Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6707
I'm wondering what you think is the most useless unlock or default weapon in the game wich you think is just plain crappy or never use also did you regret unlocking a weapon cause its crap and wish you did something else? I do.

Well i havent unlocked all of the weapons but i've tried all of them usually from picking up kits on the ground i'd say one of the most crappy / useless / weapons i hardly EVER see people use is the G3 now i know it has big power and can take people out in 3 or 4 shots but the weapon only has 20 rounds and has horrible accuracy its just not worth it if it had 30 rounds then it might think of it as being a "assault" class weapon really never see any people use this i wish i never unlocked it and picked the medics unlock instead and i get this strange feeling when ever i used the G3 it feels like my character's hands is holding a kitchen sink or something its a real big thing it looks like a big cunt or something.

The other is the Enginers standard pump action shotgun its pretty useless i mean i know you can kill some one with one shot in close range but you miss most of the time and compared to doa and other shotguns its just crappy (although i do like pump action shotguns in games and etc but they are usually useless in mp games)

So what about you?

Oh and if they made the assault classes m16a2m203 fully automatic then i would use it all the time (when i use the assault i use the rifle more then the grenade launcher i dont really like the grenade launcher i only like using it to flush out people in inclosed areas like bunkers and behind stuff etc)
PinkSugarHeartAttack
Sailor Mini Moon
+0|6746
Gun I regret unlocking: F2000. I just don't use it much, I don't even play assault much!
Most Useless Unlock: L85A1. I hate that gun with a passion.
Most Useless default gun: Any of the default Anti-Tank subs. Might as well just use the pistol
dodge_this(fr)
Raving Rabbit
+26|6708|The Hague, Netherlands
L-85 for different reasons
1) This gun isn't very powerful and I prefer the AK-101
2) I don't play medic that much and when I'm a medic, I use more shock padles or health pack to help my teamates out.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6724|Antarctica
L85A1, MP5, and G3
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6790|Atlanta, GA USA
I would have to agree with PinkSugarHeartAttack.  The L85A1 is horrible (IMO).  As are the AT SMGs.  I am so glad for the G36E and DAO12!

The G3 is not worthless.  It is the second most accurate Assault gun (M16 is the most accurate by far).  In addition, it does the most damage of all of the assault guns.  The only real drawbacks (to me) are the small clip size and the low number of clips.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6728|Wilmington, DE, US
I hate the M16s and the submachine guns. I refuse to use either.

L85A1 I liked, but the G36E is a superior weapon.
papagolf
+0|6715
Sorry for being a n00b but how do you take someone's kit?
Torin
+52|6711

papagolf wrote:

G, or whatever button is mapped to "Pick up Kit". Of course, you have to kill them first.
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6777|Rotherham, England
default button to take someones kit is G, you prerss it over their kitbag on floor when you killed them.

I can't believe how many people dont like the l85a1, its a monster weapon when used correctly, imo its the only medic weapon for use on maps like karkand and mashtuur cos the g36e isn't full auto.
PinkSugarHeartAttack
Sailor Mini Moon
+0|6746
I have two buttons on my mouse mapped to fire. Who needs full auto when you can burst at the speed of light?
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6774

papagolf wrote:

Use G.

As for the guns, I have to disagree with the G3 bashing. If you understand the strengths of this weapon, and you use short bursts, even at long distances you can take out people. The worst weapons, IMO, are the L85A1 (which doesn't do much damage and is so inaccurate that you have to be within knife range to hit) and the AT SMGs.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6780|Internet!
G36E. Can't stand it.
Jackhammer is a close second.
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6774

Kanil wrote:

G36E. Can't stand it.
Ah, you just don't fight close combat. The G36E is a great (i.e. the only good) medic gun which can be easily used to take out enemies from close-to-far ranges. The Jackhammer is okay, and as an engineer you don't need to be taking on enemies in close-combat all the time.
Anima05
+1|6778

Kanil wrote:

G36E. Can't stand it.
Ok, the G36E is the best distance gun (not counting the sniper rifles) and despite the clip size, no one will ever beat you up close if you are using the Jackhammer (unless the have a GL)
Anima05
+1|6778
o and I hate the L85A1, the basic anti-tank guns, and the SF engineer unlock
the_ubernoob_
+8|6762
the SF engineer unlock (i think its the MP7) is a fairly effective close combat unlock...although completely useless because the Jackhammer (which you need to unlock before unlocking the MP7) does a better job at close range.

Also the MG36.  It packs a punch but doesn't have the firepower of the PKM (the gun you unlock before the MG36).  The only 2 things I really like about this gun are
1: it looks cool.
2: superior reloading.

about the L85A1 (medic gun with the scope).  I only find it useful in an anti-sniper role.  Use the L85 with the medpack and take comfort in the fact that the sniper needs a headshot to kill you before your medpack heals you and that the sniper has no medpack to heal the damage from the less accuarate and less damaging bullets you send his way.

(aren't they going to "alter" the accuaracy on the L85 in the next patch?)
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6745|Debris From Space
They're all good. It's just people like you who aren't skilled with that kit.
sven_ventjes
+0|6719|belgium
i don't like the jackhammer it sucks
all the other weapons are good i don't know dao-12 and mp-7 and the support weapons i still haven't unluckt them yet
priznat
+0|6866
I actually quite like the MP7, makes a nice change from the shotguns as engineer sometimes. It's accurate, fires fast and hits decently hard.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6759|England
L85A1 sucks! hope they improve it alot, was such a let-down.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6790|Atlanta, GA USA

Anima05 wrote:

Kanil wrote:

G36E. Can't stand it.
Ok, the G36E is the best distance gun (not counting the sniper rifles) and despite the clip size, no one will ever beat you up close if you are using the Jackhammer (unless the have a GL)
I love the G36E!  I've been using it to kill snipers!  Unless they headshot me, they're dead before they have a chance to reload.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6790|Atlanta, GA USA

the_ubernoob_ wrote:

Also the MG36.  It packs a punch but doesn't have the firepower of the PKM (the gun you unlock before the MG36).  The only 2 things I really like about this gun are
The MG36 is great.  It does less damage per bullet than the PKM, but is more accurate and shoots faster, which makes it more deadly overall. (the two guns actually do about the same damage per second if you don't take accuracy into account)  Also, you can shoot about 80 bullets before it overheats!  You can't beat that.  Plus your 1 and 2 above! 
The Soup Nazi
+18|6806|North Lauderdale, FL
i'd probably say the m95.  the only good thing about it is shooting pilots in the cockpits.  but it's so loud and is quite finicky in my hands that i normally choose the m24 while playing USMC.

my favorite gun unlock was the g36e.  what a pleasant surprise for the medic kit after the L85A1.
Sgt.Gene
+215|6782

the_ubernoob_ wrote:

the SF engineer unlock (i think its the MP7) is a fairly effective close combat unlock...although completely useless because the Jackhammer (which you need to unlock before unlocking the MP7) does a better job at close range.

about the L85A1 (medic gun with the scope).  I only find it useful in an anti-sniper role.  Use the L85 with the medpack and take comfort in the fact that the sniper needs a headshot to kill you before your medpack heals you and that the sniper has no medpack to heal the damage from the less accuarate and less damaging bullets you send his way.

(aren't they going to "alter" the accuaracy on the L85 in the next patch?)
u know what i find useful in anti sniper.... my m95
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6774

The Soup Nazi wrote:

i'd probably say the m95.  the only good thing about it is shooting pilots in the cockpits.  but it's so loud and is quite finicky in my hands that i normally choose the m24 while playing USMC.

my favorite gun unlock was the g36e.  what a pleasant surprise for the medic kit after the L85A1.
The M95 is, as someone put it before, like training wheels. You can't really get decent as a sniper without it, but afterwards the '24 gives a much better solution. The '95 makes you go for good shots with the big-ass sight lines.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard