iamangry
+59|6646|The United States of America

blademaster wrote:

well U.S. gave all those nukes to Israel, now Israel has so many nukes its crazy. But the video is kind of interesting nothing I found surprising U.S. does things like that all the time all over the world, just read the "Manufacturing  Consent" by Herbart Chomsky .
WRONG

USA refused to give nukes to Israel.  Britain did.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America
Who the hell didn't know about the Liberty? That's the only issue I have with them.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

iamangry wrote:

blademaster wrote:

well U.S. gave all those nukes to Israel, now Israel has so many nukes its crazy. But the video is kind of interesting nothing I found surprising U.S. does things like that all the time all over the world, just read the "Manufacturing  Consent" by Herbart Chomsky .
WRONG

Yup.

Not nukes as such though. But heavy water, uranium and plutonium. Not a lot of doubt what they would use them for.
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6702|Little Rock, Arkansas

iamangry wrote:

blademaster wrote:

WRONG

WRONG

Israel made their own nukes, with fissile material gained from reactors given to them by France.

DesertFox423 wrote:

Who the hell didn't know about the Liberty? That's the only issue I have with them.
Many, many people. I would wager the majority of the world didn't know about the Libterty. It's not a topic that comes up much in general conversation.

Ottomania wrote:

James-M-II wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

like 9/11, blaming osama, change your strategy usa....
thats a kinda stupid thing to say isnt it? i dont think the usa would stage 9/11 just to invade a shit hole like afghanistan.... jeez how old are you
then tell me why no jews died at wtc? and a quick tip; afghanistan is neighbour of iran from west. ring a bell?
Not so sure where you got your information on those who died in the WTC attacks, but there were indeed Jews that died in the attacks.

oug wrote:

I think your analogy to the corporate world is poor and misleading. If this was just a plan of some private corporation then you're right, it would be completely insignificant and I wouldn't pay much attention to it.

Thing is though, this was created by the government. The people you voted, the ones you trust to protect you.
If its the idea of your boss at work, fine. If its the President, or the Minister of Defence etc then you got yourself a major scandal.

Also, if X= find a way to reduce cost, fine. But if X=kill American citizens to promote a war against fucking Cuba, then its NOT fine at all...

And you know what? I don't even care if it was ever implemented. Many will say it hasn't, others think it has on quite a number of occasions (the USS Liberty being one of them). The thought itself constitutes a capital offence against the people. Its treason.
In my analogy, X would be the destabalization of the Cuban government.

You're missing the whole point of the Northwoods document. It was finding ways to destabilize Castro. It was offering possible options. That's what we pay plans officers for. When you're ordered to offer options, that's what you do.

oug wrote:

blisteringsilence wrote:

And just because a piece of paper with the plan surfaces 40 years later does NOT mean that the US was actually considering killing its own citizens to further the anti-Castro movement.
Actually, that's exactly what it means. The US government WAS considering killing its own citizens to further the anti-Castro movement.
Actually, that's not what it means. The opinions of a junior staffer / junior plans officer in the department of defense are NOT the policy of the United States, any more than the opinions of the German justice minister are the policy of the German government.

I think that the Northwoods document is a bunch of hullabaloo about nothing. It was a bad idea that was identified as such, and as a result was not acted upon.

Just because we have a warplan in a file cabinet somewhere for nuking all of Canada, invading, and taking over, does not mean that we'd do it.

I don't know if you're familiar with what the US DOD calles "red teams," but if you read one of their reports, you'd shit yourself. A red team is tasked with waging war against the United States. Right now, in a room somewhere in the Pentagon, there is a group of men and women who are planning chemical and biological attacks against the people of the United States. They are arguing about how to best deploy canisters with weaponized anthrax for the purpose of killing as many of their fellow citizens as possible. And they're paid by the government.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6367|Columbus, Ohio
^^ I like this guy.
Bananaman
+9|6639

HOLLYWOOD=_=FTW=_= wrote:

Doesnt that make america evil? I mean were the ones startin shit apparently.
Holy shit, an American just realised!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

blisteringsilence wrote:

iamangry wrote:

blademaster wrote:

WRONG

WRONG

Israel made their own nukes, with fissile material gained from reactors given to them by France.
As I said earlier, Britain provided them with heavy water, plutonium and uraium. France did provide them with the reactors they used to refine the materials, but the materials themselves came from Britain via Norway. It's been well publicised since the government acknowledged this last year.

They did make their own nukes though.

Is this the part where I say....

WRONG

(Good post in general though)

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-01-24 13:57:08)

blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6702|Little Rock, Arkansas

Bertster7 wrote:

blisteringsilence wrote:

iamangry wrote:

WRONG

WRONG

As I said earlier, Britain provided them with heavy water, plutonium and uraium. France did provide them with the reactors they used to refine the materials, but the materials themselves came from Britain via Norway. It's been well publicised since the government acknowledged this last year.

They did make their own nukes though.

Is this the part where I say....

WRONG

(Good post in general though)
I stand corrected. Some of their original nuclear material did indeed come from the UK. However, I'm going to stand by my assertion that they made their own nukes.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

Spark wrote:

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Got any other sources besides youtube nutjobs?
And what are YOUR sources ?  Georges Bush?  Rumsfeld?    lol

google the LAVON affair..  its even worst then the USS Liberty

This guy's thoughts wrote:

Must crush Israel. Must crush Israel. Must crush Israel
Seriously, get a grip.
heh yeah, the same guy who's name he's tried to deny his name has nothing to do with Auschwitz and 88 standing for Heil Hitler.  What else would you expect?

As for the video, that's such a biased side of the story. From what I hear, yeah it happened, but the ship never identified itself as American.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6756|United States of America

Poseidon wrote:

Spark wrote:

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

And what are YOUR sources ?  Georges Bush?  Rumsfeld?    lol

google the LAVON affair..  its even worst then the USS Liberty

This guy's thoughts wrote:

Must crush Israel. Must crush Israel. Must crush Israel
Seriously, get a grip.
heh yeah, the same guy who's name he's tried to deny his name has nothing to do with Auschwitz and 88 standing for Heil Hitler.  What else would you expect?

As for the video, that's such a biased side of the story. From what I hear, yeah it happened, but the ship never identified itself as American.
Not only that, Shit happens in war, move on.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6520|Πάϊ

blisteringsilence wrote:

Actually, that's not what it means. The opinions of a junior staffer / junior plans officer in the department of defense are NOT the policy of the United States, any more than the opinions of the German justice minister are the policy of the German government.
It was signed by Lyman Lemnitzer. Not exactly a junior staffer.

blisteringsilence wrote:

It was a bad idea that was identified as such, and as a result was not acted upon.
It was deemed a bad idea by the then President JFK. But this idea, as well as others (of the same caliber but less famous or still classified) were the work of a then considered rather extreme bunch of new politicians, the so called Neo-Conservatives. Aka, members of the current administration (Paul Wolfowitz, Donald Rumsfeld and so on).

blisteringsilence wrote:

Just because we have a warplan in a file cabinet somewhere for nuking all of Canada, invading, and taking over, does not mean that we'd do it.

I don't know if you're familiar with what the US DOD calles "red teams," but if you read one of their reports, you'd shit yourself. A red team is tasked with waging war against the United States. Right now, in a room somewhere in the Pentagon, there is a group of men and women who are planning chemical and biological attacks against the people of the United States. They are arguing about how to best deploy canisters with weaponized anthrax for the purpose of killing as many of their fellow citizens as possible. And they're paid by the government.
Like I said before, the thought alone is treason. Let alone the fact that some of what had been suggested may have actually taken place. I don't even care about the latter scenario, since there's no way of knowing for sure.

I've heard about "red teams". Their job is to come up with possible scenarios so that the country won't be caught napping. So what's your point? This is no imaginary future plan. We're talking about actions that the US government would take against its own citizens, not some outside enemy! Unless of course if the red teams are coming up with plans for more effective coups d' etat!! lol

Last edited by oug (2007-01-24 16:54:15)

ƒ³
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina

Ottomania wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygmojLcPTkc&NR
Would you care to post a thread about Evil Armenia?  I'm sure there must be some good reason why Turkey is so touchy about that genocide topic.
Smitty5613
+46|6527|Middle of nowhere, California
LOL, sry, but i have to laugh at that bullshit.. the captain didnt even say that it was Israeli planes, the narrator did..... and if they were unmarked, how do we know that they were in fact Israeli planes, they could have been any other country that would want to frame Israel.. and the last thing, i think this video was completely bullshitted
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6522|Istanbul-Turkey

Smitty5613 wrote:

LOL, sry, but i have to laugh at that bullshit.. the captain didnt even say that it was Israeli planes, the narrator did..... and if they were unmarked, how do we know that they were in fact Israeli planes, they could have been any other country that would want to frame Israel.. and the last thing, i think this video was completely bullshitted
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

what about that?
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6520|Πάϊ

Turquoise wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygmojLcPTkc&NR
Would you care to post a thread about Evil Armenia?  I'm sure there must be some good reason why Turkey is so touchy about that genocide topic.
ouch
ƒ³
spray_and_pray
+52|6491|Perth. Western Australia
What the fuck is anyone who is saying Israel is evil over 15 years of age? Can you understand English easy? The US ordered Israel to attack the USS Liberty so they could enter the war. Israel did not attack the ship for the fun of it.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

spray_and_pray wrote:

What the fuck is anyone who is saying Israel is evil over 15 years of age? Can you understand English easy? The US ordered Israel to attack the USS Liberty so they could enter the war. Israel did not attack the ship for the fun of it.
Any evidence for that? Or is it just speculation?
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6650
History is your friend. Yes, Israel are, in my opinion, "evil". However, it is unbelievbly important to remember the historical factual events of how the Israel/Palestine geographical situation came to place.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard