qwegji
+0|6295
An option I would like is to be able to ignore the radio audio. So you still get the text and red dot on map(with spotted) but have none of the audio messages. Either a simple on/off option or an extra volume slider just for the radio.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6742|Reality
I want to pick grenades and throw them back.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Tro0per
Take off, hosers
+24|6415|Ontario, Canada

Stubbee wrote:

This isn't Day of Defeat
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6410|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

Tro0per wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

This isn't Day of Defeat
I wish you could "cook" them like in DoD though.
Screw C4...run in there with a grenade in your hand!
Derka Derka...Muhammad Jihad!
voodoodolphins
+92|6702

MadMax2506 wrote:

The m24, M96 and  the L96A1 should all be more powerful... especially the M95... its says it does 195 damage... well i shoot someone in the head from a distance and they don't die... i shoot them in the chest they don't die... really irritating.
Omg.....do you really think they should be more powerful? They are fine as they are, maybe to powerful if anything.
NoMO
+0|6294
- entering delay on viehicles for noobs....

who gets got the chopper depends on how many heli points the soldier got !!

ex.:    5 Privates and you waiting for the chopper to spawn, they got a better ping, they get the chopper.... this round is lost for your team (especially on Sharqi when u are MEC !!!) 

this really SUCks when noobs are in chopper and get shot everytime by cars when they not even reached the other side of the sea
buster3535
+0|6294
Bugs I've personally experienced:
-jalalabad boulder see-through glitch west of mec compound
-looping sound of resupply (clink) or healing (zip)
-crash to desktop when you pick up a kit
-sprint emptying problem (goes away upon jumping)
-could not reload weapon at all even with extra magazines
-get injured when running extremely close to a teammate

SUGGESTIONS:========================
-100% agree with creating a nice PLA map similar to karkand or
jalalabad.
-some kind of reward for badges, ribbons, etc.  As simple as giving an
extra ammo magazine, grenade, whenever they use an expert class.  If
that
seems unfair or unbalanced, then at least give extra or bonus points.

examples:
-a kill would give you 2.5 or 3 pts instead of 2 if you kill with an
expert class
-expert grappling hook/zipline badge makes you climb faster or zipline
faster

-Allow admins to change locations of spawnpoints. that way even less
popular maps can be played more often with well placed spawns.  If not
completely controllable, even being to select from pre-determined ones
would still be good.

SQUADS======
to encourage squad tactics, reward squad leaders and members somehow.
if not for all squads, then at least the best squad at the end of the round.

eg.
-at the end of a round, all points earned by a squad get pooled and each
member gets a bonus of xx% of the total pool. This bonus is given after
the final gold/silver/bronze medals are given out to prevent the best
squads from always getting the medals.

So each person gets whatever points they earned normally by themselves,
but get the % of pooled points afterwards.

-squad leaders get a % of any points earned by a squad member nearby
(within 20 meters or whatever). again at the end of the round after medals
are awarded.

ENGINEERS=====
Engineers are very rarely played on no vehicle maps.  Give em more to
do. Disable explosives (c4,claymores, mines).  Heck, give them the bonus
of being able to use up to 2 of any one explosive type that they disarm.
(swap mines for claymores or c4)

I totally agree with the idea of making commander assets not
fixable by supply crates. That makes engineers much more valuable.

Also give them a better unlockable weapon. Or the DAO-12 at the least.

And give them more points for repairs.  A point every 10 seconds of
repair or something since some things take much longer to repair than
others. I hate repairing a UAV trailer from 10% to full and get 0 repair
points.  If i can't find something else to repair for 10%, do i get
nothing for my efforts???

Last edited by buster3535 (2007-02-01 16:21:38)

Rookie_Hans
+0|6329|Rotterdam (NL)
I would like an adjustment to the way driving over a friendly landmine is punished. Right now, if I lay a mine somewhere and a vehicle full of friendlies drives over it, I get all the teamkills, counting VERY heavy. BUT is it my fault the driver has driven over the mines (most specifically when they are in plain sight)?
IMO the teamkills should be divided among the engineer and the driver (so each a -2).

In addition to this friendly mines should be made a little better visible (larger icons, a red piece of road on the minimap, or something like that)
Daniel_Blue-Delta
+11|6302|Sweden
Also, sometimes I crash when I enter vehicles of any kind.

The engine is pretty unstable.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6463|meh-land
Engineers can already disable claymores...

there should be some way to get around claymores though without having to run around the long way that will take longer but still allows you to take the same route if it is a good route

or make it so engineers have something that helps them to take out claymores without having to run behind them
Ryan
+1,230|6842|Alberta, Canada

That's quite a list of problems, that I haven't even really noticed (some of them).

Funny, they may fix them, but screw up another 40 things in the game during the process.
-RareKid-
+11|6432|England
I thikn they shoudl just Come up with bf3
Anclerson
+1|6293
Also, fix the damn Mid East Service ribbon bug.  My stats are already noob enough, I don't need some stupid bug making matters worse.
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6327|105 RVK
Gaymores can be blow up like back in the 'ol day
G36E needs a nerf
Bring the AA missiles back to the way they were in 1.03 NOT 1.12 [they sucked too much there]
Fix the wall exploits with parachute and choppers
Give us a Chinese city map

there might not even be a 1.5
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6619
The support's tear gas model (in SF) could work pretty good as smoke grenade's model, as it makes good cover and is big. (Anyone think same?)
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652

SargeV1.4 wrote:

-remove prone and crouch delay.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

let me explain to you what a decent FPS game needs.

First off, Counter-Strike. As retarded as its player base is, much like that of BF2, you can't argue that there is plenty of skill to be had all the way up to the godlike status of some of the best players.
Now, in CS, you do not need to stand still to shoot. In fact, on many guns, your first shot is completely accurate. You can run around, be moving, and still be getting headshots. In other words, players can move around while shooting, and if they want to run nothing is stopping them, other than a well aimed shot from the opposition.

In Quake, you can run (read: bounce) around, all the while firing your ultra accurate railgun/rocket/blaster/etc. the fact that you are just as accurate while bouncing around as you are standing still makes for a very fun game: it is incredibly fast paced, and it takes a LOT of skill. Extreme accuracy from the guns in the game does not make it 'noobish', but far better, as the only factor is the players skill, and not luck.

In any populair FPS game the same principle goes: you can MOVE, at any time, and have proper accuracy too.

In Battlefield 2, you have to go prone to get high accuracy fast. However, in the older versions of BF2, going prone and getting back up again was instantaneous. And you could do all kinds of movements to stay in motion while still being prone. Thus, BF2 circumvented the principle of needing to stand to fire and still retain speed, by having these so-called "exploits".

Now, imagine if in Counter-Strike, you had to stand still for a full second before being able to fire accurately. And after you've fired, you have to wait another second before being able to move again. Thus, all shoot-outs become players simply standing still hoping their gun gets luckier first.

Enter 1.4

I hope you finally realise it now.
-increase accuracy on all weapons. Up to the standard of BF2pro.

-make all fighter jets equal in performance, and all bombers equal.

-A2A missles should hit whenever a jet is not doing a full turn. Missles are still effective but take timing and thought to use.

-A2A missles should stay just as effective against choppers. (read: not.) Gunning choppers down is the way to go. spamming missles at choppers is another example of giving players the easy way out instead of making them learn to play.

-AA missles should almost always hit. AA is weak enough as it is (yes, that's right. High learning curve. get used to it. AA doesn't stand a chance against choppers or jets.)

-helo TV missles range should be set to ~600. This will make helo fights far less a game of hiding.

-fix helo TV missle bugs: Not firing/double reload/blank screen. can make the difference between win or lose in a match.

-improve on the netcode to relieve hitreg problems. Vital for any FPS game. Not a major fix, but some improvements at the least.

-allow firing while in the air, but make accuracy extremely low. in other words, normal C4 throwing (short distance) and point blank shots can still work. And I see no reason why they shouldn't.

-remove the well-known glitches from maps.

-make switching firing modes go smoothly. M16 is a real bitch for this one, regularly your aim spazzes out all over the place and you end up back in the mode you started in.

-make claymores TK again. I'm sure it was DICE's intention to prevent players from accidentally killing teammates who stare at the sky constantly, but this change has done nothing but make snipers run around spamming invincible boomsticks everywhere.

fin
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6619
I don't know if it's bug but:
You're flying in a jet, and suddenly you can't control the jet and it just keeps moving and then you either:
1) Die, because you go out of bounds.
2) The jet goes down and you gain the control of it back.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6410|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

Hacial wrote:

You're flying in a jet, and suddenly you can't control the jet and it just keeps moving and then you either:
Maybe because you hit the flight ceiling? There's a certain limit to what altitude you canfly up to until you lose control of the jet. Its no bug.

Last edited by SplinterStrike (2007-02-04 06:15:13)

Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6619

SplinterStrike wrote:

Hacial wrote:

Maybe because you hit the flight ceiling? There's a certain limit to what altitude you canfly up to until you lose control of the jet. Its no bug.
Ok. Another suggestion (not so important):
For people to be able to change the loading music? It gets bit annoying.
Rookie_Hans
+0|6329|Rotterdam (NL)

Hacial wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Hacial wrote:

Ok. Another suggestion (not so important):
Well you can turn of the music
vjs
+19|6770

Hacial wrote:

Its call 0%...

Go into your sounds and set music to 0%
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6786|Bulgaria
Hm, will there be a 1.5 patch???
I hope so!!
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6575
I want a yes or no.

Yes EA/Dice are making another patch. We can continue making new ideas.

No There wont be a new patch, so topics like this can be put to rest.

I hate it when they dont give updates to the community.

Last edited by daffytag (2007-02-04 08:41:26)

Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6407|Somersetshire
i don't know if anyone has said this or if it's even possible,

but instead of them making a new map, why don't they make it possible to choose which side plays on each map
(that way you can mix and match em lol)

e.g.
karkand with MEC vs PLA
*InR* Winger
+46|6375|far away
pistol upgrade ftw!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard