Seth Infinite
+3|6740|Houston, The Republic of Texas
Comments please. If you have one is it worth it? I think there are 4 models ranging from US $120 to 360, which one do you have? I currently use an old SB Audigy card.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

It's absolutely worth it. Though I haven't brought myself to give up my Audigy 2 ZS yet, the Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic ($80-$120, depending on where you get it) is an excellent upgrade over the old Audigy. If you want the best, go for the X-Fi Elite Pro, which has the best output of all four X-Fi variants. Don't forget to turn on the Crystalizer.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-01-06 20:36:20)

S4INT05
+1|6731|79605, TX
i was wondering the same thing..but the Fata1ty edition...what's the difference?
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6822
I have the base model X-Fi music extreme or something like that.
Used to use on board sound
Big difference in sound but not sure it is really worth the $ now that I have it.

There are some lag issues with the X-Fi esp with 64 player maps or when it gets pushed to the full 128 voices.

Overall I like it but if you have an old Audigy - it may not be worth it?
Maj.Do
+85|6753|good old CA
i have the xtrememusic 1. works great
D00MSAYER
+5|6683|Austria
i have the "Elite Pro" works perfect
MURPHY-D.
+0|6705
I have the "Platinum".  Incredible gaming sound.
To me, a very noticable difference from my Audigy 2.
When I play with my friends we sit quietly and I identify sound based movements and react accordingly.
They can't hear what I hear.
That's using an old Midland headset.
Sound from my Creative Inspire 5400 speakers is awesome.

My "issues" are not with the card, but BF2's "support" of it...

First... VOIP.
BF2 mutes the mic so EVERYTIME I want to use VIOP I have to 1) load BF2   2) Find the server I want to play   3) ALT/TAB back to the desk top   4) Load the Creative Audio Counsole   5) Select Mic   6) Un-mute the mic   7) ALT/TAB back to BF2.
Like I said... more an annoyance than anything.

The other thing... the "Platinum" and "Fatal1ty" front panel mic input is useless.  You MUST use the mic input on the card (in back of the computer).  According to EA/DICE "BF2 does not support secondary mic inputs".

Personally, I wish I would've dropped the extra money for the additional memory on the Fatal1ty model.

That having been said... you can find the cards reasonably priced on eBay.
Spend the money and get one!
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6806|Portland, OR, USA

Checkout this thread I just made. You may not want to upgrade after trying these beta drivers.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=10023
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Mr_Spork
+2|6742
If the computer is connected to a Hi-Fi system (which acts as a sound card anyway), would getting a X-Fi make a difference?

If so, would it be worth it?
section9
+9|6848|USA
yes it would
=SoG=PredatoR
+3|6758|Austin, Texas
I would say definentaly go for the X-Fi. I have the Extreme Music one with 5.1 speakers and i can honestly hear a difference when I'm running looking up and when I run looking down.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard