some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6391

I went to school one day to find an APC and some guys in uniform behind the sport centre.  Apparently it was some cadet thing.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6406|NSW, Australia

police come to my school quite often
LT.Victim
+1,175|6563|British Columbia, Canada
Police?

My school you can do whatever you want, Free block you can walk around the school, go to the mall or anything.

We don't wear ID tags, a cop might come to our school once a month to say hello..

We don't have any problems with people walking in with guns or knifes...

All this with like 2,000 people..

Definitely a prison your going to.

But I guess thats just because I live in Canada.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6542|Winterpeg, Canada
my schools quite small, 600 ish people, grades 6-12. We do pay 3 grand though, but the school is quite high tech for the most part. During free clases (1 hour periods), grades 6-8 must stay on school campus, while 9-12 can do whatever we want.
golgoj4
+51|6775|North Hollywood

11sog_raider wrote:

yeah its an american school, we also have 1 cop there too. im well known in the detention room
man, that sucks. 

high school for me was flashing my student gov badge and going where I wanted. I laughed at security but then I had a gentleman's agreement so to speak with the admins not to be an asshat. But then our school had a student bill of rights and constitution which could only be changed with consent of parents and students on a board.

where is this school? Mine was in L.A...the middle of it. Not some burb (eff u west covina!)
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

LT.Victim wrote:

Police?

My school you can do whatever you want, Free block you can walk around the school, go to the mall or anything.

We don't wear ID tags, a cop might come to our school once a month to say hello..

We don't have any problems with people walking in with guns or knifes...

All this with like 2,000 people..

Definitely a prison your going to.

Same here - this sounds crazy.

The closest we have had is a couple of traffic guards at the beginning of the year to direct traffic.  We have Student ID cards but ive never used mine and rarely even see them except to take out a library book.  My school also has only 1500 kids 9-12 and is far overcrowded.  It is also one of the most populated around.
Therefore the US sucks and Canada rocks

/Waits for insults
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6406|NSW, Australia

my school *and im not being racist im stating facts* is full of muslim children who are so racist its just not funny, and the thing is us decent kids cant stand up to them cause for every one of us theres 5 of them. so naturally they dont know what fair fight is and a 1-1 to them is a 10-1. my school sucks
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6679|Middle of nowhere
lol, i remember once i came to school and a tank was parked outside

seriously

i still don't know why, no one would tell me
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6693|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

my school *and im not being racist im stating facts* is full of muslim children who are so racist its just not funny, and the thing is us decent kids cant stand up to them cause for every one of us theres 5 of them. so naturally they dont know what fair fight is and a 1-1 to them is a 10-1. my school sucks
Not to mention you'd probably get the 'discrimination' card played on you.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6406|NSW, Australia

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

Not to mention you'd probably get the 'discrimination' card played on you.
yep, even the teachers do
Defiance
+438|6672

Try reading and understanding the rules to your school before bitching that you got caught not understanding them.

You know what happens to people in prisons when they do that? They get out early.

Last edited by Defiance (2007-01-28 22:36:53)

TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6369|Netherlands

11sog_raider wrote:

after talking about this too my friends. we came up with the following. my school is a prison.

my school, has a population of 2500 kids 9-12. so you could call it big. So as you could geuss security for our students is number 1. Our school right now has about 9-10 security guards working full time during school hours. These security gaurds started out nice. when our school was issued ID's a while back. they turned into hitler and osama. We (the students) must wear a id around our necks from 7:45:-3:20. we have a plastic case to keep them in. if our ID becomes scratched we must buy a new one for 5 bucks. if we are caught not wearing a ID you automatically recieve 2 hours of detention and you are made to clean up the commons.

At first i didnt mind the rule. Now, our school runs on block scheduling. which has 4 classes a day, each 95 mins long. one day you might have 4 subjects the next youll have a differnt 4 and so on. well if you only take 3 classes a day. that mean you have an open period during the day. now if you have a open period during the day, youre expected to go straight to the commons and sit in there if you have the open period in the middle 2 periods of the day: EX

Block 1: math
      Block 2: open
      Block 3: science
     Block  4: english
now ^^ above, it shows you have block 2 open. now at the time of block two, your are required to go down to the commons and sit for 95 minutes, they normally dont let you get up, talk, draw. just homework. So if you dont have homework, your fucked. Now in my schedule,i have 4th blcok off. so i tend to leave after 3rd. well one day i had to stay for the 4th block. Now technically im done for the day, so i can leave anytime during 4th block. So about halfway through 4th block. im hungry so i decide to leave. well i start heading out, when 2 security guards stop me and tell me i have to stay seated in teh commons or get detention. i tell them im done for the day and im leaving. What do i end up with. detention. so the next day i have the same ordeal. i leave halfawy through by sneaking out. and i have to comeback to take a makeup test after school. so i come back 3 minutes before school gets out. and a security gaurd outside stops me and said i cant enter the building until after school. WTF!!!. so i wait till school gets out. and i head inside to complain,because at this time im pissed. so i head intothe office and start to complain. what do i get. not detention. but a butt chewing.

now i fugred i deserved that. so i recently found out that. during our 3rd block(which is our lunch time) yo uhave to schan in saying that your in the common and not skipping. if you dont you get detention. so i didnt know. so what do i end up with again...detention.
do anyone elses schools do this, or are like this. lemme know, i feel left out of the cool world
Okay dude... While the original purpose is to keep the school save and stuff, that has gone way overboard. You should just be able to leave when you are done for the day and if anyone gets in your face about it you grab your roster, shove it in their face and tell them: "HEY! SEE THIS?! I'M DONE FOR TODAY NOW LET ME THE FUCK OUT!"
And if you have to come back for a test or something and need to get back in the school you repeat that but vice versa.

We used to have security guards at my school but I always plainly ignored em for everything but showing your ID when entering the building. Should they at some point have told me I could not enter or leave I would have got in their face up to a point where they could not do their job anymore. And fuck detention, getting detention for not being allowed to go home after you're done is stupid and I wouldn't even show up and force my way out of the building. Good luck with all that mate.

Tiger
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6475|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
when i was at school, just over a year ago, i had alot of free periods at the same time as my friends, so what we did was go to my friends house which was literally 20 steps away from the school gates and sit in there watch dvds, play on the laptop eat whatever we wanted...of course this wasnt allowed but we never got cought and it was sweet after hard lessons to just relax and watch tv.
if we stayed in school while on a free period we was sposed to either go in the common room or study room, to either do homework, play chess, or listen to the music..no guards...nothing! we even had a laugh with our teachers and ate junk food.
sporadicfire
+6|6312|a shallow grave in karkand
At my High School we some times had armed street cops (not security guards, rent-a-cops or even liasion officers) i mean real cops (about 3 of them, well thats the most i saw in one go) at our school 7am to 5pm some days because of drugs, fights and racial tension. This is in Queensland, Australia so i cant even imagine what its like it the states. 

thanks 11sog_raider for your insight.

sporadicfire.

Last edited by sporadicfire (2007-01-29 04:41:10)

scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6638|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Fuck that. Leave. I would move school straight away.
sporadicfire
+6|6312|a shallow grave in karkand
yeah i did, i completed 11 and 12 at a private school after one kid slit another kids throat with a Stanley knife aka box cutter, fucking not cool. he didnt die.
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6371|Pittsburgh, PA USA
Ya ever since the first big school shooting American schools have been taking security seriously. We had an actual police officer plus an odd number of security guards & once a day they'd bring the dog in & let him run around to see if he smelled anything. It was an open campus though, like a small college, so it was easy to leave if you wanted to (is that too many commas?).
They don't even make the rules anymore, it's done on a national level from what I was told so the not leaving/coming back thing kinda has to stick.

It's lame when your in school & have to deal with it but after you get out you'll realize it's actually kinda cool that your school was so safe. I mean I know that sounds kinda gay but I'm out of school & I was definitely one of the worst kids my school district has ever seen (didn't make it through the first 9 weeks of High School, had to get my G.E.D. elsewhere) but even I can see it's actually a good idea, especially with so many suicidal/homicidal emo kids now

Wanna see what security is really like? Go to school in jail, you can't even get up to take a piss without a guard being called & having them stand behind you the whole time.

*Edit:* btw that dog was a prick, he didn't even like little kids! I mean what dog doesn't like to play with kids? Evil little focker he was.

Last edited by MagikTrik (2007-01-29 05:00:44)

Pice_of_paper
oBy| Back In Business
+28|6463
wow that seem so cruel
too_money2007
+145|6309|Keller, Tx
I went to Elsik H.S. in Houston, Tx. Talk about overcrowded. We had, easily, 6-10k students at our school, and right across the grass field, there was Hastings H.S. with just as many kids.

Anyways, we had security everywhere too. Nothing bad ever happened in my 4 years there, but Hastings had some kid murdered during lunch a few years before I got to H.S. Elsik is a piece of shit, ghetto fking hell hole. I'm glad H.S. is over. I never had problems like you see in most stupid teen movies, but it was just so over run and lame that it wasn't worth my time.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6739

Stealth42o wrote:

You will bitch until some kid shows up with an assault rifle.  Then you will praise them...

So stfu.
And what will the security guards do then?  Give the gun toter a detention?

In that situatio, you can only hope that a cop is there and that he is a good shot...
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6446|Australia.

LT.Victim wrote:

Rofl.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6459|behind my rifle

Sigarms357 wrote:

Stealth42o wrote:

You will bitch until some kid shows up with an assault rifle.  Then you will praise them...

So stfu.
And what will the security guards do then?  Give the gun toter a detention?

In that situatio, you can only hope that a cop is there and that he is a good shot...
i hope he is now that i think of it. meh. off to school now .or...
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6686|Espoo, Finland
I can't belive how badly some countries arrange schools...

Makes me apreciate the finnish schools a lot more!

There isn't much criminal activity here though, and people don't beat each other up in school that much either.
No real need for guards.

Last edited by Gawwad (2007-01-29 12:22:05)

Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6550|EUtopia | Austria
My school:

- 550 students
- no security guards
- no stupid controls
- no one hinders you to leave the school building if you tell the teacher you're going (bringing an allowance afterwards, of course)
- detention forbidden by law
- our teachers treat us like thinking human beings
- Technical drawing teacher carries a knife with him to sharpen pieces of chalk
- noone cares about 'weapons'
- noone has ever been threatened with a weapon

...just the public PCs in the hall get damaged very often (not this year, though), but they're old and there are always some students willing to repair them.

Yeah, sounds like a dream, but isn't always that fun. Though, reading the OPs description, I ought to be glad.
m8v2
Banned
+16|6296
My school is the worst.
Ok we have three Cafes in the school. North Cafe, South Cafe, and Senior Cafe. Theres always at least 2 cops in the each one. The police also have 3 offices for themselves in the school.

When you walk in you have to have a student ID. If you don't have a ID you have to go to another section not connected to the school to get a temporary ID. Once you get the Temp ID you get 2 Days detention. After you get the ID you have to go through one of three main doors all have cops, school security guards, and metal detectors. Now if your caught in school without a ID they will first question you by the police to see if your a student. If you are they give you 2 days suspension for not having a ID while in school.

Now if you come into school late even by a minute you automatically get SASH, 2 and a half hours of detention. If you get 3 lates you get a day suspension. 5 lates you get 2 days suspension. 10 lates, 3 days suspension. And so on. If you miss SASH a day suspension. Now if your caught smoking in school (a high school pastime) you get two days suspension and a $250 fine.

Also random drug testing if your in any sports and clubs. I can understand the drug testing and all but heres where it get annoying and stupid. YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE DRUG TEST OR YOU CANNOT GO TO SCHOOL. If you can't go to school you have to court and go through the legal process. To make it worse teachers can recommend drug test for students. So if your teacher doesn't like you, they can make sure you get a drug test. If you fail they send you to a mandatory rehab program before you can go back to school as well as charge you with some stupid drug charge.

New Jersey Schools suck

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard