krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6788|Great Brown North
cool:D i like stuff like this, it's neat.
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6585|Arlen, Texas
The original fossil fish....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coelacanth
Karnall
+8|6544|Hampshire, UK
https://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/fishfacts/images/pmicrohd2.jpg
Blobfish, lol.
kinglufc
+6|6496
TBH a fossil is a dead thing...this is alive in the deep blue see you nuggie so if i was you please change the name of this post...
IsaacLeavitt
+24|6359

ShoopDaWhoop wrote:

am I the only one that thinks "living fossil" sounds slightly oxymoronic?
no i think so too... BTW this is good proof that Evolution is BUNK!!!
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6772|mansfield
my granma is a living fossil
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6516|Bournemouth, South England
Ugly lookin bugger, wouldn't be surprised if the Japs ate it after it died....
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6725|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
There was an article that went along with this video on yahoo.  Apparently it was swimming near the surface when it was spotted, so I think it's safe to say that it was going to die anyways...still at least we go to get some decent shots of the living thing.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6664|The View From The Afternoon
Wow! A new rare animal that has never been discovered before! Let's take a couple o' pics to show this magnificent creature to the world. Or even better, let's kill it and make sushi out of it!
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6538|Boston, MA

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!! Underwater Hydralisk!!!!!
Actually it's an Itchyosaurus, get it straight.

That thing really does look like the Itchyosaurus from Half Life though, if it just had more stuff on its face, it would look just like it.

And I saw this on tv this morning, looks pretty cool. It's always nice to see some new kind of fish discovered. Some of those fish from that huge tsunami were insane.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6670|Groningen, The Netherlands

Smoke_Deez wrote:

ShoopDaWhoop wrote:

am I the only one that thinks "living fossil" sounds slightly oxymoronic?
/agree, although the first picture I saw of it made it look much different than a shark, but the vid does make it actually look like it is a fish.  After the big tsunami there was some pictures floating around of fish washed up from deep waters (although I think they were pictures taken at another time, and not  pictures of fish from the tsunami).  Do a Google for Chimaera fish pup (sorry couldn't get the link to work), they look crazy.
here are pics of the fish found
chimaera fish
chimaere fish pup
lizard fish
oreo dory etc...

http://www.cafelocale.com/discus/messag … 1106411409
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6404|Indianapolis, IN

Smaug wrote:

Died from lack of pressure i bet (swim bladder burst or something).
I was thinking about why it may have died, but I thought "why did it venture that high anyway?" I think it knew it was going to die and wanted to explore a bit. Not to mention the water is MUCH warmer up there. Those teeth are pretty gruesome looking, all-in-all it's pretty cool to see a species that prehistoric and still thriving

Last edited by misconfiguration (2007-01-25 14:24:12)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard