Bernadictus
+1,055|6735

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

Actually Combat Studios enforces the NDA by removing leakers.
Officially, yes. But in reality, it rarely ever happens. They have no means of connecting random forum accounts to in-game accounts. The same holds true for MMO betas, like WoW's. It is a rule that is merely symbolic, not enforced.

Bernadictus wrote:

This is a private forum, rules have been set. If you don't like them, than that is your problem.
You say you will ban anyone who posts media about the game. There is plenty of legal media from this game available on the official EA site as well as other sites like IGN. I don't understand the reasoning of such a rule.
Im not going to discuss our ways of handling the NDA on this forums, if you want a discussion about it, put it up via PM or start a topic here.
Chappy556
+14|6698
id like to see the magical mushroom unlock that would let me get 3 times bigger and stomp on mech's heads...oh sorry its a little off-topic
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6773|Nova Scotia, Canada

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us about players violating the Non-Disclosure Agreement. I'll be escalating this issue to the Battlefield development team. In the meantime, we would definitely appreciate it if you would remove any posts on forums that you administrate that are in violation of the NDA, and give a warning (insofar as you are able) to the player to discontinue any postings of that nature immediately.

DICE and EA would like to continue to be able to allow Battlefield fans to have a first look at our games before they're released, but if players are systematically violating the NDA, they need to realize they are jeopardizing everyone's access to the beta.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

EA Rep Fenris
Player Relations
Electronic Arts
Fancy Pollux: I like being in the beta testing, I bet Bernadictus does too, and if people could ruin for everyone by posting stuff against the NDA (the 2nd part in bold), I would be quite pissed off. This is why I specifically made a stickied thread in the news section of the forums, telling people not to post stuff against the NDA. People still do, therfore I ban them.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
It's so funny watching people trying to guess the unlocks and being way off.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6525|Singapore

Superior Mind wrote:

quite true
Bernadictus
+1,055|6735

Prodie wrote:

Fancy Pollux: I like being in the beta testing, I bet Bernadictus does too, and if people could ruin for everyone by posting stuff against the NDA (the 2nd part in bold), I would be quite pissed off. This is why I specifically made a stickied thread in the news section of the forums, telling people not to post stuff against the NDA. People still do, therfore I ban them.
Apart from the Teamspeak channels being used to discuss problems instead of the forums, and the constant teamkill punishing: it's great!
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6545|Doncaster, UK
I'm eagerly awaiting someone from combattesting to get back to me so I can get involved with the testing and promptly keep my mouth shut.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6647|Hong Kong

jkohlc wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

quite true
I know everything...MUAHAHAHA!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

I'm eagerly awaiting someone from combattesting to get back to me so I can get involved with the testing and promptly keep my mouth shut.
If you were accepted to the program, go on your user CP, and game codes, and you'll have a code to use on the ea downloader for it
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mosh
+2|6742

Samtheman53 wrote:

ak 101
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6545|Doncaster, UK

fatherted13 wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

If you were accepted to the program, go on your user CP, and game codes, and you'll have a code to use on the ea downloader for it
I got it sorted out last night. Just had to wait for the email reply with my login details and then did the necessary stuff for the key. All downloaded and playing last night
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
nice, good hunting
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6574
Crackdown RPG style unlocks.

A tank approaches you. Dont run, pick the tank up and throw it off the cliff

And super jumps there always cool.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

i'd like, even as an unlock, an anti-medic type device
(a big, flashing "kill the enemy first, or DO NOT RESUSCITATE" sign or w/e)
that works when an enemy is within a radius. stupid medics
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
I love sensible, practical suggestions...
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
GeoEnvi
+22|6685|Philadelphia, PA
I would go absolutely apeshit if they included a "NoobStik" as an "easter egg" unlock in the next expansion pack!  What's a "NoobStik"?  I'm glad you asked!  A NoobStik is any weapon used to smite noobs after bearing witness to their noobish behavior.

- Just tk a guy that ran in front of your Bianchi LMG death-mower? Smack 'em with the NoobStik!
- Having a hard time getting the attention of an oblivious medic/support? Lay down the NoobStik!
- Pissed at the guy who puts the transport heli into a nose-dive and bails at the last second? Find 'em and bash 'em with the NoobStik!

The NoobStik might look like a 2x4 with a rusty nail.  Perhaps it's one of those batons that Sgt. Slaughter and Capt. Harris from Policy Academy carried around with them.  Maybe it's sawed off hockey stick wrappe din electrical tape.  I'd like to think of it as one of those "old-timey gag pistols" that would deploy a little red flag that says "BANG!"; though instead of "BANG!", it says "NOOB!" or "Go Far In Life, Noob!"

(Incidentally, anyone interested in making me a really cool little sig graphic wielding the NoobStik? PM me.)

Last edited by GeoEnvi (2007-02-02 14:49:10)

imortal
+240|6663|Austin, TX

Prodie wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us about players violating the Non-Disclosure Agreement. I'll be escalating this issue to the Battlefield development team. In the meantime, we would definitely appreciate it if you would remove any posts on forums that you administrate that are in violation of the NDA, and give a warning (insofar as you are able) to the player to discontinue any postings of that nature immediately.

DICE and EA would like to continue to be able to allow Battlefield fans to have a first look at our games before they're released, but if players are systematically violating the NDA, they need to realize they are jeopardizing everyone's access to the beta.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

EA Rep Fenris
Player Relations
Electronic Arts
Except that the public beta of the patch is out now, and the unlocks are listed in the beta.  Just go to fileplanet and download patch 1.19(beta).  One you install it, the unlocks are listed in your bfhq, along with their description.  PUBLIC beta.  Does the NDA still apply?
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6759
The NDA doesn't apply with the open beta as you don't have to agree to one when downloading it.
imortal
+240|6663|Austin, TX

Talon wrote:

The NDA doesn't apply with the open beta as you don't have to agree to one when downloading it.
That is what I thought.  I tried posting a list of the unlocks for Northern Strike here after I played with the patch, but my post was admin deleted within 20 minutes.  No NDA for me, but some are still keeping it quiet, and I found out by downloading the public patch beta.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard