D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6819|Belgium
Hey guys; Just a little question.
As I was making my sig and counting my numbers of dogtags of different countries on the Leaderboards, I came to the conclusion that according to my sig (and thus the Leaderboards), I have 366 Unique Dogtags.
But BF2142 HQ says that I have 405 Unique Dogtags (465 Dogtags in total) and BF2142 HQ is actually right because it always instantly adds up..

So now I'm wondering where did those 39 other Unique Dogtags go to?
All I can think of is that those 39 Soldiers were deleted, and thus their Dogtags are missing from the Leaderboards. But I'm not quite sure that it would be just that.. Perhaps someone knows the answer to this 'riddle'.. I just hope that amoung those 'missing' Unique Dogtags, there weren't any special ones, like the EU countries I'm still missing to complete.

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2007-01-25 06:05:09)

Zukabazuka
+23|6688
When you knife someone twice you allready have his dogtag so you can't get his twice. Unique just tell you how many different people you stabbed
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6713|Sweden
Yep i think you´re right i have "lost" some dogtags for that as well. I´m not sure how it works if the player gets a reset do they dissapear from the leaderboards? ( < a question for you that got caught )
Zukabazuka
+23|6688
Now that I'm not sure of, might been information from the server that maybe crashed so it didn't fully send it or so.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6735|Germany, near Koblenz
Same applies for me: 189 vs. 174

My suggestion is, that those missing soldiers weren't reseted, but deleted by the players to make room for a new soldier due to the "only 4 per account" restriction.

Last edited by DerGraueWolf (2007-01-25 10:43:24)

D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6819|Belgium

Zukabazuka wrote:

When you knife someone twice you allready have his dogtag so you can't get his twice. Unique just tell you how many different people you stabbed
Yes that I know, since I was talking in my post specifically about Unique Dogtags and how they differ between the 405 I have according to my stats in BFHQ, and the 366 I have when I count all the names on Leaderboards with Dogtags crossed.

The question was; why do these (both Unique) dogtags differ between Leaderboards and BFHQ.

Now what DerGraueWolf said seems very, very logical to me, and seems to be the correct answer.
But on the other hand; 39 soldiers I have dogtags from have been deleted? That's a lot, if you go figure that it's 9.5% of my Unique Dogtags that are missing.. That would mean that almost 10% of ALL BF2142 soldiers are deleted? That's a lot.. That's just a lot..

But it seems that it is so far the only logical explanation
Zukabazuka
+23|6688
Then it would be 10% who statspadded trying to get ranks, yeah only logical explanation.
JovesApples
+4|6456|USA
yea, the Dog tag boards must be a bigger joke than most what with the Dog tag circle jerk servers out there
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6735|Germany, near Koblenz
Checking the very end of the leaderboard allways identifies a lot of dummy-soldiers with horrible stats, just created to push some other "friendly" accounts in various ways. It's quite obvious that most of those dummies will be deleted after a while, so that EA won't be able to punish the main account.

In addition there are a lot of accounts which are used by more than one person. Our game is played by me and occasionally by my two sons. So there is just one soldier left to create "a fresh guest nick" for friends having a look at this game. Well our fourth slot is still blank, but imagine that just three guests would have resulted in at least two deleted soldiers - out of six.

So yes, -10% looks not to much for me.

Last edited by DerGraueWolf (2007-01-26 09:20:01)

D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6819|Belgium
OK, I really find no explanation why the # Unique Dogtags is not the same as the # on your Dogtags Leaderboard.

At first I assumed that the 40 or so Unique Dogtags I was 'missing' were soldiers that have been deleted by the users.
But one of those 'missing' Unique Dogtags is P4kO_SVK who's got a Global Score (thus not counting the Career Points) of 35307, which is quite high. And I know for sure that this guy still plays the game.
But now the question is; why aren't his Dogtags showing in my Dogtag Leaderboards?
(and yes I'm sure I knifed him since I have the screenshot here)
And after doing some more Unique Dogtag checking I just found out that I have Dogtags from a guy named Beel666 who's from the Dutch Antilles and a guy named Mangas who is from Portugal (so those are another two countries to add to my list) which I do have screenshots from, but they do not appear in my Dogtag Leaderboards.

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2007-02-04 09:22:55)

DJStoney69
+4|6538|New Jersey
Im not sure why it does that either. I have 720 total dogtags, 513 unique and my leaderboard shows only 373. Death you must play on alot of different servers. For like 3 months I played pretty much on 1 server. In the last month I have been bouncing to many different servers. I have managed to get tags from 20 different countries.
USA(260)
Canada(41)
Germany(14)
United Kingdom(12)
Netherlands(7)
Brazil(4)
Ireland(3)
Sweden(3)
Belgium(3)
France(3)
Russia(2)
Spain(2)
Peru(1)
Guatemala(1)
Japan(1) I know I had 3 at one point
Egypt(1)
United Arab Emirates(1)
Norway(1)
Afghanistan(1)
Austria(1)
American Samoa(1) I know I had that one but its gone now

Last edited by DJStoney69 (2007-02-08 15:40:17)

Brasso
+1,549|6633

The same is happening with me.  At least when I used to screenshot and upload my dogtags.  I had something like 95 unique screenshots and only 83 or so unique dogtags on the leaderboard.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
DJStoney69
+4|6538|New Jersey
I was playing with you the other day haffey. I remember seeing a warning the server admin sent you for something.
{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6844|Toronto, Canada
Its when people delete their soldiers. BFHQ remembers you getting them, but they no longer show up on the leaderboard.

It happened with woken, for example. I got him, and he was there for a while, but he no longer shows up. BFhq still remembers me killing him though, hence I would have an extra tag for that.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6393|Penrith,Nsw, Aus

DerGraueWolf wrote:

Same applies for me: 189 vs. 174

My suggestion is, that those missing soldiers weren't reseted, but deleted by the players to make room for a new soldier due to the "only 4 per account" restriction.
Thats probaly the best reason i can think of asell
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6819|Belgium

DJStoney69 wrote:

Im not sure why it does that either. I have 720 total dogtags, 513 unique and my leaderboard shows only 373. Death you must play on alot of different servers. For like 3 months I played pretty much on 1 server. In the last month I have been bouncing to many different servers. I have managed to get tags from 20 different countries.
*list of dogtags*
Actually.. No I don't play on many different servers.. At the moment I 'm always playing on my clan's server. And there you can always find people from; UK, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Finland, Ireland, ..
I even got the two Cocos Island dogtags from my clan server..
That's the reason why UK and Germany are such a large part of my dogtags. Our server is a low-ping server for them. And since there are much more inhabitants in the UK and Germany than in Belgium and the Netherlands..
Well.. Although you're right and I should probably go play some more different servers if I want to add some variety to my dogtags..

And again; I don't believe this to be because of soldiers that are deleted. I have deleted a soldier called NeVaDie a long time ago. But you can still find that soldier on the leaderboards. And as I said; many of the soldiers I have knifed, but do not show up on the Leaderboards, are still active soldiers. A few of them are even in the top 1000 players.. So I actually think that it has more to do with a bug that sometimes doesn't allow Unique Dogtags to be recorded onto the Dogtag Leaderboards. Which actually sucks.

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2007-02-09 02:10:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard