washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6682
i've seen people throwing c4 and blowing it up within seconds, but when i throw-rightclick-leftclick, i throw another c4 and mess up everything

is there a special way to do it?
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

I feel ya man. tried getting that dang badge today, never got it. im too slow with the detonator
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6716|The United Center
yes.  there is.
AdamEcks
+1|6672|Canada, Eh.
throw 4 C4 once you spawn. Then when you throw the nest one the detonator is ready within a fraction of a second. If you have 1 C4 left and rapidly click the left mouse button it will detonate quite fast.
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6775|Portland, OR, USA

No, you just gotta learn to time it. I do it all the time.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
AdamEcks
+1|6672|Canada, Eh.
He was complaining about changing to detonater then having it throw another C4, which i know tons of people have happen to them. For me it even happens sometimes when i throw, right click, wait 5 seconds, left click. It's obviously a glitch. Washow mentioned this point exactly, it has little to do with timing because the detonator is clearly out when you left click. The sure fire way to avoid this is to have no more C4 for it to throw out.
w0lder
Suomi-Finland Perkele!
+0|6657|Vantaa, Finland

Viper007Bond wrote:

No, you just gotta learn to time it. I do it all the time.
This is true. Just practise it for few rounds and you should get it.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6654|Espoo, Finland
It would work much better if they sticked that damn detonator in the left hand so we wouldn't need to switch at all...
I think it's all about the tiny lag when playing online, just try it in singleplayer or make your own LAN server and they work wonderfully...

Last edited by Gawwad (2006-01-07 15:39:21)

AdamEcks
+1|6672|Canada, Eh.
Yeah I've noticed this as well, it only fucks up once in a while. But the fact remains, it happens to many people. Even when going slow with C4 it is still possible to throw another C4 when your detonator is out.
Shania
+-2|6696
macros alot use and of course dont want to admit it.
sit0
+1|6678|Halifax, Canada

Gawwad wrote:

It would work much better if they sticked that damn detonator in the left hand so we wouldn't need to switch at all...
I think it's all about the tiny lag when playing online, just try it in singleplayer or make your own LAN server and they work wonderfully...
Exactly!  I've noticed this on single player and couldnt figure out the lag on multi-player.  It's all about timing.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6654|Espoo, Finland
Forgot to say in my first post:
The problem is that when you switch to detonator but it doesn't switch (because of lag) you press again and then it switches back to C4. You can go around the problem by just remembering to only press the button once even if it doensn't switch right away.
_oO.WasTeD.TimE.Oo_
+-1|6693|England
the throw-rightclick-leftclick thing works for me, you have to do it as soon as the c4 hits the ground i think. often it doesn't even switch to the detonator but the c4 still edxplodes anyway.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6654
I actually think the C4 needs a longer detonation timer.  its supposted to be used as a trap, not a close combat, instakill, huge splash weapon.
UnitPhantom
+0|6651
C4 is'nt realy a suitable close range weapon, unless it's a last resort. Use some grenades for clase range combat if your looking to do some explosivce damage to ground units, this is unless you mean for taking out armored VeHICKLES.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6758|Singapore

UnitPhantom wrote:

C4 is'nt realy a suitable close range weapon, unless it's a last resort. Use some grenades for clase range combat if your looking to do some explosivce damage to ground units, this is unless you mean for taking out armored VeHICKLES.
And that is totally out of point.
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6737
i am the sandwich artist
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6679|Charlie One Alpha
make me a sandwich then.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6659
I've seen ppl detonate c4 while the c4 is still in the air. i tried it and the first one i throw almost never blows up in the air.

Last edited by -iLL*NaYmL3sS (2006-01-11 14:09:46)

kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6735|Toronto Canada
u just need to be uber 1337
gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6692|England
Ok then lasses the simplist way to do it is set a C4 key, press the key once then it will send out a C4 press the key again for remote and as soon as it changes to C4 press the key one last time and kaboom you have urself a successful kill good luck soldiers
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6701|Peoria, Illinois
A few of us know how to do it. The problem is that a few of us don't want to share the techniqe. I'm not in a big hurry to join a server where 80% of the players are chucking C4. One or two of them does't bother me. Don't ask, don't tell.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard