares what you do, its a game. Don't have to start a new account. There's no 'big deal' about playing knife pistol...
Dragonclaw
+186|6324|Florida
There is no problem with statpadding. Ive statpadded and glitched hundreds of times by kidnapping or playing on K&P before 1.4 and Ive never been reset.
Linkinbits
+5|6481|Melbourne, FL
Ok, I'm going to stop worrying about it and play, legit ofcourse. They probably only target people who did nothing but padding, so I shouldn't be worried.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard