Voss Or Baur?

Voss50%50% - 47
Baur39%39% - 37
Anything Else (and reason)10%10% - 10
Total: 94
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum
Yes, I know, Another unlock thread. However, i have a lack of experience with the Baur, and im going to get the rifle rockets anyway, But is the Baur worth the unlock also? I Already have the Voss, and find it much more effective than stock. And your thoughts...?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6571|Southampton, UK

Krylov

No recoil
Don't have to single-fire all the time.

I'm going to get killed for saying this
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6655|Malibu
If you are confident with your infantry skills, Baur will give you definate advantage.
Des.Kmal
+917|6628|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
anything else for many reasons.

1. unlocks are teh ghey.
2. scar-11 = win
3. krylov = omgwtfleet in the game.
4. voss is a girls gun.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6467|UK
I use the Voss when im playin as EU and usually Krylov when i play as PAC, but i voted for the Voss cos ive began to even use the Voss whilst playin PAC cos ive gotten used to my button set up; 6 for defibs and 7 for rockets with Voss which i prefer to 6 for rockets and  7 for defibs ( use defibs more often than rockets so helps to have a closer button).
Commando
+8|6611
I like the Bauer, although for some reason it sprays like a mofo. Shoot in bursts and its a ball tearer.
Voss is also good. I dont think you will be too disappointed with either unlock
Panitz4670
+6|6532|Bundaberg-Australia
Voss because it looks cool, thats how I choose my weapons if it looks good I'll use it.
Magius5.0
+106|6391|UMass Amherst
Ugh...here we go again.  I'll summarize each of them.

Krylov (base attack 27): Low Recoil, ridiculous ROF (so watch your ammo counter to get a feel for the burst size you use), and moderate damage ensures most foes go down with five hits to the body (more if you hit their arms and stuff), or two headshots.  I swear it fires magic bullets half the time--plus, with rifle rockets, you can dominate almost any range.  I seem to run out of ammo for it very fast, however.

Voss L-AR(base attack 25): High ROF but controllable, low recoil, very good for suppressive firepower and prolonged firefights.  Again like Krylov, you will dominate most any range with burst fire or rockets at those hard to reach targets.  Does have a weakness at long range, as it loses a lot of damage potential and is not spot-on past seventy or eighty meters.

Baur H-AR(base attack 34): Highly accurate when in single or two shot bursts, moderate ROF but suffers from high, but predictable recoil; this guns' power is to be feared, even at long range.  Marksman rifle, one of my favorites with the Rocket attachment; I can drop whole squads with this gun at times with the proper positioning; go for the face, it's accurate enough to drop most foes in 2 or 3 hits.  Just watch the ammo counter, and have a retreat plan if you come into intense firefighting.

SCAR 11(base attack 29): Moderate damage and on-par ROF with Baur; more damage than the Krylov but more recoil; slightly more accurate but crappy for burst fire...I hate this gun with a passion, most of the time a Krylov will own you unless you get the jump on them.

I need to make an infantry guide...so I don't have to keep repeating this stuff.
Blank90
+0|6313
Baur for me.

The Voss & Krylov are pretty good guns - great all rounders. But I just love the Baur! It's exceptionally accurate over long distances, and is just as good in close quarters if used in control bursts.

I'd definately recommend you unlock it, if only to try it. It's quite different (in terms of usage) from the Voss, and takes a while to get used to, but once you do you'll love it!
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6455|The Land of Scott Walker
Voss for me.  I like the Baur for longer distances or in controlled bursts.  Up against Recon with a Lambert, you need a Voss.  Don't like either stock weapon.
Barney_T_Dinosaur
Time to Die Kids!
+41|6670

Magius5.0 wrote:

Ugh...here we go again.  I'll summarize each of them.

Krylov (base attack 27): Low Recoil, ridiculous ROF (so watch your ammo counter to get a feel for the burst size you use), and moderate damage ensures most foes go down with five hits to the body (more if you hit their arms and stuff), or two headshots.  I swear it fires magic bullets half the time--plus, with rifle rockets, you can dominate almost any range.  I seem to run out of ammo for it very fast, however.

Voss L-AR(base attack 25): High ROF but controllable, low recoil, very good for suppressive firepower and prolonged firefights.  Again like Krylov, you will dominate most any range with burst fire or rockets at those hard to reach targets.  Does have a weakness at long range, as it loses a lot of damage potential and is not spot-on past seventy or eighty meters.

Baur H-AR(base attack 34): Highly accurate when in single or two shot bursts, moderate ROF but suffers from high, but predictable recoil; this guns' power is to be feared, even at long range.  Marksman rifle, one of my favorites with the Rocket attachment; I can drop whole squads with this gun at times with the proper positioning; go for the face, it's accurate enough to drop most foes in 2 or 3 hits.  Just watch the ammo counter, and have a retreat plan if you come into intense firefighting.

SCAR 11(base attack 29): Moderate damage and on-par ROF with Baur; more damage than the Krylov but more recoil; slightly more accurate but crappy for burst fire...I hate this gun with a passion, most of the time a Krylov will own you unless you get the jump on them.

I need to make an infantry guide...so I don't have to keep repeating this stuff.
Completely agree, would be interesting to read your infantry guide.

My personal fave is Krylov, it just has too many advantages, Baur for playing EU, another great weapon, the Voss, well ive hardly any time with it, and when i have used it havent been that impressed, seems like a CQB spray and pray weapon to me but thats just my experience thus far, will have to give it some proper experimentation.  The baur is just as good close up if you are controlled and also has that added range advantage over the Voss, and with EVERYONE using the Voss, its nice to have any advantage you can get.

The Scar 11 is ok, ive found it can be pretty good from close to mid range if used in quick bursts.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum
Cheers for all your input, sorry for making some of you repeat yourselfs! I think ill just get the rockets, and leave the Baur for a while, maybe unlock something in the Engi trees, work my way towards the Pilum, as it sounds that for Titan (which i mostly play) the Voss is good enough. Cheers again
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6630|Mhz

Baur > Voss so long as you can aim, Voss was designed for the 'spray and pray' types with a 40 round clip. Baur is for people who actually hit their targets with some regularity hense the 20 round clip. Baurs more powerful, better at range, more stopping power close up...
Master*
Banned
+416|6505|United States

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Baur > Voss so long as you can aim, Voss was designed for the 'spray and pray' types with a 40 round clip. Baur is for people who actually hit their targets with some regularity hense the 20 round clip. Baurs more powerful, better at range, more stopping power close up...
Voss has better stopping power close up, other than that I agree with what you said

and Krylov FTW
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6552|Sammamish, WA
PLEASE use the search feature before posting!!!! It's all over the terms of use and requests to use the search feature are plastered in multiple areas on this message board. I don't understand why you didn't do so, especially with such an already repeatedly-covered topic.

I did a search for "voss or baur" and here are some topics that already cover this, listed in order from newest to oldest. There were certainly others but I picked these out for their conspicuous titles.

what assault gun is the best to you?
Which Assult/Medic Rifle Is Better and Why?
Best Assault unlock?
So which did you unlock? Baur or Voss?
What do you REALLY think of the Asssault weapon
Voss L-AR and Baur H-AR

Please use one of the threads above to look for answers instead of creating another unnecessary and already covered thread in the message board.

Last edited by JdeFalconr (2007-01-24 18:03:18)

ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6532

Des.Kmal wrote:

1. unlocks are teh ghey.
2. scar-11 = win
4. voss is a girls gun.
somehow i knew you would be in this thread saying something like that
voss/krylov=win
baur/scar=fail
Master*
Banned
+416|6505|United States
Krylov still pwns...
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6778|Tenn
i prefer the Voss. havent used the baur much. found out it only had 20 bullets and im all wtf? and apparently the Scar is beasty. i just cant remember who has it
Des.Kmal
+917|6628|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

=]-[f= ig88 wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

1. unlocks are teh ghey.
2. scar-11 = win
4. voss is a girls gun.
voss/krylov=win
baur/scar=fail
voss= fail
krylov/baur/scar= win

as masterstyle said... krylov is best gun in the game...
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6720|Sweden

Des.Kmal wrote:

voss= fail
krylov/baur/scar= win
I can´t see how you can say that Voss fails and Krylov wins...... Krylov must be the easiest weapon in the game to use, Voss is close though.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6802
The Voss is the boss but still can't match the power of the Baur.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6556|Doncaster, UK

Des.Kmal wrote:

=]-[f= ig88 wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

1. unlocks are teh ghey.
2. scar-11 = win
4. voss is a girls gun.
voss/krylov=win
baur/scar=fail
voss= fail
krylov/baur/scar= win

as masterstyle said... krylov is best gun in the game...
Haven't you just been touting the "leetness" of the Best Buy Scar in another thread?
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6826|Belgium
I use both Voss and Baur when playing Assault.. Depends.. If I know I'm going to go into an area where there 'll be a whole lot of enemies, I tend to take the Voss, simply because it has a larger magazine, thus I need to reload less, which comes in handy if you have to shoot 4 people with 1 clip.. (Camp Gibraltar Central Camp is a perfect example of a place that can be very crowded with enemies, where I will use the Voss)..
Otherwise I switch between Baur and Voss, depending on the situation..
Tetn1s
+59|6652|Los Angeles
1.Lambert
2.Scar
3.Krylov
4.Baur
5.Voss=teh failzorz
Kratos Aurion
+36|6652|Sweden
I'd chose Krylov anyday!

Baur vs Voss, I'd choose Voss

Board footer