Afrika_18
+26|6559
Just curious.  Unlocked it last night, but havn't had a chance to try it out yet.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6860|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Depends on who you are up against, some people never notice, but the more skilled ones can always hear that little buzz.

Since patch 1.10 you are quite invisible though.
Afrika_18
+26|6559
isn't there a support unlock that detects them?
wodstlk
+2|6396
ya, i always see you guys, a bit harder to hit though
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6510|N. Ireland
Yes there is, and I unlocked that today. Very handy.

As for the camouflage, I once managed to get through a titan corridor to the a heavily guarded console. I mean we're talking several sentries (dodged them), and demopaks galore!

I managed to blow up the console, 3 people.. and.. myself..
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6860|Reykjavík, Iceland.

leetkyle wrote:

Yes there is, and I unlocked that today. Very handy.

As for the camouflage, I once managed to get through a titan corridor to the a heavily guarded console. I mean we're talking several sentries (dodged them), and demopaks galore!

I managed to blow up the console, 3 people.. and.. myself..
So satisfying when you manage to do that!
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6712|UK
No you can see them a mile away
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6510|N. Ireland
tell me
BrknPhoenix
+5|6340
It depends on the map and who you are up against.  I got it as a field upgrade on saturday and the first game I used it I got 10 knife kills IAR, getting my Collectors Badge Bronze and and Collectors Pin.  I unlocked it for real on Sunday and three rounds in a row on Fall of Berlin I was horribly owned left and right and every which way.
Buzerk1
+44|6853
Mmmmmm camo over RDX/APM.... I always pick RDX/APM... now that I'm General, I may play with it a bit more to get more dog tags
Kratos Aurion
+36|6659|Sweden
It's pretty good, a lot of people don't see you. I wouldn't recommend you to just run through open areas just because you're invisible.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6517|so randum
Very effective, as long as you still remember to stick to shadows and cover, cause you're still 10% visible
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Zukabazuka
+23|6702

Samtheman53 wrote:

More than 20-30m or more and you are practical invisible. Only ones who can se you during those times is either UAV or Support with netbattle helm
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6485
It is good if you are sneaking past people at mid-long range. After 40 meters you are completely invisable and at 15-39 meters you are still damn hard to see.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6712|UK

Zukabazuka wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

More than 20-30m or more and you are practical invisible. Only ones who can se you during those times is either UAV or Support with netbattle helm
all kits have netbat u mean the little shitty thing.

anyway its easy to see ppl wiv camo on, snipers in bf2 are more camouflaged
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6422|NSW, Australia

i like i just dont use it much
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6727|Sweden
Find it very situational yet it´s fun to play around with at times.
Zukabazuka
+23|6702

Samtheman53 wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

all kits have netbat u mean the little shitty thing.

anyway its easy to see ppl wiv camo on, snipers in bf2 are more camouflaged
True but they detect different things, Support detect cloaked a lot better or more likely withing 20m and you willl see him.
psH
Banned
+217|6400|Sydney
When i played 2142, i only played recon, and when i did, whenever i was moving i had camo on. I only took it off for recharging and when i had to pwn.
Sambuccashake
+126|6627|Sweden
It's nice on Gibraltar if you use it to sneak around the front lines and engage the solid wall of defenders from the rear. Have taken quite a few dog tags this way.
crashmctavish
Liquidat0r's Neuro Surgeon.....
+4|6458|uk
cerbere landing, control center flag, getting upstairs and wiping out snipers overlooking the roadblock from behind. easy to do when invisible.
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6411|Evilsville
I prefer to take APM's and RDX with me instead of camo.
Much more usefull to me.
zeidmaan
+234|6432|Vienna

It also depends on your Graphics Settings. SOme of you with kickass computers dont know but if you have "Terrain" and "Details" set to low, it will be alot harder to spot them. I have it on low
Afrika_18
+26|6559
I tried it out last night and it was cool; as long as I stuck to the shadows and didn't get cocky, I was pretty much invisible.  My plan was to start collecting tags, but knifing someone in this game is a whole other thing.  In BF2 you could just go up to them and do it.  In 2142, things are fucked up as far as knifing is concerned.  Is it a bug, or is there a certain spot you have to aim for?   Anyway, after getting owned by 4 guys in a row that I snuck up on and couldn't hit them even though I was right behind them, I finally gave up trying to knife them, and just whipped out my pistol for a quick shot to the head.  Anyone got any knife tips?
Slickfish
+24|6640
It can be good, but the buzz gives it away if you get close to enemy's, and yeah it's not impossible to see you so try to stick with some kind of cover as well.

It can be good for getting away from walkers etc

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard