GeoEnvi
+22|6703|Philadelphia, PA
I've already tried a search for the answer to this one, so flame me if it's already been discussed:

Is there a way for an admin to freeze vehicle usage on a map for a team or a specific player?

As an example, I was playing recently on the Stargate Command (SGCMD) server and ran into this problem.  My team was getting pinned down in the "warehouse" on a 16 slot 64 player map.  I broke out and made it to a transport.  I proceeded to cap a few flags while the opposing team continued to attack our "only" spawn.  Soon, the gig was up and the vehicle freeze started.  After turning the Suburb over from MEC to USMC, I tried getting in the Vodnik to move onto the next flag.  No go.  It was frozen.  Another player on my team tried it and still: no go.  Finally, I tried another vehicle and the same thing happend.

I know this game is riddled with glitches and bugs, but has anyone else encountered this one?
Legit_Xero
+0|6703
i play in sgcmd for hours every day, and i know the admins very well, and i know that there is no vehicle freeze that i am aware of. so my guess is that it is just a glitch.
pastpost
+0|6746|Jeffersonville
Not the same but very odd.
I was on a 16 slot one the other night and I made it to the other team base started looking for the uav sat trailer but could not find them.  Short version I ran into one while driving it then appeared for me to see.  I posted a message about it and was told I would be kicked for excussive(sp) complaining.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6774|06-01
was playing on songhua earlier in the week, the USMC apc at the fish factory would not move when either me or any of my team mates got into it. i would get in try to move it, apc not move, i get out and stare at it and so would the team mates who tried. then i took out my wrench to repair as it could have been a flat tire or a broken axle. no joy. so this medic takes out his paddles as we figure it could have been a spark plug problem and he tried to shock start it. still no joy. we then went to the back to try to push it out of the mud...
alas, we had to foot it out...

edit for spelling

Last edited by tthf (2006-01-05 18:30:35)

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6725|th3 unkn0wn

GeoEnvi wrote:

I've already tried a search for the answer to this one, so flame me if it's already been discussed:

Is there a way for an admin to freeze vehicle usage on a map for a team or a specific player?

As an example, I was playing recently on the Stargate Command (SGCMD) server and ran into this problem.  My team was getting pinned down in the "warehouse" on a 16 slot 64 player map.  I broke out and made it to a transport.  I proceeded to cap a few flags while the opposing team continued to attack our "only" spawn.  Soon, the gig was up and the vehicle freeze started.  After turning the Suburb over from MEC to USMC, I tried getting in the Vodnik to move onto the next flag.  No go.  It was frozen.  Another player on my team tried it and still: no go.  Finally, I tried another vehicle and the same thing happend.

I know this game is riddled with glitches and bugs, but has anyone else encountered this one?
It's a rare bug m8. I've only come across it once or twice in all the time I've been on BF2. From my experience the vodnik I got in just wouldn't budge. It wos as if there were invisible clamps on it. Other players who got in it couldn't get it going too. So in the end we all decided to blow the damn thing up, lol

There's also another rare bug where when you're trying to cap a flag you can't. The flag just appears to be stuck and on one occasion we had 2 full squads in the "zone" looking at the damn flag waiting for it to change. Nothing happened so we all moved on while the flag stayed white. The opposing team managed to get it back later on in the round and from then on there were no problems with the flag. Strange....
the_ubernoob_
+8|6760
That flag thing happened to me on sharqi at the Observation Post flag just to the left of the construction site.  My squad, a tank, and a UAV were all over the flag and it wouldn't cap.

We decided to move on to the next flag and later we caped the frozen flag (after the other team took it first).
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6805|Singapore

tthf wrote:

was playing on songhua earlier in the week, the USMC apc at the fish factory would not move when either me or any of my team mates got into it. i would get in try to move it, apc not move, i get out and stare at it and so would the team mates who tried. then i took out my wrench to repair as it could have been a flat tire or a broken axle. no joy. so this medic takes out his paddles as we figure it could have been a spark plug problem and he tried to shock start it. still no joy. we then went to the back to try to push it out of the mud...
alas, we had to foot it out...

edit for spelling
LOL
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6736|The Netherlands
I ve been an admin on a bfv server for quite a while and i ve never heared of some servercode to freeze vehicles, you can pauze an online game and do all kinds of things with it but i ve never heard of freezing vehicles.
juanito
+2|6709
ive never had a problem with a car not moving when im in in one. this is the first time ive heard of it.  thats really weird tho =\

Last edited by juanito (2006-01-05 19:11:24)

Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6711|The Ville
Yah that would be cool if there was. I was playing where a commander was using a tank /transport last night which pissed me off because we ended up loosing.

Last edited by Obiwan (2006-01-05 19:20:43)

SpecialOp21
+0|6722|USA
I haven't had a vehicle refuse to move, but I have had a transport chopper try to lock me inside. I flew the thing to my destination, landed, and then tried to exit. No luck. E E E E E E...still no luck. I had to wait like 2-3 minutes before it actually decided I was allowed to leave. Damn choppers with a mind of their own.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6725|th3 unkn0wn

SpecialOp21 wrote:

I haven't had a vehicle refuse to move, but I have had a transport chopper try to lock me inside. I flew the thing to my destination, landed, and then tried to exit. No luck. E E E E E E...still no luck. I had to wait like 2-3 minutes before it actually decided I was allowed to leave. Damn choppers with a mind of their own.
That's wot you get when a Blackhawk meets Stephen King
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6725|th3 unkn0wn
As for the admin powers they are able to do something and that is cause your vehicle to self-destruct. I wos on a Norwegian server I think and had got to a Chinese jet on Wake by taking a buggy and beating someone else to it 1st.

Only problem is that when I bailed the empty speeding buggy rolled into this guy and killed him. There wos no tk to my name but I got minus points. The thing wos an admin apparently saw that incident and when I had just taken off he caused my jet to lose it's health in less than 2 seconds. An admin message showed up referring to the destruction of the jet when that wos happening.

AS far as I know they can't freeze the movement of a vehicle but they can certainly BLOW THE DAMN THING UP ALONG WITH YOU!
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6797
i've experienced all those bugs...

-couldn't cap a flag
-vehicles get stuck
-couldn't see the uav trailer to blow up, but a clan mate could...so he told me where to stand when i chucked the c4 

but as far as it being an admin control, no
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6765|Mark it zero.
while playing sf i tried to cap a flag in ghost town, we only had one other flag besides it, and it wouldnt cap. a minute later we lost that last flag and had no more on the island since it wouldnt let me cap it. that was pretty gay.

and the vehicle not moving thing sucks, especially when a tank decided to drive up as we were trying to figure out what was going on.
mycatsdied
+1|6808
Had the sme thing happen to me on songhua. Nobody could get the damn thing to move. It seemed that after you blew it up and reespawned the problem was solved.  Needless to say we got out asses kicked that round.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard