stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6472|Sheffield-England
Unfortunatly all the time.... But i ignore it because why should i stop doing something i enjoy because someone else doesn't?
(WC)KtheC
+9|6704
I'm 42 and have been playing PC games for years.  My wife sometimes does frown on how much time I play, but reducing that makes her happy.  Anyone that's married know where i"m coming from.
I still manage to play at least 1 hour when I get home from work.  When I'm home the weekends tend to be spent online.
One thing though.  I alway have to get the priorities down first before sitting down to the computer.
The_Jester
+52|6483|Italy

PoP wrote:

Lol nah.

i do a manly sport so it balances out (Go karting)
I wouldn't call Go karting a "sport".
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Jussimies wrote:

Some of my schoolmates wonder how I have played more than 700 hours and sometimes they tease me from that.
And there are people with 5000 hours on mmo's...but your mates are the ones who tracked your stats in the first place (I'm guessing)...lol. At least you play the games you buy.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-01-24 12:51:45)

iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6522|Belgium

(WC)KtheC wrote:

I alway have to get the priorities down first before sitting down to the computer.
life > games, you'll thank yourself later.
siciliano732
+202|6641|New York
lol, i dont get like made fun of but my roomates crack jokes from time to time....my girl accepts it and actually tries playing form time to time.

my roomies call me a "gamer fag" and scream things at random like for example: "MEDIC!", or "Enemy infantry/jet/helicopter spotted!"

i dont play all that much though so its really not even a problem, i have a college career i am wrappin up this may, a life ahead of me, and a girlfriend of 7 years, and my family....that stuff is more important first.

gamer fag....lol

Last edited by siciliano732 (2007-01-24 13:02:46)

ZekersSneakers
+8|6497
I got a lot of slack until I won a trip to korea.
Des.Kmal
+917|6610|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
lol, only 1 of my friends in RL know i play video games so much. lmao. so no.

plsu, ive played sports... until bf2 came out. actually... <-- thats why my mom thinks i quit sports.... is to play on the computer... lol
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6614|Gold coast, Aus.
I used to. Then my school hosted a gaming competition and you could win 50 dollars for each event (in other words game). I won all the 'events' cause everyone else who entered were nubs and jocks and the nerdy people were trying to act cool and not play games. Anyway I won alll the events, 500 dollars in my pocket....And people sorta stopped caring
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6623|Washington, DC

No, but BF2 and other such video games (it all started with Desert Combat, fuck that was a fucking fun motherfucker) are probably the reason I'm not very social. I prefer to make points and get JPEGs in a virtual world over watching people throwing a brown ball around, smashing into each other. Zzzzz.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6337|Cali
Nahh... unless you call some1 a "n00b" then you b good.
l41e
+677|6641

No. Solution: don't ask, don't tell. It's not like people who play BF2 have a big tattoo marked "BATTLEFIELD 2 PLAYER LOLZ" on their foreheads.
Sheky
+6|6530|London, England.
Lol...My girlfriend say's I'm sad, but then she goes out with me...What's that say about her...(yes I know she got bad taste, bla bla bla)...Lol.
TTyg
+1|6312
Yeah I am all for following what your heart desires.  Play as much as you want but remember that real life always has to come first.  I'm 31, have a four year old son, a g/f and I make sure they are all well taken care of before i even log in and get going.  I love this game from top to bottom.  I've even made some friends along the way.  I average about 2 hours a day playing.  I'm in a clan and do the match thing as well.  And I don't give a fuck what others think or say about me.  It's my life and I give a big ol' Fuck Off to anyone who says otherwise.   Others trash what they either can't understand or can't be a part of.  It makes them feel better about themselves.     Such is life.....
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6623|Washington, DC

k30dxedle wrote:

No. Solution: don't ask, don't tell. It's not like people who play BF2 have a big tattoo marked "BATTLEFIELD 2 PLAYER LOLZ" on their foreheads.
*puts big piece of paper over forehead*...
Crusty
+11|6770
i dont think anyone has ever said crap to me about playing games. of course Im in college now and thanks to Halo, games are quite popular. Plus Im Comp Sci so Im on the computer anyways. The only crap Ive gotten was about a month ago, one of my friends said "Your the biggest geek I know who has a crappy computer" which WAS true (BF2 / 2142 on a FX5200 64MB) but not no more! MWAHAAHHAA.
I even converted some people who you would never expect to like games. They always ask me when my next LAN is.
Besides, its not like its WOW or anything. (Flame away but you cant get the HEADSHOTS!!! in WOW, and Im all about the BOOM HEADSHOT!!!)
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6644
I used to get picked on for liking big trucks and construction equipment. Now those same people today, their quality of living is poor. Both of them have probably shacked up with drug dealers and probably never finished school. I know atleast one girl has anyway. The other guy, i doubt he even has a job. While I do what i like to do and make a good paycheck with it. Fuck them.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
br4vo.f0xtrot
+1|6562
My Mother takes me down into the basement every Tuesday and beats me for playing too much.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6655|under there hayousaidunderwear

br4vo.f0xtrot wrote:

My Mother takes me down into the basement every Tuesday and beats me for playing too much.
That's cute.
MT_Androo
Banned
+122|6461|The Suburb at Karkand

djphetal wrote:

Yeah, my little brother and my friends.

But I don't need them!
lol
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

(WC)KtheC wrote:

I'm 42 and have been playing PC games for years.  My wife sometimes does frown on how much time I play, but reducing that makes her happy.  Anyone that's married know where i"m coming from.
I still manage to play at least 1 hour when I get home from work.  When I'm home the weekends tend to be spent online.
One thing though.  I alway have to get the priorities down first before sitting down to the computer.
well said, this was going to be my post, but...
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6315|Orrstrayleea

The_Jester wrote:

PoP wrote:

Lol nah.

i do a manly sport so it balances out (Go karting)
I wouldn't call Go karting a "sport".
Go carting is one of the funnest sports, although ive hardly ever riden 1, ive worked on my bro's mates, it had a trick 125 motor on it and would smoke the bags in 3rd gear
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6315|Orrstrayleea

ZekersSneakers wrote:

I got a lot of slack until I won a trip to korea.
Yeah but then you probobly caught sars over there.....then who got the slack
simmy.uk
+117|6430
I tend to set goals. Like I want to get a certain badge. I may play alot when there is something I really want to get. There are times when I go away from BF2 and don't play for months.

Just do want you want to do. It's your free time. Don't ever give someone the chance to bully you.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6416|Canuckistan
Yeah, but I don't care about it because it's by a bunch of clueless faggots who think that a Playstation 2 is better than the Xbox 360

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard