Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6781|Toronto | Canada

Total Battlefield 2142 wrote:

It was announced on the in game news feed today that the beta v1.20 patch for Battlefield 2142 will be released for public testing starting Friday, February 2nd. It's also been noted that the patch will work on ranked servers. Along with the news ticker update we have confirmation from Violet over at the official EA forums:

"The Beta of the 1.20 Patch will be available for public testing beginning Friday February 2nd. In this update we have addressed many issues including the Spawn Beacon CTD and Titan exploits."

Check back in tomorrow for more info as well as the download links. Stay tuned!
Yes, it is copied from Total Battlefield 2142.
Brasso
+1,549|6672

Nice, thanks.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6674|Germany
Yippieh....

Ohno, BF2 starts all over again.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6752|Sweden
Finally they will fix the SLSB ctd now i might dare to deploy them more often.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6535|N. Ireland
I've never had the SLSB ctd.. ever
Thoruz
+42|6368|Germany

leetkyle wrote:

same
i hope they fixed the titan lag
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6665|Camp XRay

so whats the point of having a beta if it works on ranked severs?
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6510

leetkyle wrote:

Neither have I. I actually don't CtD much in this game. Haven't in three weeks.
Thoruz
+42|6368|Germany

Marlboroman82 wrote:

so whats the point of having a beta if it works on ranked severs?
don't know
but bf2 1.4 beta (well i only played beta 2) had ranked servers as well (got my first 1000 points there)
i guess they only want people to play the betapatch
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6510
Well I like the way they are holding open betas for their patches now. I mean BF2 1.4 introducted no bugs that people notice, BF2142 1.1 didn't either. 1.3 and 1.05 didn't have open betas and they had major issues. But at least 1.05 got a hotfix in <5 days.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6781|Toronto | Canada

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Well I like the way they are holding open betas for their patches now. I mean BF2 1.4 introducted no bugs that people notice, BF2142 1.1 didn't either. 1.3 and 1.05 didn't have open betas and they had major issues. But at least 1.05 got a hotfix in <5 days.
There are open and closed betas.  I am currently in beta testing for 1.2 and Northern Strike.  I think the closed beta is to solve the large prominent issues and the open one is to find all the smaller ones
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6752|Sweden

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

Neither have I. I actually don't CtD much in this game. Haven't in three weeks.
Hmm i get it plenty nothing annoys me as much in this game, Take a round in Berlin for example you´re PAC and has managed to sneak pass the huge roadblock on first street. You get in position ready to deploy your beacon and BAM watching your desktop.
Brasso
+1,549|6672

Thoruz wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

same
i hope they fixed the titan lag
Me either.  I don't think titan lag will be fixed as it relies on your computer, not the game...
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
ZCaliber
+12|6553|Between Canada and Iowa
So help me, if they take out drone surfing...
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6662|Mhz

Nothing worth fixing TBH, games 99.99% fine for me, apart from the fact Cerb Landing seems to crash while loading all the time for some reason but that's it
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6591|UK

Hasnt it already started?  Two of my mates where on test servers yesterday afternoon on this beta, and said it had been running for a week (well one of them did) :S.

martyn
Clarity
+1|6699
Rebuilt my comp the other day and have been getting a ton of CTD's.  Possibly due to my X-Fi card but haven't had the time to prove that yet.
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6458|Norway | Unkown
CHANGE/FIX LOG:

The Beta of the 1.20 Patch will be available for public testing beginning Friday February 2nd. In this update we have addressed many issues including:

* Fix for Squad Leader Spawn Beacon CTD
* Fix for Titan core exploits
* Code of conduct enforcement enhancements. Players who are found in violation of EA/DICE Rules of Combat will have their account banned
* Adjusted Static AV cross hair alignment to improve accuracy
* Added server side option to disable Titan movement.

Download the Beta and jump into the ranked servers to check out the latest fixes for 2142.

-Your DICE Live Team

http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/b … 20107.aspx

Last edited by SAF.Phaxe (2007-02-01 16:26:20)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6542|so randum
I think you'll like this new beta...
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6662|Mhz

"Code of conduct enforcement enhancements. Players who are found in violation of EA/DICE Rules of Combat will have their account banned"

Yey more ppl being banned for having fun! God forbid admins could just kick these people... NO! Almighty EA has to ban their accounts... What a joke, just piss off EA and let the people run the game for fuck sake.
ZCaliber
+12|6553|Between Canada and Iowa
...That's it? No fixes for getting inside of Titan Geometry?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6542|so randum
Have you ever seen 2142 server rules and regulations enforced? Ive only been kicked once, because of a rule, because i had my [bf2s] tags on, and clan tags were'nt permitted. Stupid reason tbh
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6542|so randum

ZCaliber wrote:

...That's it? No fixes for getting inside of Titan Geometry?
Maybe
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6803|Internet!

PhaxeNor wrote:

* Adjusted Static AV cross hair alignment to improve accuracy
Woot! The Rorsch is even deadlier!
CrimsonFury
+1|6821
That patch change list is incomplete (either that or they dropped alot of changes from the 1.20 closed beta)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard