Ryan
+1,230|6839|Alberta, Canada

Sorry if I couldn't find this on the search, cause its kind of a specific question.

If i wanted to get my C4 badge, could i go into that T shaped alley way on Karkand (you know, where that building is with the stairs that lead up to the roof? By the hotel?) and place C4 on the walls around there, and when an enemy spawns or runs by, i could blow them up? I'd be hiding in that little cut out area in the wall with my detonator. Thing is, round would be to short, and i porbably wont get all the kills. its worth a try though.

does everyone understand where I'm talking about? Would this be a good place to try and get the badge?
FFOLKES
+39|6759
no, that would be considered stat padding since you would spawn raping.

My suggestion is to play a combination of sniper and spec ops.  In the beginning of Karkand play MEC and put a lot of claymores in the very front where the marines approach.  You should be able to rack up at least 8 kills.  Then c4 apcs and tanks as they try to take the suburb or market square.

Got mine like this on the very first try.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6743|The United Center
can you?  yeah, you can do whatever you want to.

i doubt it'll be that effective though.  the enemy will see the c4 and go around the back.
Ryan

Awesome, I like your idea FFOLKES. i'm gunna print off what you said so i have it right beside me when ig o to play. if i dont, i'll forget haha. i'll probably get alot of TK's, cuz my teammates will run into the claymores...

but when ur sniper, you only get 2 claymores. how are 2 claymores gunna kill 8 guys? they will just see the clyamores and run away from them. do you mean put them in that little entrance way that is fenced off?

Last edited by ryan_14 (2006-01-07 09:18:46)

fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6751|The Netherlands
just run around tossing C4 it works better than to wait for one enemy
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6688|Sweden
Thats the place whare i got it. On MEC team and USMC had taken the hotel, so I laid C4 on the ground in that alley. And all Americans run in there and got blown, so I trow another one and new people run in to get blown away...

Do not spawncamp; mabye one or two times. And do it on a server that has the big version of the map and 0nly 30/30 players. If you can find one, otherwise a 64/64 mabye will do but you have to hurry.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6743|The United Center
c4 > claymores

the big thing i noticed about the explosives badges...before you get them, they seem impossible.  after you get them, they seem like the easiest things ever.  since i got my expert explosives, ive probably gotten around 40 kills IAR with explosives at least twice.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6736|England
aye never do the plant and wait thing, you'll never get the badge. Just run at the USMC shouting "Jihaaaaaad!!" with C4 in your hand.
Esker
+1|6723
Claymores is a great idea... If you're on a server with FF off.

Otherwise you'll rack up TK's because your teammates WILL run over them and they WILL punish you for it.

Regardless of whether they're in a plain view or not.
petethecheese
+9|6759|England
Best way is to play commander and place c4 round your base flag.  drop supplies to replen your c4 then carry on with the commanding job.  You'll see when they are in the righ tplace as they try & take your flag, then detonate.  2-3 kills, then do the same again.  Make sure you're on a 64 player map to give you the time you need to get 13 kills.
A=10
+-2|6783|U.K DURHAM
Claymores not good at all good if you want loads of tks i found mashtur city good for it. make a good squad take the main base like the 1 that blackhawk spawns in. trust me blackhawk whores will come in force for that flag back. just defend that flag as much as you can you should get it no probs. or do it the lame way same map back of ugly ass mec chopper and c4 the hell out of the place from back of it. that seems to be the in thing at the mo its all i see now on that map. any way gl with what you try mate i know its a hard 1 to get.
Ryan

I can't play 64 player servers cuz of my system, but thanks for the tips, i'll try each of them. i play a 24 player server and the rounds seem to last pretty long.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6792|Barrington, RI
on Mashtuur i've seen the MEC plant C4 on the bottom of their helo and then take off looking for the blackhawk.  they then flew over the black hawk positioned their chopper so it was right over the blackhawk and jumped out and detonated the c4 on the way down.  it takes jihad jeeping to a whole new level.  it will only work multiple times if the MEC and the USMC can maintain control of their own heli spawn points.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6723|Debris From Space

wooly-back-jack wrote:

aye never do the plant and wait thing, you'll never get the badge. Just run at the USMC shouting "Jihaaaaaad!!" with C4 in your hand.
Yep, that worked for me, and I got basic and veteran in the same round. Plus, you have to include the rush of jihad jeeping tanks.
Ryan

well i tried, and no luck
FFOLKES
+39|6759

ryan_14 wrote:

Awesome, I like your idea FFOLKES. i'm gunna print off what you said so i have it right beside me when ig o to play. if i dont, i'll forget haha. i'll probably get alot of TK's, cuz my teammates will run into the claymores...

but when ur sniper, you only get 2 claymores. how are 2 claymores gunna kill 8 guys? they will just see the clyamores and run away from them. do you mean put them in that little entrance way that is fenced off?
I dropped a total of 8 claymores and did not have any teamkills.  I kept reloading since I had a supply guy nearby.  I got killed about three times as sniper because of an apc nearby.  I put the claymores across the street at the fence entrance and pipes where the marines come down the hill.  The east side. 

Then after the marines captured the hotel I switched to spec ops and got the rest with c4 on passing tanks/apcs.
Anima05
+1|6756

FFOLKES wrote:

My suggestion is to play a combination of sniper and spec ops.  In the beginning of Karkand play MEC and put a lot of claymores in the very front where the marines approach.  You should be able to rack up at least 8 kills.  Then c4 apcs and tanks as they try to take the suburb or market square.

stat padding is not spawn raping, and spawn raping is a good (but cheap) tactic
acurasquirrel
+0|6681
I got the the badge this morning.  I was MEC and put claymores in the area where the USMC comes down the hill.  I ended the round with 6 points due to TKs, but I got the badge.
monkeyhunkeytunkey
+2|6738
i would go sniper sneak around and go to were everyone spawns on kark and put claymore and find some ammo or bring a supplie guy with you
US_JackHammer
+1|6723

Esker wrote:

Claymores is a great idea... If you're on a server with FF off.

Otherwise you'll rack up TK's because your teammates WILL run over them and they WILL punish you for it.

Regardless of whether they're in a plain view or not.
And as you cant turn ff off on ranked servers you would have to do this on an unranked server.. which wouldnt award you the badge anyway hmm this idea needs a rethingk, good job
FFOLKES
+39|6759

Anima05 wrote:

FFOLKES wrote:

stat padding is not spawn raping, and spawn raping is a good (but cheap) tactic
It is if all you are trying to do is get a badge
Ryan

Yeah i got about 4 kills with c4, thats about it. today i'll try the claymore tactic.
Magus_CT83
+0|6682
Or you could try their new trick, throwing c4, blowing it up, and still living.
TC><Injecter
+4|6824|Berlin, Germany
Hm.... Someone wrote 40 explosive kills IAR.... OMG!!!! Simply OMG.... I think i won't try to get the silver version because its gonna make my kdr even more worse... I had enough luck to get the basic one.

You need luck and for me the best tactic was to rethink: Try to chase infantry with C4 and just if you have time tanks/apcs. Not the other way around. Just do it like you would do the knife badge... Run and dont think about your KD... Just run and toss your C4 and hope you have enough time to change to the detonator and detonate it. It doesnt matter if you die too.... Its important that the enemy dies
Ryan

Well my computer lags so knowimg my luck it would screw up. i cant throw C4 and blow it up, im not that good.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard