Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

Bertster7 wrote:

[69th_GFH]GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

You can already drop two quad core Xeon CPUs (clovertown core, or something like that) into the same mobo (socket 771) for 8 core performance.
yep, i posted it but it costs like diamonds
You'd be suprised how cheap it is in comparison to some of these other rigs. You can build a rig like that for about $6500, less than some Alienware and Falcon NW PCs.
More importantly it's more fun .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

[69th_GFH]GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

yep, i posted it but it costs like diamonds
You'd be suprised how cheap it is in comparison to some of these other rigs. You can build a rig like that for about $6500, less than some Alienware and Falcon NW PCs.
More importantly it's more fun .
Damn straight!

These pre-built gaming rigs are no fun at all.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6636|Wigan. Manchester. England.
That is the only reason i want to build my own, it'll be so fun!
The#1Spot
+105|6539|byah
Plus the money you save building one.
cosworth1983
+21|6484|Enschede / Netherlands

scottomus0 wrote:

And don't forget THE moment of truth, where you push the ON button for the first time.  can be scary sometimes

Greetz
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

cosworth1983 wrote:

scottomus0 wrote:

And don't forget THE moment of truth, where you push the ON button for the first time.  can be scary sometimes

Greetz
Especially when you get completely unanticipated vendor incompatibility issues. Like some Corsair XMS memory I had. Worked fine with my 3700+ and my 3200+ but it wouldn't fucking work with my 3000+ Venice core - nothing to do with the MB.

That baffled me. I s'pose it's down to the memory controller being on the CPU, but it still doesn't explain it. If I hadn't had other RAM in other rigs I would've been bugered. But overcoming little problems like that is what makes it interesting.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard