Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6344|Australia

ryanv12 wrote:

The way I see it is this: We ideally like to play the game for fun and not to add meaning to our existence. If you do any of those things on the list, so what? "Noobish" is often thrown at tactics that usually prove to be successful.

For me, the stats are a nice personal reward system for a game I would have fun playing anyways. It's not meant for me to feel superior to anyone.
I think this thread is "what have you done to make people call you a n00b", not "you are a n00b if you do these things".

I have bee called a n00b for
-using artillery on the PLA helipad on wake
-going commander
Rookie_Hans
+0|6347|Rotterdam (NL)
- Using ONLY artillery as a commander

Last edited by Rookie_Hans (2007-01-29 05:11:50)

Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6637

gene_pool wrote:

Only thing on that list that makes you a noob is if you use the g36e.
It's noobish to say people are noobs when they use aspect of the game as their advantage. Because someone using something in the game as your advantage is not a noob.
Barrakuda777
+86|6754|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Killing
Dying
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6383
People who use eryx to kill people in IO (Not my opinion)
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6726|th3 unkn0wn

im_in_heaven wrote:

^KoB^Buckles wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

What makes you a noob in this game?

1. Using the g36e
2. Using any vehicle
3. Bunny hopping
4. Proning
5. Flying in a j10
6. Using any unlock
7. Being a medic
8. Using claymores
9. Playing Karkand
10. If you dont play in a league
11. Playing IO

These arent in any order but I thought id point out that this is what makes "people" call you a noob. Id like these people to think about it. Thats bascially 90% of the game. Stop whining  and calling people noobs for everything.  So a quick fix to the people that think doing those things make you noobish is to uninstall then throw out the bf2 cd. Feel free to add things to the list.
Fair point, however, stop whining. Play for your own personal enjoyment and not give a shit about what anyone else thinks.

Personally, I find whiner's more annoying than noobs.
If you had intelligence youd see that this is a post to stop whiners and people calling everyone noobs. Thanks for your contribution.
Isn't saying "Personally, I find whiner's more annoying than noobs." a form of whining in itself? I smell hypocrisy
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6666|Norway
None of those make me a noob in the game

Edit:

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

A lot of clan players do that to practice the anti tank kit, it works to, and It`s very funny!

Last edited by Fredrik (2007-01-29 06:17:08)

falafel
+5|6347
0. Accusing others for being n00bs
ryanv12
+10|6359|San Francisco, CA, USA

Fredrik wrote:

None of those make me a noob in the game

Edit:

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

A lot of clan players do that to practice the anti tank kit, it works to, and It`s very funny!
The good thing about ERYXing infantry is that they can't be revived
[BAC]Gunfire
+28|6384|BeLgIuM
jesus just play the game and don't look after some whiners :p
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6670
some people like to play for skill.. they get their fun out of a good score, a good round, proving themselves. Players beating them using 'lame' methods is annoything for those people who just want to practice and play a fair game against others.

others do anything they can to get a score in the first place. Claymore whores, J-10 whores, etc. juat stat whores who don't get their fun from playing but from seeing their stats every day.

And the rest just play for fun, randomly walking around, doing anything they fancy. when you mix all these people together you get trouble..

I regularly switch between #1/#3, either going for a 50-0 round on karkand, or just strapping 5 packs of C4 to the front of my jeep and suicide bombing the nearest moving object. Both are fun but I have to give or face abuse either way...

It's fun either way, but they really should be separated.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
7h3647h32in6
+0|6740
The only noobs I've seen are the players that aren't smart enough to run when a sniper is shooting at them. Those and the snipers who die in a firefight cause they don't know how to snap-shoot >.<
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6667
STUPID THREAD: Bunnyhopping is a tactic, try playing a scrim or a gather and you will die if you do neither. Strafing works but you have to use a combination.
Prone as well..
7h3647h32in6
+0|6740
How is using a claymore being a noob? It's the sniper's only defense other than his rifle and good ears/eyes.

Noobs are the players who try to knife a sniper without checking their surroundings first.
too_money2007
+145|6326|Keller, Tx
soloing in the helo, though a noob couldn't do it.
arnica
+18|6697|Sydney

im_in_heaven wrote:

^KoB^Buckles wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

What makes you a noob in this game?

1. Using the g36e
2. Using any vehicle
3. Bunny hopping
4. Proning
5. Flying in a j10
6. Using any unlock
7. Being a medic
8. Using claymores
9. Playing Karkand
10. If you dont play in a league
11. Playing IO

These arent in any order but I thought id point out that this is what makes "people" call you a noob. Id like these people to think about it. Thats bascially 90% of the game. Stop whining  and calling people noobs for everything.  So a quick fix to the people that think doing those things make you noobish is to uninstall then throw out the bf2 cd. Feel free to add things to the list.
Fair point, however, stop whining. Play for your own personal enjoyment and not give a shit about what anyone else thinks.

Personally, I find whiner's more annoying than noobs.
If you had intelligence youd see that this is a post to stop whiners and people calling everyone noobs. Thanks for your contribution.
Do you think the whiners give a shit about this?

They're too busy whinning to read this.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6684

Nade spamming more than 4 nades before taking out your gun to assault a flag.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6667

Ilocano wrote:

Have u ever scrimmed?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6684

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Have u ever scrimmed?
Doesn't matter.  It just looks stupid.  For fun fine.  Ranked, no.  Hopping, nades, revives.  Reminds me of those foodfight movie scenes.

Last edited by Ilocano (2007-01-29 13:18:30)

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6667
Great, it looks stupid. Looking stupid obviuosly makes you look like a noob..
Ricerckt93
+69|6670
I didn't see:

TANK WHORING

and

SOLO CHOPPERS
DorForce
+8|6345|Israel
Using the GL
DaVeWaVe
Sponsored by Ready Brek... The Nation's Favourite
+7|6679|Farmland, England
Playing Bf2 Makes Yuo Noob!
DaClown
+2|6560|Germany
It's like everything else in life, the dose makes the poison. Flying a J-10, no problem. But waiting on the chinese airfield on wake, together with 10 other snipers with noob ejectors, only to get the J-10 even if your team loses the round ... yes, that's what I call a noob.

It's the same with tank whores, tv station rapers on sharqi, snipers putting claymore just for points ...
Slickfish
+24|6641
A noob = someone doing something that is widly accepted as easier, and thinking they are uber l33t, G36E, J10's, yeah use them no probs but your not great for owning with them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard