Darky
Hi..
+71|6560|Here.
Hurricane seems to have the best advice so far..
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6747|Mark it zero.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Run. Nothing is better for your all around health than running. Bike riding is also good.
Except for your knees, it's pretty rough on your joints if you are getting up there in age. Generally from what I've heard swimming is about the best thing you can do for your whole body. (Must be why I absolutely hate swimming. )
Thats right. If you have bad knees then running isnt the best thing. swimming is a very healthy thing to do. plenty of excersize and no strain at all on your ligaments and joints. this is why you see so many old people in pools. also bike riding is really good since you dont strain your knee joints either.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6326

So how do we get the old people out of the pools.....

zomg, you guys I am actually scared. I'm 21 years old, and I weigh 135 pounds 5' 6" how do I gain weight wtf? I worked at mc'donalds and ate as much as I could on my breaks and never gained even 2 pounds. I got good abs and defined shoulders, and I never exercise, in fact I play BF2 for 5 hours out of the day and have no job grrrr!

https://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8558/zomgwtf1xm5.jpg

zomg! what can I do to get a belly?! ^

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2007-01-16 01:25:14)

Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6761

Hurricane, ab workouts will burn off fat if you do them on an empty stomach.
Sneaky.Russian
Random Hero
+119|6320|Australia QLD
that could be genetic.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6404|NSW, Australia

Im_Dooomed wrote:

zomg, you guys I am actually scared. I'm 21 years old, and I weigh 135 pounds 5' 6" how do I gain weight wtf? I worked at mc'donalds and ate as much as I could on my breaks and never gained even 2 pounds. I got good abs and defined shoulders, and I never exercise, in fact I play BF2 for 5 hours out of the day and have no job grrrr!

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8558/zomgwtf1xm5.jpg

looks like you have a boner
Des.Kmal
+917|6616|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
lol, when i played football and was in my schools weight training, i weighed 160, 5'10, now i got out and i lost alot of weight that i couldnt lose in weight training. i weigh 150 now. and i dont do shit now, compared to the mile and a half i used to run.

its mostly genetic btw.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6326

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

looks like you have a boner
Nope. It's just a sock. :laughing:
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6404|NSW, Australia

should have put like 10 socks in there...just to be cool.
IsaacLeavitt
+24|6349
lol i play hockey and fight for recreation... plus i weight lift, do push ups and crossover sit ups... but for some reason i LOATH running (i just don't see a point in it)... and i am 6'1" 220 pounds, so yea i could probably loose alittle weight but i am not worried about it... Heck the guys on my hockey team nicknamed me "Chuck Noris" so i got to be doing something right...
CommieChipmunk
+488|6568|Portland, OR, USA
liposuction
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6365|Columbus, Ohio
Colon cleansing.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Superior Mind wrote:

Oh yeah, swimming is ur best bet. My friend lost went to a local pool one summer like 4 times a week and he lost  probaly 30-35 lbs.
I'd like swimming better if the pools in my area weren't absolutely filthy. I know there's very few germs with the chlorine and all, but there's still particles of crap.
Teeksy90
Superior lord
+150|6625|Norway
Running, as mentioned, is not good for your knees. Every time your feet touch the ground, the knees have to support 2-3 times your weight.

Swimming is the best. Minimum strain on your joints, trains strenght, endurance, better heart and lungs, kick-ass body. Swimming does burn calories at a rate of about 3 calories a mile per pound of bodyweight. If you weigh 150 lbs. and it takes you 30 minutes to swim one mile (1,760 yards or 1,600 meters), then you will be using about 900 calories in one hour.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6547|EUtopia | Austria

Des.Kmal wrote:

do shit?
Only shows temporary effects

PS: since swimming is about the least effective way of moving (about 3-5% of your actual activities will result in a horizontal movement) it's probably the best.
Though, I'd also suggest aerobics to you, may sound strange (and gay), but there's something happening to you...

Last edited by Stormscythe (2007-01-25 11:44:30)

Entertayner
+826|6569

stryyker wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Run. Nothing is better for your all around health than running. Bike riding is also good.
Except for your knees, it's pretty rough on your joints if you are getting up there in age. Generally from what I've heard swimming is about the best thing you can do for your whole body. (Must be why I absolutely hate swimming. )
Gah, knees.
I second that
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6604|Parainen, Finland
Just have to give an update!!!

Thanks for all the good ideas you guys gave me, the results are great!!!!
I changed my diet a LOT and I even do a bit of exercise now!!!

And the best part is, I can still eat delicious food and lose weight at the same time!!! 3 weeks gone now since I got serious with this shit and  I´m already down to 198 pounds(90 kg) from 215 pounds (98 kg) only 22 pounds left to my ideal weight!!!
Yeehaa!!! *celebrates like a rich Texan*
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6584|Sweden

Im_Dooomed wrote:

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8558/zomgwtf1xm5.jpg

Keep that lifestyle up and i can guarantee you'll have a belly within 7 years.
(cob)mikko
+21|6442|finland
two years uberpagge and you will look like that!

https://www.visualjokes.com/pics/ballerina.jpg
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6566|Mountains of NC

Sounds like you're doing a good job - remember at first it seems like the weight just melts off but those last 5-6 lbs. are the hardest to burn off bc you have leveled off - you just need to change you're routine a little bc you're body has gotten use to it

another good exercise is using light weights and doing ALOT of reps and taking about 10 - 15 sec breaks between reps and drink nothing less then 1 gallon of water a day
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida

Cubanpenguin wrote:

Masturbate furiously to Rosie O'Donnell If you can't sweat off the weight then your penis will probably fall off so you will at least lose some weight.

Problem Solved
hahahahahaha
15 more years! 15 more years!
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

i think i will stop drinking soda now. WATER FTW!!!!
Crystal Lite. Its fucking awesome, like 5 calories per 2 quartes, and it takes like lemonade, pink lemonaid, whatever flavor you pick. Its seriously awesome cause its the equivilant of drinking water, exept it doesnt taste bad
15 more years! 15 more years!
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6622|Birmingham, UK

some_random_panda wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Gah, knees.
Gah, joints.
And I have hypermobility...
My joints are screwed!
A12345
+77|6468
A lot of people have said some good things, the simplest is- You must burn more calories than you consume! Bottom line. Swimming isnt actually that effective of a cardio exercise compared to running and i know a lot of you guys are worried about your joints and so am i.

Swimming is usually done in a pool (it can also be done in a lake or ocean as well). Lessons are always available at most swimming pools if you don't know how to swim. Swimming is also a great total body workout that is completely non-impact. It is perfect for very overweight people, injured people and paraplegic people. Swimming can be done as long-duration, low-intensity exercise or as high-intensity, short-duration exercise. It is also a very useful skill to have.

Here is a list of basic equipment that you will need for swimming...

* A good pair of goggles is a must. They will allow you to train longer without burning your eyes out from chlorine or salt.
    * For extra resistance, try wearing a shirt when you swim. When you swim without the shirt, you will feel like greased lightning.
    * One of the great things about swimming is that it can be done arms-only if you have a leg injury and want to maintain your cardiovascular fitness.

But, swimming does have a few disadvantages, though. First, it is not particularly convenient if you don't own a pool or live near water. It's not like walking where you can walk out of your house and just do it. For maximum effectiveness you have to know how to swim, which can take a long time to learn properly. It is also a non-weight bearing activity and will not contribute to bone density, as other weight-bearing exercises such as running will.

Also, swimmers tend to carry more of their bodyfat subcutaneously (under the skin). This is the body's reaction to training in water. Because you are constantly losing heat to the water, the body will try to protect against this by increasing the insulation near the skin (fat). If you are trying to get very lean, regular swimming is not the way to go, though it is okay for occasional use.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/betteru14.htm#5

Makes me wonder how my 94 year old grandma still can walk with the best of them, including me, and she walked and ran her whole life, hell she even got an award for running 10,000 miles in 10 years in her 60s. As for suggestions id say in importance- diet, exercise, sleep, supplements.

1. Proper diet: Without proper diet you are just wasting money on supplements. Start here! Do not think that supplements are going to do it for you alone.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/charlie2.htm

Considering youre trying to lose weight supplements might not even be all that important at all, and no offense least of all anything from xyience nox-cg3 or anything, trust me. The only way to get rid of that belly naturally is burning more than you consume, but you need to change your diet first, all the exercise doesnt mean as much if your diet isnt square. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/girard5.htm

And no offense but ab workouts do not reduce fat, they strengthen and build muscle, you have to burn calories. Even then your abs wont show unless you have a certain body fat percentage.
So if we all have abs, then how come we can't see them? The reason for that is that there is a wall of fat that is preventing them from being visible.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hugo24.htm
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

The most effective way of burning calories is being cold. Exercising using far fewer calories than maintaining body temperature, so just don't have the heating on and be cold, you'll lose weight.

That said the best way of losing calories is sex. 3 or 4 10-12 hour sessions a week should do the trick, leaves you feeling tired, but also quite smug and satisfied.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard