JovesApples
+4|6423|USA
i seen this last night and didn't see it addressed yet in the forum.

a new ticker says that https://www.combattesting.com/ is hosting the beta, and go there to sign up.

when i went there, its sadly an invite only situation

but it does say they are currently testing 2142 "Patch1.2+Boosterpack" (this also supports my belief that NS is gonna distribute maps in a patch)

is NS due in February or March?

discuss

Last edited by JovesApples (2007-01-26 03:23:36)

DJStoney69
+4|6505|New Jersey
The patch is being released cause it needs to coincide with the vanilla 2142. Like the boosters that were released for bf2 there was a patch released before the booster was released. To get an invite you have to do the following.

If you’re interested in taking part of this exclusive club then send an email to [email protected] with a summary of yourself, and why you should be included in combat testing.

Someone doesnt PM you.

Its due in march.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

yeah, too bad its invite only. if anyone has invites, feel free to send me one.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
DJStoney69
+4|6505|New Jersey
you have to email combat testing and tell them about yourself to get an invite.
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

They have a screeninig process to try to eliminate all the kids that would flood the forums with "it should be free", "dont nerf anything", "EA sux my bollox" etc. So if you are one of them your best bet is to make up a story about yourself. Say that you are..... mature
Than hope for an invite.
Dr_Paulos236
+41|6365|England
When it says 'screename' does this mean your ingame name? This is on the screen on which you apply for the beta

Many thanks!
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

I believe you are supposed to send a mail to them.
And appently testing will be done on ranked servers and stats wont be wiped. So you better pray hard for that invite.
edit: by screenname I believe you should give your bf2142 name. Maybe they will check you stats

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-01-27 08:43:24)

Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6744|Nova Scotia, Canada

If you happen to know anybody in combat testing, ask them for an invite. We all have 10 invites to give away, but we're only supposed to give them to trusted people.

Also, if you like to bitch about EA, lag, glitches, or in general just complain.....don't even think of signing up.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

the combat testing website wrote:

Finished testing: BF2 v1.3
Finally we know who was behind 1.3!
Bernadictus
+1,055|6707

Im already in, but not giving out any invites to 10 year olds, I do wish to remember any one else here that it is vital to RESPECT the rules set by Combat Studios concerning the NS Beta.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6786|Belgium

Bernadictus wrote:

Im already in, but not giving out any invites to 10 year olds, I do wish to remember any one else here that it is vital to RESPECT the rules set by Combat Studios concerning the NS Beta.
You are? With what nickname are you playing? I was starting to wonder if any BF2s community members were in the beta testing.
But I think it's too late for more ppl to join, no?

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2007-01-29 02:01:40)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center
Prodie and Bannadictus should both send me invites.

...and then I can choose whose to use.  It'll be like choosing which of your children is your favorite.

...on another note..."choose whose to use"?  That's too much rhyming.
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

I dont think its too late since I just got the mail that I was accepted. And I didnt get invited by anyone. I just send a mature mail to the specified adress with my details and stuff.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6704|Singapore
Why is it a booster pack and not some thing like bf2:SF? I bet after like 3 months, its gonna be empty:p
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6786|Belgium

Ayumiz wrote:

Why is it a booster pack and not some thing like bf2:SF? I bet after like 3 months, its gonna be empty:p
'cause a booster pack will be integrated into BF2142, and not a 'completely' different game like SF.
So it actually can't really go empty either.. The only thing that could happen is that the maps won't get played at all.. Which is very unlikely..
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6538

D34TH_D34L3R wrote:

The only thing that could happen is that the maps won't get played at all.. Which is very unlikely..
BF2 is and was way more popular than 2142 ever will be and both BF2 Boosterpacks died pretty fast, why do you think the 2142 Booster will survive longer? ;(
Afrika_18
+26|6512
I got invited and after two days playing I can tell you that 87h2lh78dhhlknk  3727lkkkkkkkkkkhdnla;u       uidhaa;;;;hjk .....
Zukabazuka
+23|6655

fierce wrote:

D34TH_D34L3R wrote:

The only thing that could happen is that the maps won't get played at all.. Which is very unlikely..
BF2 is and was way more popular than 2142 ever will be and both BF2 Boosterpacks died pretty fast, why do you think the 2142 Booster will survive longer? ;(
We get new unlocks badges, ribbon and the unlocks can be used on the normal BF2142 maps
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Zukabazuka wrote:

fierce wrote:

D34TH_D34L3R wrote:

We get new unlocks badges, ribbon and the unlocks can be used on the normal BF2142 maps
I won't violate the NDA (even though I'm not in the beta) by talking specifics - but some of those unlocks - I mean, seriously. They could be more overpowering than the PKM Sniper.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6732|Oregon, USA
Yea, I myself am also in, and all I'm going to say, is this booster is alot better than most people think it's going to be. So just chill, wait a few months, and if you get a friend who is already in give you an invite, well, enjoi.
Afrika_18
+26|6512

77th|Christensen wrote:

Yea, I myself am also in, and all I'm going to say, is this booster is alot better than most people think it's going to be. So just chill, wait a few months, and if you get a friend who is already in give you an invite, well, enjoi.
He's right.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

77th|Christensen wrote:

Did you need an interview and such to get in?  I'm applying now and it says i need an interview to get in.
DJStoney69
+4|6505|New Jersey
I am in as well sent out 3 invites to friends of mine. But thats all your getting out of me. Dont bash something you dont know about.
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6732|Oregon, USA

Winston_Churchill wrote:

77th|Christensen wrote:

Did you need an interview and such to get in?  I'm applying now and it says i need an interview to get in.
You need to send an email telling them about yourself. And most of the time, you need to be over 16.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6665|UK
YAY IM IN!

and im 15 (lie!!)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard