.:silent-liquids:.
+13|6692
when i play sniper i am so pissed off that i can't get to a certain ledge i want, not many people play sniper and i don't think it would be unfiar to just give the snipers both and G-hook and a zip line what do u think ??
dracul
+2|6814
not many people play sniper
No.
If they had both, or even just a g-hook, everyone would play sniper.

FFS, just get a friend to play assault or anti tank.
-|V2^Fraggus
+0|6713|Belgium
And a jet pack and an invisiblity cloak so they can hunt chopper pilots to  ???  now wouldn't that be nice
.:silent-liquids:.
+13|6692
i disagree dracul sinper is a hard class to play. ur average bf2 noob wont go near a sniper rifle and its fairly hard to use waiting all that time for the dunbass to stand still and get the HEADSHOT ! i feel giving the sniper a G-hook would enable the sniper more fexiblity and give him a fair chance agasinst others
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6819
Dude, sniping is piss. If you can grab your dick in the dark you can get headshots in BF2
papagolf
+0|6702

.:silent-liquids:. wrote:

i disagree dracul sinper is a hard class to play. ur average bf2 noob wont go near a sniper rifle and its fairly hard to use waiting all that time for the dunbass to stand still and get the HEADSHOT ! i feel giving the sniper a G-hook would enable the sniper more fexiblity and give him a fair chance agasinst others
I have to echo those sentiments.  With a piss poor pistol to pack up the sniper rifle (which, may I add, should have crosshairs while in transit) it does feel like we're more vulnerable than others.
sragoot
+3|6741
What ever greeni snipping takes hella skill to perform, i bet you have some performance issues when it comes to snipping and grabing yourself in the dark . But to get back on track im all for the grapling hook and the zipline added to bf2 vanilla, man i know places in each map that i would love to go to with out a heli to take me their, that would so put a whole new frontier out there for snipers not to mention whole new tactics. Yeah people who hate snipers because they dont have the testicular fortitude or skill to chose who lives or who dies are just envious. I've sacrifised kills per minute to be a devote sniper, you haters discuss me :p
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6765|Rotherham, England
Whoever says sniping in bf2 is talking bullshit imo. If this was the case how come patch 1.2 will make the sniper rifle more accurate?? and you can't honestly tell me that anyone has ever received a gold medal playing solely as  sniper (using the rifle and pistol) after playing a full round, can you???
sragoot
+3|6741

mjw wrote:

Whoever says sniping in bf2 is talking bullshit imo. If this was the case how come patch 1.2 will make the sniper rifle more accurate?? and you can't honestly tell me that anyone has ever received a gold medal playing solely as  sniper (using the rifle and pistol) after playing a full round, can you???
It seems like you dont get it man... for me snipping isnt about going for the gold and yes on many occasion i have recieved the gold while being a sniper but for me its the satisfaction killing that person with out that person knowing his about to die. Its pure bless thats just me, i dont know some people get it some people dont.

Last edited by sragoot (2006-01-06 05:12:24)

-|V2^Fraggus
+0|6713|Belgium

mjw wrote:

and you can't honestly tell me that anyone has ever received a gold medal playing solely as  sniper (using the rifle and pistol) after playing a full round, can you???
this does happen, in very few occasions if you add claymore  ussage to the arsanal. If though sniper isnt really my favo class i already did manage that a couple of times.  Depends on the map and number op players.
mycatsdied
+1|6798
Your crazy the last thing SF needs is more snipers or more reasons to be a sniper. Sometimes when im playin ghost or warlord I feel like there are more snipers than people actually trying to take flags. I remember hitting tab and counting the snipers and I had 9 out of 16 on my team were snipers. What do you know we got our ass kicked. Even when we were pinned in our main only on of them tried to get a flag. They should only let a certain number of people play the sniper class on each team instead of giving them a g hook , zipline, 007 golden gun, aimbot, 56 claymores and .....

wait forget the g hook and the zipline lets just give snipers a teleport machine that can move them anywhere on the map in an instant.
-|V2^Fraggus
+0|6713|Belgium

mycatsdied wrote:

I remember hitting tab and counting the snipers and I had 9 out of 16 on my team were snipers..
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL , with that much snipers i'd disconnect instantly , a loss garanteed  against al those nuub tuub pussy's .
(9)Kermit
Teh Milho
+0|6770|Sumter SC

mjw wrote:

I refer you to my other account http://www.bf2s.com/player/58853674/ I have just started using (9)Mushroom because I wanted a dedicated sniper account, while I have used the helo at times, there were a few rounds that I got gold while just being sniper.
chavr
+0|6697

mjw wrote:

I've done it once or twice.  I had a 32 kill streak in karkand once as MEC using the M95.  Managed to crawl up to a bush on the USMC side of the train wreck and emptied the M95, nades, claymore and was down to my last mag of pistol ammo before they finally saw me.  It was point blank headshot city.  I think I pulled it off on mashtuur once also, but it's alot harder to do there because my favorite sniping spot rarely gets a crate to reload and I usually end up out of ammo.  The main key to getting a medal as a sniper is for there to be fairly even teams where no one person whores it up.  Then you need to have a good flow of enemy so you have a chance at a good K/D.  I've pulled off rounds where I sniped 20-25 enemy and took no deaths, but I'll get beat out by an armor whore or something for one of the top 3 spots.
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6710
Sniping is easy if you do it right personally i suck at it lol but ive seen guys do it like they were born sniping in BF2
dracul
+2|6814
sniping is my second or 3rd fav. class
( my stats skew assault rifles cause I play both medic and assault occasionally)

Snipers don't rack up the kills, but they are a strategic resource.
Even a casual sniper can find a good lookout and make sure that every enemy sprinting back to the main fight does it at 2 bars of health, or dies outright.

Best method? 2 snipers working together can pretty much RUIN an enemy teams chances of winning by pinning down entire flags until backup can arrive.

If you think snipers are underpowered, you don't know how to snipe.
Only fixes for the sniper class id like? replace the painted tree branches being used as cross-hairs for the m95.

imho, chinese sniper rifle has best sights. m24 second, and svd/m95 tied for last.
chavr
+0|6697
Back to the topic.  I'd like to see G hooks for vanilla BF2... the zip lines I can do without because I prefer to stay in one spot and not move around.  Sure you'd have snipers in out of the way spots... but that's the entire point of sniping.

There is always a give and take with sniping.  Get a spot with good visibility and you are very visible to counter sniping.  Pick a spot with limited chance of taking incoming fire and you limit your ability to find good shots.  So let snipers go where they will.  The better the spot the more likely someone is to see you.  The really good snipers will find spots out of the way that people don't think to look, but not everyone is a good sniper.

As for changes to sniper class.  I'd like to see some more accuracy out of the M24.  Pisses me off when I know a guy is in range, put the crosshairs on him and watch the round strike high.  WTF!  I'd also like to stop having the damn reloading animation.  I own bolt rifles.  I've shot a long action 7mm Mag without ever moving my eyes out of the scope.  The M24 is a short action .308 and I've never seen anyone pull away simply to jack the bolt.  Then there is teh annoying part where you click to pull the scope up, it doesn't move, so you click again and it brings up teh scope and instantly drops it back down.  It'd be nice to get a different pistol as well.  How about a silenced Mk23 instead of the 9mm POS.  Even with a bit more oomph no one will ever accuse a sniper of being overpowered at close range.

Last edited by chavr (2006-01-06 16:21:30)

0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6773|Arizona
Snipers are fine just the way they are.  It would kinda be like...giving them more advantage.  K...give them the stuff so they can get hard to reach places noone else can get to?  Eh...reminds me of my DAoC days when certain races overpowered others...and everyone wanted to be the overpowered races and classes so everythin was unbalanced, and the game lost it's fun factor.  Snipers are just fine, they can already take out infantry with one carefully placed shot...make them more untouchable by placin them where they cant be touched...I don't like.   Just my 2 cents.
TC><Injecter
+4|6834|Berlin, Germany
@sragoot: The good old mwahahahaha feeling

@Topic: I think its would be cool to give the sniper g-hook and take away zip line... (I personally think the zipline is in 90% of all situations useless).

Last edited by TC><Injecter (2006-01-06 16:30:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard