Q-5 Fantan5%5% - 2
Don't have a favorite, I like them equally10%10% - 4
None they remind me of gay5%5% - 2
Don't care/don't know cause I'm too cheap to buy AF13%13% - 5
Dougalachi shucks on it7%7% - 3
Total: 38
Phrozenbot
+632|6615|do not disturb

Just curious. I like the Q-5 best because it's cannon > all the others, but the A-10 flys pretty sexy. Frogfoot is fun for dog fighting.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6534|Valhalla
either I'm not too bothered
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center
The Warthog is fucking amazing.

It takes some getting used to since it's a bit trickier to avoid AA using it, but god damn...that thing is a beast.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

A10 will win this since its the American jet
Also because it is very very well known, the others aren't.

But I like them all equally. Although I havent tried the Q5 much yet, since I tend to not bother with jets on Midnight Sun.
Is the cannon really that much different to the others?? I have to say I havent noticed any difference between the 3 jets in terms of their good and bad points. Yes, the Su39 has a slower firing cannon to the A10 - but its a similar situation to the BTR/LAV/WZ11 situation isnt it?

However, my favourites in AF are scout helis Fucking love those things.

Last edited by Snake (2007-02-03 03:55:28)

ryanv12
+10|6342|San Francisco, CA, USA
Where's the F-35 choice?

hm, A-10...and not because it's an American jet

I like the way it handles better and the gun is still effective if you're accurate. The Q-5 does have a better gun, but it handles so poorly that I don't think it's worth it.

Midnight sun is better for flying btw - you can duck out of the way from AA in the mountains. It's a bit tricky in Road Rage since there aren't many places a jet can get away
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

ryanv12 wrote:

Midnight sun is better for flying btw - you can duck out of the way from AA in the mountains. It's a bit tricky in Road Rage since there aren't many places a jet can get away
Get down low around the trees, they lose the lock on. Like you would in a littlebird. Especially around the houses on the east of the map. I find that that works 8/10 times.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6843|Reykjavík, Iceland.
A-10C in Desert Combat > all of them.
Phrozenbot
+632|6615|do not disturb

ThomasMorgan wrote:

The Warthog is fucking amazing.

It takes some getting used to since it's a bit trickier to avoid AA using it, but god damn...that thing is a beast.
It has shit splash damage though. Both the Fantan and Frogfoot have better splash with the cannons. The Frogfoot is too wavey, but the Fantan is nice and steady. Sad thing is the cannons are only a little better than regular BF2 jets, cause other than that, they suck against armor.

What's annoying about the Fantan though is that the bombs drop really slow. And I find tree missiles to be very annoying on Midnight Sun. Comes out of dives pretty crappy.

And nice of you to show up when I was going to bed btw :p

ryanv12 wrote:

The mountains sometimes come in handy, but you can fly low easier than you can go behind some mountain, and that's why I think Road Rage. Release flares, dive, and it should cover your tail from mobile AA. Mobile AA never misses though when you don't have flares, and it's so annoying.
ryanv12
+10|6342|San Francisco, CA, USA
Yeah, I normally just dive low in road rage, but for some reason I still have more success flying in midnight sun. Perhaps it's because I like to fly really high and dive bomb...I usually release the bombs from a higher altitude so that the targets hardly hear me coming before they're dead. Ah well, either way...there's no correct way to fly

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard