fatmarik
+23|6552|Anywhere i am needed
ok so today i come home from school and try to turn on the pc and it isnt turning on, i press the button it lites sup for half a sec then off again, i dont know what the prob is, i have a feeling maybe its the power supply or the dust inside, here are my specs:
cpu- c2d e6600 2.4ghz x 2 oced to 3.2ghz
mobo- asus p5nsli
ram- 2gb ddr2 667mhz
psu- 400 watts
gfx- nvidia 7900gt

plz help people, it was working fine until today
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6601|New Hampshire, USA
What are you using now?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6710
you oced a 2.4 to a 3.2? thats a ton
Leprechaun56
Proud Infantry Whore
+31|6554|U.S.A
Could be your power supply, mine did tat, turn on and then go off after a few seconds, but then it would not turn on at all. Take a PS out of another computer and try it.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6512|Winterpeg, Canada

SnobbyBoss wrote:

You must've never heard of the core2duo's over clocking capabilities, some guys here have taken it even higher than 3.2.

Back on Topic, check that power supply, 400 is a bit low for an e6600 and a 7900gt. Check around the power supply for anything burnt, or a funny smell. Tha's as much as I can help.
fatmarik
i will try that, this is so weird why was it working for 3 months straight and then it goes off?
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6341|Pittsburgh, PA USA
Have you opened it up recently for any reason at all? There's some power connectors that are really tiny (HDD LED, PWR ON LED, etc) that I barely bumped once when messing around in my computer & it wouldn't turn on. First make sure all your connections are on & tight.

btw 2.4 to 3.2 is alot, I only oc my 2.8 to 3.02

*Edit:* 3 months shouldn't be nearly enough for to have dust problems unless you have your computer inside a bar full of smoke or something like that

*Edit2:* Does it give you enough time to see anything on your screen or does it just turn on & then instantly back off?

Last edited by MagikTrik (2007-01-29 18:13:20)

fatmarik

Jbrar wrote:

SnobbyBoss wrote:

You must've never heard of the core2duo's over clocking capabilities, some guys here have taken it even higher than 3.2.

Back on Topic, check that power supply, 400 is a bit low for an e6600 and a 7900gt. Check around the power supply for anything burnt, or a funny smell. Tha's as much as I can help.
i dont smell anything burnt but i will check it out and go out and buy a new power supply about 550 watts this time just to be on the safe side, if that doesnt help i dont know what will
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6512|Winterpeg, Canada
Find a tech shop and have them take a look at it. Don't let them do anything unless you feel it's totally nescessary otherwise they'll be charging you for extra shit you don't need.
fatmarik

MagikTrik wrote:

Have you opened it up recently for any reason at all? There's some power connectors that are really tiny (HDD LED, PWR ON LED, etc) that I barely bumped once when messing around in my computer & it wouldn't turn on. First make sure all your connections are on & tight.
i checked the wires and they are fitted in all fine, so it probably is the power supply
MagikTrik
Do you know where your CMOS battery is or your jumper cap is? It's worth a try & won't hurt anything.
fatmarik

Jbrar wrote:

Find a tech shop and have them take a look at it. Don't let them do anything unless you feel it's totally nescessary otherwise they'll be charging you for extra shit you don't need.
yeah theres a pcclub near me and i will check it out, thanks for ur help guys
fatmarik
and no it doesnt give me time to see the screen as soon as i press the power button i see it lite it for half a sec and then off again. maybe lack of power supply
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida

fatmarik wrote:

ok so today i come home from school and try to turn on the pc and it isnt turning on, i press the button it lites sup for half a sec then off again, i dont know what the prob is, i have a feeling maybe its the power supply or the dust inside, here are my specs:
mobo- asus p5nsli
ram- 2gb ddr2 667mhz
psu- 400 watts
gfx- nvidia 7900gt

go to a real tech site. your problem doesnt need oppinions, it needs answeres
15 more years! 15 more years!
fatmarik
yeah true but i want to make sure just in case before i go that i am not spending money on useless shit
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6612|Deep In The South Of Texas

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

fatmarik wrote:

mobo- asus p5nsli
ram- 2gb ddr2 667mhz
psu- 400 watts
gfx- nvidia 7900gt

Yes, because no one on the internet knows anything, it's all just opinions.

An informed opinion might save him time and money when he takes it to a shop, or eliminate that need entirely.

I'm betting its a dead PSU. 400W is the minimum for that card, and if it's a low quality unit that just makes things worse.
MagikTrik

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

These guys told me how to fix my new computer when it wouldn't boot & I talked to Alienware tech support for 4 hours & they couldn't tell me what was wrong. BF2s Tech section = win.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard