Acromos
+2|6289

TrueArchon wrote:

Playing with the most powerful weapons in the game, that happen to be also limited in number, doesn't make you a skilled player.  Hell, at least everyone gets a firearm the moment they pick a kit.  However, not everyone waits to get a tank the moment they spawn in.
See - now you're just using common sense and logic. I don't even think thats allowed by the admins on this board.

Anyways - you're right. I'm not overly concerned about racking up kills, I don't see this as a competition. I play this game because I find it fun to group with a bunch of guys, do our darndest to capture a spawn point - and if we die 1500 times trying, so be it.

I don't have fun killing other players - I have fun fulfilling objectives.

Does that make me a communist???
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6642
The only advice I can give you mate is that you should join a clan. Once you have joined get seome routines going and you should get the team work started in no time. Good luck
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6645
don't join a clan, it's just.. not worth it now. Only a 'fun' clan for friends that just like to play on public servers together
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6778|Anaheim, CA

Come play on our IO Jalalabad server, it's always up and it's fun!  8.6.8.28
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6659

Acromos wrote:

TrueArchon wrote:

Playing with the most powerful weapons in the game, that happen to be also limited in number, doesn't make you a skilled player.  Hell, at least everyone gets a firearm the moment they pick a kit.  However, not everyone waits to get a tank the moment they spawn in.
See - now you're just using common sense and logic. I don't even think thats allowed by the admins on this board.

Anyways - you're right. I'm not overly concerned about racking up kills, I don't see this as a competition. I play this game because I find it fun to group with a bunch of guys, do our darndest to capture a spawn point - and if we die 1500 times trying, so be it.

I don't have fun killing other players - I have fun fulfilling objectives.

Does that make me a communist???
That's what made FarCry a hell of a game.  Objective-based and you didn't care how many times you died.  Suicide runs at the flag with the engineer kit was hell fun.  Snipers took out turret grunts, engineers blew up things, support layed cover fire, assault took flags.

Last edited by Ilocano (2007-01-31 14:26:49)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK

JaggedPanther wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I just refuse to play on any map with jets on it. If a server throws it up on rotation, I unload the map and switch servers.
You are taking it the wrong way. Not all air maps have Ace Pilots. Most of the time they are noobs at the airfield kiilling each other for the God-Mode Jets but as far as Aces on every air map... It's not as profound.

Give them a try, if there is an ace with kills with 50 or 60 kills to 0 Deaths; Then it's time to leave...

I think air to air kills should have 4 points per kill, and .5 points for bombing land troops.  This would make jets what they were intended for.
But how would I know if the dedicated plane-whore is there, if the server springs the air map on me after a round of Sharqi, Mashtuur, or Karkand? How do I know the server isn't half-full of morons waiting patiently in line for a go?
It's easier to Just Say No to jets and leave. Choppers I can deal with, unless the pilot/gunner is extremely skilled. (If one or both are, you don't stand a chance. I've had a gunner pick me off with a single cannon round at speed.) Choppers are powerful, but slow enough to be hit by ground fire.
They also lead to amusing moments, such as one idiot going back to try and cap a flag despite getting an SRAW up the ass every single time and pootling off to repair, or a chopper making a low pass being warded off by the launch of a load of AT rockets from nearly every angle and a virtual rain of bullets.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6659

Skorpy-chan wrote:

They also lead to amusing moments, such as one idiot going back to try and cap a flag despite getting an SRAW up the ass every single time and pootling off to repair, or a chopper making a low pass being warded off by the launch of a load of AT rockets from nearly every angle and a virtual rain of bullets.
Which makes giving the AT kit something like a Stinger that works best against aircraft.  It'll keep the fighters as air-superiority units.  It'll keep the bombers from bombing with impunity.  A hail of stingers would be a sight to see.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6674

TrueArchon wrote:

However, calling other players "wussies" or "fags" because they prefer to play a form of combat that you suck at, makes you a bad player.

To me, hiding in the safety of a cockpit to make all your kills (72% in vehicles) only shows that you're afraid to see how you'd play with the odds stacked against you.  Hence, that's the reason I believe that you don't like IO servers.
I agree with this statement.

If you wait for a vehicle / jet while someone else is using it, you are pathetic for not helping the team, selfish and a coward.

Bennet has no room to talk about skill. His stat's are straight horrible all round. Armor, infantry jets, everything. He "thinks" he's a good player because he went for all of his medals. Which proves he's selfish.

This is how I rank easy modes.

IO karkand medic = the easiest game you can possible play.
Flying Jets = easier then everything but IO karkand medic.  A very needed recources, and a respected trait. But causes alot to pathetic TKing, and wait lines.
IO = easy mode
Karkand = easy map
No attacking UNCAPS = easy rule. Rules make the game easier for those who cannot adapt. Pilots need a safe zone to be able to wait for there jets / helo's. Then they talk about how 1337 they are. Its pathetic.

Play how ever you want to. I play IO and Vanilla. But if you critisize someone for how they play you had better have something to bring to the table, other then awards.

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2007-02-01 08:26:18)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6659

bobroonie.bda wrote:

Play how ever you want to. I play IO and Vanilla. But if you critisize someone for how they play you had better have something to bring to the table, other then awards.
Nice game last night on the Zulu Jalalabad IO server bobtroonie.  I almost got the higher medal that last game I played, but couldn't find anyone to kill before you overtook me.   Used my newer account: PinoyNPA.

Great fun killing the rest of your squad, and then you coming in to kill me.

Last edited by Ilocano (2007-02-02 08:11:12)

xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6721|Louisiana

Acromos wrote:

And ... all the guys thinking I should be playing another game (and I do see how I brought that on myself) - it's BF2 because my mate recommended it, and then I got my GF to buy it too, so now I'm kinda stuck with it.
I suggested you play Project Reality, which is a free mod for BF2. All it will cost you is the download time and the extra hard drive space.

http://www.realitymod.com/
The_Jester
+52|6484|Italy

Ilocano wrote:

It'll keep the bombers from bombing with impunity.
Bombers don't "bomb with impunity". Bombers are 4 flying points if there is a half-decent pilot in the other team.

And I should stay away from bombers, but this is a different topic.

Last edited by The_Jester (2007-02-02 10:34:41)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6659

The_Jester wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

It'll keep the bombers from bombing with impunity.
Bombers don't "bomb with impunity". Bombers are 4 flying points if there is a half-decent pilot in the other team.

And I should stay away from bombers, but this is a different topic.
On many fully loaded 64-Oman's I've seen, they do.   The MEC fighter keeps the F35's at bay, keeping them away from the bomber.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6674

Ilocano wrote:

bobroonie.bda wrote:

Nice game last night on the Zulu Jalalabad IO server bobtroonie.  I almost got the higher medal that last game I played, but couldn't find anyone to kill before you overtook me.   Used my newer account: PinoyNPA.

Great fun killing the rest of your squad, and then you coming in to kill me.
PinoyNPA, support guy right. Yea good games man, I remember checking the scores and seeing I was behind, I was supprised I pulled off the gold that round. Good games bro.
ExquisiteDeth86
is still a BF2 Gunnery Sgt.
+16|6652|H3ITWP

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

infantry only is for wussies.
people that play in IO servers are fags.

if you dont want to be killed by a plane, bomber or armors, then learn to play with them, or play Call of Duty.
anyone remember dan500?the one who thought that all helicopters were his personal copyrighted property?sounds like this guy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard