san4
The Mas
+311|6841|NYC, a place to live
I want to know what famous names EA has blocked anyone from registering as a BF2 name.

A few days ago I posted a thread with screenshots showing that the BF2 name "GeorgeWBush" is blocked: no one has it but you can't register for it.

I'm wondering what other famous people's names are blocked and I'm hoping everyone can help compile a list. Try to register accounts for the names of a few celebrities, politicians, famous athletes, brand names, etc. If they are blocked, post the results here and I'll keep the list below updated.

How to identify blocked names:
The infamous GeorgeWBush thread has screenshots that show this process, but here it is in words.

First, see if anyone is using the name. Enter the name on the BF2S front page to get stats. If no one has the name, go on to step two.

Second, check to see if you can register for the name. Start up BF2 and click on "manage accounts" on the login screen. On the next screen click on "create account". Try to register for the name. If you can't register for it, the name is blocked. Post it and I'll add it to the list. Here's what I've got so far:

Blocked BF2 Names

1. GeorgeWBush
2. BillClinton (but not HillaryClinton)
3. ThePope
4. DalaiLama
5. JohnHoward
6. BritneySpears
7. Wheaties (but not Cheerios)
8. Panasonic
9. MonicaLewinsky
10. KingGheedora [thanks to ViktorVauhn]
11. StrangerDanger [thanks to XRogerMellieX]

Last edited by san4 (2007-02-04 07:12:56)

specops10-4
+108|6896|In the hills
loll, why the fucking hell would they block these names?  And, this is a huge wast of time....
tnt_dynamite
+3|6894
you wonder why their patches suck so much...they're too busy spending time blocking names.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6547|The Gem Saloon
time for someone to get a new hobby.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6598|Queens, NYC
It could also be possible that they made the name BUT, it has no points! Therefore it wouldn't be on the BF2S database. Or, it could be an offline only account.
san4
The Mas
+311|6841|NYC, a place to live

nonexistentusmc wrote:

It could also be possible that they made the name BUT, it has no points! Therefore it wouldn't be on the BF2S database. Or, it could be an offline only account.
I don't know about offline accounts, but BF2S does list players with zero score. For example, the Butcher of Baghdad's name is blocked: http://bf2s.com/find.php?pid=saddamhussein
VicktorVauhn
+319|6545|Southern California
Strangly enough King Gheedora is blocked.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6475|Orrstrayleea

tnt_dynamite wrote:

you wonder why their patches suck so much...they're too busy spending time blocking names.
get over it, y dont u ,make a better patche
XRogerMellieX
+8|6482
As with all internet usernames, some are never available for any reason at all... just like hotmail addresses.

I couldn't get my usual net tag of strangerdanger when I first signed up, but you'll notice there's no player with that name.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard