Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6545|Canada

br4vo.f0xtrot wrote:

Point&Shoot wrote:

br4vo.f0xtrot wrote:

Point&Shoot wrote:

Or is it because our military forces have been the only country to successfully invade the US and burn down the Whitehouse?  I can understand how that could be a sore point.
Elaborate enough?
So I'm disrespecting the US by pointing out their short-comings ie: war-mongering, elitism, arrogance...

No shit...

Sorry I thought you were adding something to the discussion, my mistake.
Pointing out our "short-comings" is like me telling all of your friends (the american people), about your (america) little weewee (short-comings). its just disrespectful. this may not make sense to you, but sure as hell makes sense to me.
You missed my point, I am disrespecting the US.  Under their current government, both on a social and economic level, the US is in a tailspin and is going to take out everyone else when she craters.

My dis-respect is not targeted at the individual US citizen, but the US government and the society that supports it.  If that offends you personally because you blindly support the US government, good.

The sooner that the US, as a society, can recoqnize this, the sooner they can fix it and become a true leader of the world.  Not through military might, but through social progress.
arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6679|Colorado Springs, CO

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

thareaper254 wrote:

yes, I am very fit in my opinion, not buff, but I eat healthy and do about 20 pushups in the morning 20 at night before I go to bed.
Here's something helpful I found a while ago when I started traning to go for SEALs:
http://www.navyseals.com/community/navy … t_main.cfm
It's not that difficult, and you can drop the swimming if you want to. Hope it's helpful for you.
Yea thats a good workout. A few guys in my flight are actually doing the SEALs program right now.
br4vo.f0xtrot
+1|6569

Point&Shoot wrote:

br4vo.f0xtrot wrote:

Point&Shoot wrote:

So I'm disrespecting the US by pointing out their short-comings ie: war-mongering, elitism, arrogance...

No shit...

Pointing out our "short-comings" is like me telling all of your friends (the american people), about your (america) little weewee (short-comings). its just disrespectful. this may not make sense to you, but sure as hell makes sense to me.
You missed my point, I am disrespecting the US.  Under their current government, both on a social and economic level, the US is in a tailspin and is going to take out everyone else when she craters.

My dis-respect is not targeted at the individual US citizen, but the US government and the society that supports it.  If that offends you personally because you blindly support the US government, good.

The sooner that the US, as a society, can recoqnize this, the sooner they can fix it and become a true leader of the world.  Not through military might, but through social progress.
Its not that i blindly support the US government, hell, i could care less about what the president does, theres nothing i can do to stop what he does or doesnt do. I was just trying to point out that a few things you said were total low blows.
arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6679|Colorado Springs, CO

Point&Shoot wrote:

arabeater wrote:

Point&Shoot wrote:

Ok now you want to talk about Afghanistan...

I don't agree with the war over their any more, and being Canadian I have written several times to my MP's and received responses with nothing more that repetitive propaganda and "support the troops" BS.

I sure as hell don't like the UK government's policy of "do what Bush does".

Can anyone provide a valid argument based upon facts and not propaganda or someother sound-bite?
Well I respect you opinion on the war anyhow. I do have to say that the Canadian forces I have served with were some of the best and coolest guys around.
I'm not even saying that war is never an option but I do believe that many good men and women are dying from many nations in Iraq and Afghanistan and I really wonder why.

I do understand that many people died on 9/11, but how many have died after in the name of 9/11, where does it end?
Hey man, I see what your saying but something had to be done. We had to take the fight to them. And that happened to be Afghanistan. Iraq is a whole different bag of tricks. It ends when the terrorists stop doing stupid shit. When will that be? Who knows.
BVC
+325|6694
He should only make such comments if hes prepared to actively help soldiers who refuse to go.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6560

ATG wrote:

He should send some free product to Iraq
Why?

Not that I agree with the employees response, and he should have been fired.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6366|Columbus, Ohio

Bubbalo wrote:

ATG wrote:

Why?

I am suprised you do not agree with that guy.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command

Bubbalo wrote:

ATG wrote:

Why?

Just seems like the right thing to do to keep his company name good.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6560
How is giving free stuff out the right thing to do?

If wants wants to make a good name, he might be well advised to, but that is different to it being the right thing to do.  Punishing the employee was the right thing to do.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6491|Connecticut

Point&Shoot wrote:

So "He's certainly entitled to his opinion. That's what soldiers defend..." but if somebody doesn't like his opinion the "i'de shoot his ass".  Or are the soldiers/US actually fighting to maintain control over opinion at home and abroad?

If somebody wants to express their opinion, isn't that a basic "freedom" in the US.  Of course all of those who would like to "shoot his ass" or think he's a prick are equally entitled to their opinions as well. 

But is saying "you and your troops would pull out of Iraq." disrespectful?  Or is it actually showing a little compassion towards the troops.  Anyone who disagrees with the war is labeled as unpatriotic.  But is it really unpatriotic to speak against a war started through lies and propaganda and want to see that all the troops come home alive and not die needlessly?

Go ahead and start your flaming...support Bush and his war on his own people.
Speaking out against a war is not unpatriotic. Telling a Sgt, who is someone who has no billet of command whatsoever, that HE should pull out of Iraq is fucking idiotic. The poor Sgt makes so little money he has to buy a rug at a goddammed discount internet place. It is poor professionalism. The salesman is there to do his job and thats it. Dont give out your opinion in a business transaction you asshole, go on a forum where it is anticipated and embraced with debate.The sales man deserves to get fired because he has made a poor decision on his own merit. His opinion does not matter on any subject other than his job while he is operating in the capacity of his job, and he chose to go outside the parameters of his respective companies policies. That means he gets fired. It happens everywhere so dont bring Bush into this.
Malloy must go
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6541|Texas - Bigger than France

Bubbalo wrote:

How is giving free stuff out the right thing to do?

If wants wants to make a good name, he might be well advised to, but that is different to it being the right thing to do.  Punishing the employee was the right thing to do.
To create good PR to alleviate the bad PR.  That's the theory.
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6395|Indianapolis, IN
Haha, that soldier is a crybaby bitch.

The employee is a fucking retard.
sgt_mango333
+31|6651

Pubic wrote:

He should only make such comments if hes prepared to actively help soldiers who refuse to go.
What are you talking about?  Do you yourself even know?  Why would you support a soldier refusing to fight in a war sanctioned by his governement?  That's like supporting a footballer refusing to play in a game his team is scheduled to play.  Ridiculous.  If you are a pacifist, don't join the military.  It isn't rocket science.
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6654|United States of America

klassekock wrote:

What a piece crap!
In my country we have freedom of speech and don't get fired for stating a opinion even if it's wrong or not. Maybe the employee was wrong saying those things but he shouldn't have bee fired for it. A warning would have been enough.
Don't you have any legal rights for the worker in the USA????
In your country Employees are rude and disrespectful to potential customers and don't get fired.  Are you from France????

In the US if someone says "I want to buy X if you can ship it?"  The correct answer is " Sorry we don't ship our products, is there another way we can help you? ". 

klassekock wrote:

Don't you have any legal rights for the worker in the USA?
WTF does insulting a customer then being fired have to do with freedom of speech and workers rights?  An employee's personal feelings about a war has nothing to do with answering if the company you work for ships APO.

You fail at life.
UGADawgs
+13|6320|South Carolina, US

Point&Shoot wrote:

br4vo.f0xtrot wrote:

Point&Shoot wrote:

No shit...

The US isn't in the best of times but it's not in a tailspin. I'm not surprised that you're against the war in Iraq, but I'm really surprised that you don't favor the war in Afghanistan. We knew that the planners of 9/11 were in Afghanistan, and we went in there and established a government unfavorable to terrorism. The whole operation now is keeping the government in power and finishing off the Taliban. I don't see how you would be in favor of an Afghanistan back under the Taliban.

It's not fair to take away the British's honor of being the only nation to capture Washington, you know. Don't forget that we torched Toronto, the colonial capital, and we even used American troops for it.
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6545|Canada

UGADawgs wrote:

Point&Shoot wrote:

br4vo.f0xtrot wrote:

The US isn't in the best of times but it's not in a tailspin. I'm not surprised that you're against the war in Iraq, but I'm really surprised that you don't favor the war in Afghanistan. We knew that the planners of 9/11 were in Afghanistan, and we went in there and established a government unfavorable to terrorism. The whole operation now is keeping the government in power and finishing off the Taliban. I don't see how you would be in favor of an Afghanistan back under the Taliban.

It's not fair to take away the British's honor of being the only nation to capture Washington, you know. Don't forget that we torched Toronto, the colonial capital, and we even used American troops for it.
Torching Toronto is actually doing the rest of Canada a favor (an opinion shared by almost all Canadians who don't live in Toronto a.k.a. the centre of the universe).  So a tip of the hat to US forces is due in that respect.

As for Afghanistan, I really have trouble understanding the reasons for the invasion.  Yes, a lot of reasons have been spouted, none of which are out-right lies, but I don't think the public has been given the whole picture, at least not in totality.  The perpetrators of 9/11 were, I believe, mostly Saudis not Afghans, so it's not like Afghanistan can be accused of breeding terrorists.  As for the Taliban being in favor of terrorism, I think that idea stems back to their protection of bin Laden.  The idea that the Taliban is protecting bin Laden comes from their refusal to extradite him to the US for bombing US embassies, because the US was unable to come up with enough evidence to warrant extradition.  I for one can't blame them because in Canada, sometimes extradition to the US can be fought because in some cases the accused are facing the death penalty when they are tried in the US.

When the Taliban took power, they brought long sought-after peace to their country, after many years of war.  They also cut down their opium production so much, that according to some people in the field of drug enforcement, struck the biggest blow to the trafficking of heroin since the inception of the DEA.  No, living under an Islamic fundamentalist government isn't the best way of life, particularly if you're a woman, but it was without constant conflict.  Now that they are gone, they are plunged back into war.

The unfortunate thing about most middle-east nations is that they only seem to thrive when they are governed by oppressive and even tyrannical governments.  From Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan who are/were strong right-wing governments to Saudia Arabia and Kuwait who live under monarchies...maybe democracy doesn't work in all places.  Hell, the US gave up on it years ago, and just stuck the final nail in that coffin when Bush got another term.  As for why democracy doesn't stick, it may be due to the vast numbers of different cultures and tribes in such small areas of land that they can't get along.
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6545|Canada

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Point&Shoot wrote:

So "He's certainly entitled to his opinion. That's what soldiers defend..." but if somebody doesn't like his opinion the "i'de shoot his ass".  Or are the soldiers/US actually fighting to maintain control over opinion at home and abroad?

If somebody wants to express their opinion, isn't that a basic "freedom" in the US.  Of course all of those who would like to "shoot his ass" or think he's a prick are equally entitled to their opinions as well. 

But is saying "you and your troops would pull out of Iraq." disrespectful?  Or is it actually showing a little compassion towards the troops.  Anyone who disagrees with the war is labeled as unpatriotic.  But is it really unpatriotic to speak against a war started through lies and propaganda and want to see that all the troops come home alive and not die needlessly?

Go ahead and start your flaming...support Bush and his war on his own people.
Speaking out against a war is not unpatriotic. Telling a Sgt, who is someone who has no billet of command whatsoever, that HE should pull out of Iraq is fucking idiotic. The poor Sgt makes so little money he has to buy a rug at a goddammed discount internet place. It is poor professionalism. The salesman is there to do his job and thats it. Dont give out your opinion in a business transaction you asshole, go on a forum where it is anticipated and embraced with debate.The sales man deserves to get fired because he has made a poor decision on his own merit. His opinion does not matter on any subject other than his job while he is operating in the capacity of his job, and he chose to go outside the parameters of his respective companies policies. That means he gets fired. It happens everywhere so dont bring Bush into this.
I do agree with that, without taking the larger political issues into account an looking strictly at some idiot telling off some Sgt who has no control over who he's fighting and just wants a rug for his barracks(?), that's just plane ignorant.  Forums are nice for venting, but to make a difference, writing to the government or your elected representatives is a little more effective.  All troops deserve our support, but they also need people to speak up and say that they don't want their soldiers dying just to satisfy some war-monger's blood-lust.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard