ryanv12
+10|6354|San Francisco, CA, USA

Skorpy-chan wrote:

'No flying/fighting commander!' is understandable; you're not doing your job otherwise. I tend to sit around idle while hiding under a roof while commanding, concentrate on my screen, and actually try and win. It's fun; you get the machiavallian (sp?) satisfaction of watching your blue dots hunt down and kill the red dots you spot for them, the god's eye view of the battlefield, and snuffing out concentrations of red dots with artillery, and watching the bodies fly when zoomed in.
Nothing is more satisfying than catching enemies out in the open with artillery and watching their last frantic moments
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6562|EUtopia | Austria
There are even servers with rules you can't follow.

A little example:

- You must always be in a squad or you will be kicked from the server.
- You must not lock your squad.
- Squad leaders must not fly helicopters.

Odd situation: When there are 3 squads, all full and there are just 2 guys left to fly a chopper - what the hell should they do? Well, we flew that chopper and locked the squad, with the reasonable explanation, so that noone could join us and later on find out he couldn't spawn.
All arguments not valid.

... and this happens on community servers that are controlled by Admins who "just happen" to take over the chopper you lost. Yeah.
xINTERMISSIONx
+71|6570|A dark hole....

=ST6=Phrozenbot wrote:

Snake wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

Rules suck

The only rules that would be on my server would be

No Glitching
No Statpadding
No Haxing teh megahurtz
No Being a smacktard
Exactly. Thats all you need.
And no team switching!
and no gaymoring.....
simmy.uk
+117|6450
These sort of rules are enforced on players who just by chance kill an admin. It's really unfair.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6691|Middle of nowhere

Sarrk wrote:

Rules suck

The only rules that would be on my server would be

No Glitching
No Statpadding
No Haxing teh megahurtz
No Being a smacktard
+ no Commanders in vehicles, i hate when they do that
R0lyP0ly
+161|6666|USA

im_in_heaven wrote:

Server rules should only be  1. No cheating 2. No team killing  3. No glitching  4. No being an asshole
TKing should be allowed:

PLaying Wake Island, me and another grab a Cobra in the last ~15min and get 1st and 2nd overall. Completely owning the PLA chopper. Anyway, some another guy gets in as the pilot (me gunner), and has me (honestly) trying to kill the goddamn UAV!!!!!. I was pissed, and when we invariably died, I Tk'd his stupid ass everytime he got near the Cobra. TKing can save more lives, esp. when it removes retards like this guy from wasting equipment.
ReTox
+100|6512|State of RETOXification

R0lyP0ly wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

Server rules should only be  1. No cheating 2. No team killing  3. No glitching  4. No being an asshole
TKing should be allowed:

PLaying Wake Island, me and another grab a Cobra in the last ~15min and get 1st and 2nd overall. Completely owning the PLA chopper. Anyway, some another guy gets in as the pilot (me gunner), and has me (honestly) trying to kill the goddamn UAV!!!!!. I was pissed, and when we invariably died, I Tk'd his stupid ass everytime he got near the Cobra. TKing can save more lives, esp. when it removes retards like this guy from wasting equipment.
Maybe the six guys under the UAV that got owned would have a different opinion?  Just a thought.
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6514|Houston, TX

R0lyP0ly wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

TKing should be allowed:

That pilot has just as much right to play as you do.  You don't own the game...and it IS just a game.  If you lose a round...so what?  Life goes on.
lbdwag
+0|6400

Hooten-Delta wrote:

I can't remember which server it was tonight but I noticed some rules being listed in chat that caught my eye as the game was progressing. I saw some standard stuff about not camping uncap bases until all flags were taken, which is fine but then came some the following:

First I saw this one that read something like(none of these are exact text, just from memory):  You will be kicked for jihading vehicles.

Hmm, okaaay, whatever. I see nothing wrong with with this tactic at all. It takes a lot of balls and doesn't always work. Hell I've blown myself up a few times doing it.

Then I saw: No claymores/mines at flags. Huh, you can't be serious?. I don't think they enforced it too well because I layed a shitload of claymores at flags just to defy these assholes. Either that or an admin wasn't on, I dunno.

Later I saw the utmost stupid shit to date:  No dropping resupply crates at enemy uncap bases.

Ok, wait let me get this straight. Some brave sob goes spec ops, manages to get to an enemy base unmolested and blows up their UAV trailer and one artillerly. Now all he can expect to do is just sit there and pick his nose till  a support guy comes to give him some ammo? Oh wait, you can't even do that because of the next rule which is:

Only spec-ops are allowed at enemy uncap bases.

LOL! Talk about some pansy ass shit. I guess the admin must play commander all the time and thinks he should be immune to any disruption to his constant artillery barrage.
their next rule is going to be, no gun fire! No grenades, no knifes, no med kits, no talking, and all must not move.
falafel
+5|6343

DonFck wrote:

This is what goes down at the =BBT= -server..

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7493/bbtjr2.jpg

Now that's a lame rule!
that's what i call lame

"oh, he's a BBT member, damn, i have to lay down and play dead"
eh?

lbdwag wrote:

their next rule is going to be, no gun fire! No grenades, no knifes, no med kits, no talking, and all must not move.
don't forget the rule against capturing bases

Last edited by falafel (2007-01-27 13:12:44)

signa
~~~~~
+50|6741|Michigan, USA

DonFck wrote:

Now that's a lame rule!
lol, here's is another |ccc| server rule I saw about a year ago:

https://204.127.198.24/~signa/c4ban.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6667

Seems like the |ccc| server can just create one general rule instead of multiple BS rules: "No use of any strategy whatsoever!"
Skorpy-chan
+127|6358|Twyford, UK

ryanv12 wrote:

Nothing is more satisfying than catching enemies out in the open with artillery and watching their last frantic moments
It seems to be a commonly known thing. Megalomanical enemy commanders are the bane of my existence; if I hang around in the open, boom, solitary red dot blown up. If I hang out with a squad or two, boom, concentration of red dots. Only way I can reliably avoid it is to hang out with a few guys, but not too many.
Nemesis-SBS-
+9|6851|6,000 ft & falling......weeeee
bullshit admins who kick fighting commanders.   one guy created a kick vote as soon as i applyed and accepted , when i laid a few AT Mines and called him a loser for initiating a kick vote so early, he said i was the loser and got kicked/banned.  reason being a fighting commander!!!....DOH!!!!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6667

Yesterday I was in the dA! server and I got kicked for mouthing off to an admin. Sometimes I get real fed up with their BS rules and just have to rant. Only dA! members could use vehicles, the admins would TK for vehicles and you weren't allowed to punish them. Furthermore the admins were just cussing at everyone and acting like complete assholes; every 10 seconds someone was kicked for some BS reason. So knowing I'd get kicked for it, I told them to stop sounding like asshats and maybe people would actually follow their rules. You have been kicked for: ADMIN DECISION: "Don't try my nerves!"
Gravity
Infantry Whore
+37|6853
Lamest rule i have ever seen was the "DO NOT STEAL VEHICLES IN UNCAPS" and it was on kubra, so the usmc can steal the mig, and su? GG....
demois411
+1|6377

MagiCandy wrote:

The server that I think has WAY too many rules is a server run by NBK. Just go on to their server and you'll see.
Is that the server with the "No claymore/c4/at mine 50 feet near a flag"?
Slickfish
+24|6636
I've seen   "If clan member asks for a vehicle you must let them have it".

I got kicked I really did think they meant shoot the clan guy!!

If they want to train lock the server.

As for server rules like No Baserape, If you dont like a servers rules, just don't play on it.
But yeah some rules like the above are worth a mention.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6424|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
on the FMJS server, you,ll get kicked/banned if you punish the clan members for accidental tks.
They also kick you if the don't like your gamertag

I have screenshots of two guys getting kicked/banned for those two violations. I'll upload em when I can get imageshack running again.
adv3rsary
+28|6728
no chopper soloing allowed = lamest rule ever
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6689|respawn screen
I'm not into this but it's a good rule

https://img341.imageshack.us/img341/852/serverrule1yk8.png

Worst rule I've seen: Don't attack the Carrier. Map played: Iron Gator
simmy.uk
+117|6450
no base rape
no tk for vehicles
no hacking/glitching
no foul mouths

all other rules are in a grey area
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6434|California, US
Yeah what the fuck is wrong with car bombing?!
It's a very effective strategy. lol
Smitty5613
+46|6539|Middle of nowhere, California
i was playing at some gulf of oman server, and i got kicked for stealing the MEC mig
arnica
+18|6692|Sydney

DonFck wrote:

Now that's a lame rule!
rofl that takes the cake!!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard