{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn

ilyandor wrote:

THIS IS A BUG/OVERSIGHT, clearly. I was killed like 4 times from a good 6-8 feet (2m) away with shock paddles.

AND REMEMBER = electricity travels through air, if you are in EAland...

BF2 name: RuSsIaN22iLyA
Says it all really.

Plus you just had to include your BF2 name when you already have a link to your stats profile. Nah m8, we're thick. Attention seeker alert!
Esker
+1|6697
I'm just curious but what exactly are we meant to be learning from you?

For the record the person didn't shock the vehicle itself to kill you, he would have had to jump up and shock you. You can knife gunners by doing this aswell, I've done it myself with both paddles and knife so I know it can be done.

Still, it must be quite embarrasing to get owned by a bunch of shock paddlers haha...
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

Who. Cares.
vonSteuben
+3|6672|Essen - Germany

sting_like_a_bee wrote:

vonSteuben wrote:

Just wondering, but wouldn't the Hummer work as a Faraday cage?
Not if he broke the "shell" that the car was providing.  By exposing the his body at the gunners position on top of the humvee the electrical field around the vehicle would have contacted his body.  Just as if your car got hit by lightning and you put your hand out the window.  Just basic physics...
Right, forgot about the part that he was sticking out as gunner, being kind like a lightning rod.

So if I see a medic with paddles coming for my car I better hop into the driving seat and run him over, being protected by the than again working Faraday cage

See ya.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6698|Honolulu, HI
LMAO, almost spit out my mouthful of Coke when I read "Faraday cage" in this thread...maybe not the two LEAST likely words I'd ever read on a Battlefield 2 forum, but definitely up there.

Uh...guess I have to say something relevant to the original topic now?  Ok, I've noticed that shock paddles are able to revive teammates from a distance of 1 m or so, or maybe a little more.  Not sure if it'd work at a similar distance when used as a weapon, but I'd assume so.  (Thus contrary to what the dolphin-diving medics I see might think, you don't need to be prone and intimately close to a downed comrade to revive him, just reasonably near.)
Sluggit
+3|6688|Sweden
It's a very good way to defend against someone trying to knife you!

Bring up you shock paddles and backup quickly, press spacebar and then Z (stretch out in the air) and you reach (Shock) but the other guy cannot reach you, and the guy sitting at that other computer, well guess if he is swearing, he, he……….

Happy New bf2 Year!!
dukel33to
Begorrah!
+2|6665|Birmingham, UK
In the event that a "Flame award" is created for this site, this thread could win it i reckon...
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6716|Somewhere in NYC
Hahaha This thread is hilarious! I don't really care about realism because IT IS A GAME!

Game: A game is a recreational activity involving one or more players. This can be defined by A) a goal that the players try to reach, B) some set of rules that determines what the players can or can not do. Games are played primarily for entertainment or enjoyment, but may also serve an educational or simulational role.

I guess the rules EA set for us included shock paddles zapping someone in a Humvee? Exploit or not. It's there, USE IT!
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn

Esker wrote:

I'm just curious but what exactly are we meant to be learning from you?
Lol, that's wot I wos wondering too. Maybe he's trying to give us a crash course in Quantum Physics? But looking at RuSsIaN22iLyA's stats http://bf2s.com/player/RuSsIaN22iLyA/ HE'S the one who ought to LEARN how to shoot properly before bitching.

His stats are the MOST appalling I've seen in a long, long time. With figures like I'm not surprised they had fun shock-paddling his sorry arse. In fact I've seen girls shoot much better than him. Now that's "shocking"! haha

And to quote ilyandor/RuSsIaN22iLyA: NOOBS IN GAME, NOOBS IN LIFE

Talk about the irony when he called me a noob. Wot a wanker

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2006-01-06 09:25:28)

wlater12
+0|6665
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn

s4vior6 wrote:

Hahaha This thread is hilarious! I don't really care about realism because IT IS A GAME!

Game: A game is a recreational activity involving one or more players. This can be defined by A) a goal that the players try to reach, B) some set of rules that determines what the players can or can not do. Games are played primarily for entertainment or enjoyment, but may also serve an educational or simulational role.

I guess the rules EA set for us included shock paddles zapping someone in a Humvee? Exploit or not. It's there, USE IT!
Agreed. Well said m8. Now s4vior6 here is someone who accepts the game for wot it is and talks more common sense than quite a lot of those who bitch about insignificant bugs/flaws in the game. As long as the bugs/flaws don't have a serious negative impact on the way the game works then why bother complaining?

Haven't those who moan got better things to do like circumventing/adapting the flaw(s) to their advantage? There is no such thing as a perfect game that mimics/simulates real life to the smallest detail. If there wos then computer game programmers would be gods.
RDMC_old
+0|6706|Almere, Holland
I feel ya.. but you have to know that shootin a medic is very simpel.. i also revive by dolvin divin to my dead m8.. why? because i jumped for like 4 meters (12 feet) to the dead dude.. so he has more change of survin and about killin an person with shock paddles.. man that so cool =-) i killed an machine gunner like that =-) but to get back to yur post: these medics are busy with you! they only care about reviving.. so my tip to you: noob tube the guys.. blast them with c4! they dont give a **** about you! they only care about their dead teammate..so keep killin teammates and they are happy
RDMC_old
+0|6706|Almere, Holland

Pineapple_Pez wrote:

I hate bastards that exploit the game like that.  Thats not how its supposed to be played.
explain me whats the exploit? killin with ur shock paddles?
FeloniousMonk
+0|6705

ilyandor wrote:

OK M8, IF YOU WERE TO GET THE SHOCK PADDLES UP TO A CAR THAT IS MADE OF METAL, UNLIKE THAT OF A HUMVEE WHICH IS FIBREGLASS HOODED ETC, BUT SUPPOSE IN BF2 ITS ALL METAL, ANYWAYS === THERE WOULD BE A SHORT CIRCUIT, AND YOUR DEFIBRILLATOR WOULD FRY. AND AS FOR LIGHTNING, THAT ALSO HAS A REASON TO TRAVEL, UNLIKE FROM SHOCK PADDLE TO PERSON.

GO BACK TO HIGHSCHOOL AND RETAKE PHYSICS, M8....LIGHTNING, LOL.
NOOBS IN GAME, NOOBS IN LIFE
Humvee bodies are aluminum so I don't understand why you think a fiberglass hood would make any bit of difference. Also, the defib wouldn't short circuit on a car's body.

Last edited by FeloniousMonk (2006-01-06 12:14:55)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

Err. Right.
MB.nZ
+86|6744|New Zealand

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

With figures like I'm not surprised they had fun shock-paddling his sorry arse.
Lol Nice one m8.
OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6806

polarbearz wrote:

Who. Cares.
I'd really like to repeat that :

Who. Cares.

!!!
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn

OholibaH wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

Who. Cares.
I'd really like to repeat that :

Who. Cares.

!!!
You and Polarbearz both care. Why else did both of you take time out to read wot's on this thread and even make a post?

PWNED!

If you DARE post a reply it shows you care OK!
ilyandor
+31|6659|Phoenix, AZ
ok. As a close. I started this thread, in good faith to bring to light something funny and/or starnge. But what i got was a bunch of fcuking stupid, childish sihtty replies bitching about me, my lack of skill, my posting siht, me bing a noob, a bunch of nerdy flames. All i wanted was to post something which would make a few NICE people chuckle. An here comes HMS sir del boy, the english twat, fcuking flaming me and pulling up my stats to tell everyone i'm a noob.

yeah, m8, unlike you, who probably pitched a tent to wait in line for the game to be in stores, i only bought it recently (Dec. 13th, 2005)...so my stats aren't as good as BlaZin.Uk's so if you want to compare yourself to someone, dont do it with me, but to the No.1 of the world.

So to all the NICE people who replied to my post in a NICE way; THANKS FOR BEING MATURE.
And to all the ASSHOLES who only post Siht so they can boost their skinny little nerdy ego and flame someone: GO BACK TO KINDERGARTEN

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard